line-drive punts

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I jus hope ppl don't blast Koren if he can't produce. Watch the wedge or lack of I should say. Hard to run when no one is being blocked lol

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really disappointed in our STs. With the huge turnover in personnel this year, I would have bet that we'd see improvement in that area. But no. So why not hold the STs coach responsible? It's his job to kick *** when these guys can't cover their lanes. It's entirely possible that we have the WORST STs units. Worst of all, there doesn't seem to be any bit of improvement showing. This unit will cause us grief all year. My opinion is that our coaching staff leaves much to be desired.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What worries me more is the coaching... Sunday we will see what difference it makes from having a real coach like Sean Payton and the lost guy that we have...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
What worries me more is the coaching... Sunday we will see what difference it makes from having a real coach like Sean Payton and the lost guy that we have...

you gotta be kidding me.

i didnt know a rookie HC was supposed to look like a superbowl winning coach in midseason form IN WEEK 1.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Chamuko said:

you gotta be kidding me.

i didnt know a rookie HC was supposed to look like a superbowl winning coach in midseason form IN WEEK 1.

Learn something new every day there eh Trom? :)

If there isn't any progress, I have to think the coaching staff is doing something wrong. Just my opinion tho

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely agree there should be improvements (coaching,punting,etc)

and if there isnt, thats a problem.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if the punter is the problem, I'd say it's the coverage unit. IN the preseason game vs the titans, Ryan was averaging 55 yards per punt at one point, with one at like 69 yards, and the one before it had a 5+ second hang time.

Of course that's preseason, but the guy has the ability. What I see on our punt coverage is a lot of guys missing tackles.

as for our punt returner, our wedge sucks...

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a real step up from bj"5 yard shanks" sanders....the kid has a great leg and a real future in the nfl. The coverage team worries me with the large gaps up the middle.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We saw the same thing again in the game vs the saints. Decent punts and hang times and TERRIBLE coverage. How about just hitting the ball carrier to start.

Members online

Latest posts