Lions a fluke? or just bad luck?

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
In this weeks game Matthew Stafford threw 63 passes only completing 33, in the lose to the Bears.
Will the Lions continue on this losing streak and be a fluke, or was this just a stroke of bad luck and bad playing?

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their weeknesses have become common knowledge throughout the NFL. They can not run, can't stop the run, and Stafford is not accurate and does not take care of the football.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno if it's a fluke or luck, but the Lions sure do look like a bunch of *****es these days. Between Schwartz getting sand in his ****** over the "back slap" to Staffor yanking a guy down by the back of his helmet to Suh and his non-stop dirty play, this obviously isn't a team ready to compete for anything more than the dunce cap and a trip to the principal's office.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not flukes. The talent is there, but the mental toughness isn't. Not quite. I don't doubt it will come. In the coming years the Lions are only going to get better.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Every year there is a team that jumps to a great start and falls later in the season.

Anyone remember the Broncos back in 2009? They started 5-0 and finished 8-8. Detriot started a lucky 5-0, when they could have been 3-2 that far into the season taking away those two miracle comebacks on teams that were not playing to close the game, but rather run up stats (Dallas passing the ball in the second half after jumping a 20 point lead) or just bad play calling simple (Minnesota not running the ball much in the second half)

The Lions look like an average team now they are losing, and I expect them to lose more, but I still wouldn't scratch them off for Thanksgiving. One thing, I see many people ignore is the importance of divisional games. They know what we're going to do, and they have more of a chance of beating us than anyone else, because they play us twice a year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Their RB is gone....With out him they are a different team..

Although someone here said it was all Megatron, we tried to tell him it wasnt him

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Their RB is gone....With out him they are a different team..

Although someone here said it was all Megatron, we tried to tell him it wasnt him

I believe it is Megatron, because all year long the Lions have had a hard time running the ball, or most the time, they don't even try to run it, they would rather Stafford put it in the air 40-60 times.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I say it is Staford my self...He goes down the team suffers..

Bu with Best out, one cant help but see the results

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I stand by my original thought that a championship team can't be built in one year. They seem to have the talent but are recently falling short. Maybe they got a little too sure of themselves with the early winning streak and let their guard down.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
They are a better team than they were. Their pass rush is there, but the rest of their defense hasn't quite caught up. Their run defense is improving, but still suspect. From what I could see, special teams killed them yesterday. But I'm in a market that only got the highlights of that game. I understand the winds were whipping at about 40 mph. That would have challenged Stafford as well, since he likes his dome.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I think that yesterdays game was the beggining of the end of the Lions I think they will start going back to there old ways and start losing. I can see them finishing the season at 8-8

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Stafford was way off yesterday. He was wearing gloves to protect his hand. He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn unless it was painted orange and nothing was going their way. I think they are like a rattlesnake and if mishandled they are going to bite you. They are not a complete team yet but watch out because they are going to be a force for a long time to come. If the playoffs start today 3 teams from the black and blue division are in. This is going to be fun.:cool:

I think we are going to have a good game Turkey day and ARoge gets the Galloping Gobbler.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The announcer said it was weird for him to wear gloves,he should take them off that was part of problem felt there was something wrong with his right hand,thing is bears kept getting pressure on him,moved Peppers to the right side maybe t5hat is what we should do with clay move him on the other side don't let them know where he will be.Bears did a good job on d-line Hester well he gave o-line some good yards and a t.d that's where points game we have better corners,not worried about the bears.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does Detroit teach the "rip the helmet off of the opponent" tackle? (ie Stafford's attempt & Suh vs Cutler) Should the NFL be concerned that the rip and twist helmet tackling of Suh is going to cause someone a permanent injury (or worse)? The bad boy label for the Lions is definitely being earned.

However, yesterday, the Lions started a fight that they couldn't finish and it wasn't due to bad luck. I would not say that the Lions are a fluke but they still are in need of some lessons on how to play with the big boys. (and I'm not just talking about how to play nice)!! ;)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Really, Julius Peppers was all over him the entire game, and it was causing flash backs of him chasing Rodgers in Chicago last year. I do not want the Bears in the playoffs, cause their defense has the groove again that it had last year, and as we know, they are the only defense that can actually shut Rodgers down. But in the meantime, big win over Detroit, and Cutler can't even hit 50% of his passes, and Matt Forte was shut down most of that game.

Bears defense is scary, but their offense is a one man show. No Forte, no offense. That's Mike Martz comparing him to Marshall Faulk, he's bound to get injured anyway since he is the entire offense.

LOLions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flukes and a bunch of thugs. They are first round exit material at best but I doubt they even make the playoffs.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions are falling apart, but is anyone else worried about the fact that there's a 3day gap between TB and DET? Yiiikes...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Lions are falling apart, but is anyone else worried about the fact that there's a 3day gap between TB and DET? Yiiikes...

That's gonna be the biggest challenge. It really boils down to 3 games in 9 1/2 days. It's a good thing they got through tonight relatively injury free.