Lions Home/Road

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lions are 5-3 at home and 3-4 on the road.

More interesting to me:

The Lions average over 33 ppg at home and 19 on the road.

They go from playing in warm climes or in their dome to the grass if Lambeau with a high of 25 forecasted.

I think there’s going to be a lot of talk about their offense this week, but I have my doubts that it’s showing up.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions have a much better O line than the Vikings. Alexander needs to be used the same way against St. Brown as he was against Jefferson. It will be a much tighter game because I doubt the Lions will turn the ball over 4 times with their O line. Still, I like the Packers chances since the special teams are much better and the run defense is better without Lowry.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main thing that worries me is that in the Viking game, absolutely everything went the Packers way. It was a perfect storm. I hope they don't start expecting to get a bunch of breaks. Anyway, we'll find out how legit our defense is.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main thing that worries me is that in the Viking game, absolutely everything went the Packers way. It was a perfect storm. I hope they don't start expecting to get a bunch of breaks. Anyway, we'll find out how legit our defense is.
The turnovers seemed to come our way and I wouldn’t count on that happening every time, but they were playing pretty good D to the point I believe punts and FGs attempts were likely outcomes of a lot of those drives

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have Goff at qb..he STINKS in cold weather! He should be good for a couple of ints!! The Packers pretty much beat themselves the last time they played the lions..terrible offense and sloppy defense and sts. They will be ready..as LAMBEAU WILL BE ROCKING!!!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have Goff at qb..he STINKS in cold weather! He should be good for a couple of ints!! The Packers pretty much beat themselves the last time they played the lions..terrible offense and sloppy defense and sts. They will be ready..as LAMBEAU WILL BE ROCKING!!!
Goff hasn‘t thrown a pick in something like 8 games.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If only we could have gotten just one break in that 9er game last January.

D

Deleted member 6794

Goff hasn‘t thrown a pick in something like 8 games.

That's actually pretty impressive. I didn't realize Goff hasn't thrown an interception on his last 291 pass attempts. There's some hope as Alexander has been the last one to pick him off though.

Reaction score
You heard of Franko Harris Immaculate Concepion.

Wouldn't it be great (with the packers win and loose record), if the Packers won out, won in the play-offs then played in the SB and won that.

Has any team that you know of did that?

Reaction score
True. I think our Defense went into that Vikings game on a mission for respect. We’ve been essentially degraded all season (and initially for good reason) and everyone has petted MN. I believe That’s where the challenge from J’aire was coming from. J’ is a really good CB that hadn’t played at the top of his game (by his standards) for a stretch.

That was then this is now. Here we are without our #1 Edge Rusher and opposing teams (good teams too) are having a hard time running up the score on us. After the recent 14 garbage points without B teams playing, we’re allowing about 21 pts per contest. However factoring in takeaways? (12 takeaways in the last 4 contests) This D group is easily a top 10-12 Defensive unit

In 931 plays (#2 least league-wide) The Packers D has 17 INT (tied for 3rd with the Eagles and 49ers) AND
The Packers has also forced another 7 takeaways on fumbles (total Takeaways is tied for #6)
Dissecting further? GB’s Defense gets a takeaway every 38.79 plays

Dallas takeaways every 32.44 #1
Eagles takeaways every 37.37 #2
49ers takeaways every 37.54 #3
Patriots takeaway every 38.26 #4
Packers takeaway every 38.79 #5

As a gauge, The lowest in the league is every 84.83 plays.

As we can clearly see by who’s in this list, Takeaways are a key component in D success (and winning games Defensively) The Lions are exceptional at taking care of the ball this season (#1 in the league with just 15 Giveaways) We have to change that Sunday night.

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main thing that worries me is that in the Viking game, absolutely everything went the Packers way. It was a perfect storm.
Hopefully the Packers can keep the momentum. It sure helps with confidence. It seems like the players want to win out.

Reaction score
Their record doesn't show it.
Detroit started with one of the leagues toughest schedules (similar to us). Their 1-6 start was not reflective of their true strength (similar to our 4-8 start).

Either team (GB or Detroit) could present problems in the playoffs. Although I don’t think Detroits Defense would last long past a Wild card contests. The Packers are more well rounded, but we still have yet to see our Offense peak.

If we beat Detroit? I’m envisioning a FA signing to boost the Offense. Possibly even OBJ or another veteran depth option.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or the nfc championship against Tommy's team!! That was another wasted opportunity.
How do you define a "break"? We got a pick when SF was driving deep in Packers territory near the end of the first half. Then we stopped them on 4th and 1 when they driving deep in Packers territory in the second half.

Then of course we picked off Brady 3 times in the second half in 2020.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wouldn't it be great (with the packers win and loose record), if the Packers won out, won in the play-offs then played in the SB and won that.

Has any team that you know of did that?

The 2011 New York Giants are currently the team with the worst regular season record to have won the Super Bowl at 9-7. Therefore no team which has lost eight games in a season has won it so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts