LeRoy Butler is a Hall finalist

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I'm happy he's a finalist, man I hope someday Sterling makes it in.

D

Deleted member 6794

While I'm happy he's a finalist, man I hope someday Sterling makes it in.

I highly doubt Butler makes it this time, Sterling doesn't stand a chance of being inducted at any point.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LeRoy Butler, 181 games, 165 starts: 38 INTs, 13 FFs, 20.5 sacks, 474 solo tackles, 10 TFLs, 4× All-pro, 4× Pro Bowl, 1990's All-Decade team.

Steve Atwater, 167 games, 166 starts: 24 INTs, 6 FFs, 5 sacks, 334 solo tackles, 8× Pro Bowl, 2× All-Pro, 1990's All-Decade team.

Things that make you go "Hmmm"

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt Butler makes it this time, Sterling doesn't stand a chance of being inducted at any point.
Why? Because he only played seven seasons? Terrell Davis played six and is in. What Sterling did at the receiver position is on par with what TD did at running back. Sharpe should absolutely be in.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Because he only played seven seasons? Terrell Davis played six and is in. What Sterling did at the receiver position is on par with what TD did at running back. Sharpe should absolutely be in.
TD was the reason Denver won 2 super bowls. They don't have any in those years without him. I'm still on the fence with him getting in, as other RB's have had similar seasons just not on winning teams and he didn't have much for longevity, but lombardi's really seem to matter when voting for the HOF and he was the reason Denver got 2 in a row. Lombardi's matter so much Eli Manning will get in and he shouldn't even sniff the HOF based on his QB skills.

Sharpe was good on a mediocre to poor team. He's not getting in

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
LeRoy Butler, 181 games, 165 starts: 38 INTs, 13 FFs, 20.5 sacks, 474 solo tackles, 10 TFLs, 4× All-pro, 4× Pro Bowl, 1990's All-Decade team.

Steve Atwater, 167 games, 166 starts: 24 INTs, 6 FFs, 5 sacks, 334 solo tackles, 8× Pro Bowl, 2× All-Pro, 1990's All-Decade team.

Things that make you go "Hmmm"

Butler should have gone in prior to Atwater but Atwater provided more ESPN "jacked-up" moments many of which would be illegal under current rules.

Do you think the Jimmy Johnson & Bill Cowher were elected to the HOF on there merits or because the NFL wanted to keep FOX ($9.9 B) and CBS ($9 B) happy? Cowher I can kind of understand as he had a 149-90-1 record in 15 years. Johnson's record is only 80-64 in 9 seasons and his real success was in Dallas prior to the salary cap with an open checkbook owner.

Last edited:

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Butler should have gone in prior to Atwater but Atwater provided more ESPN "jacked-up" moments many of which would be illegal under current rules.

Do you think the Jimmy Johnson & Bill Cowher were elected to the HOF on there merits or because the NFL wanted to keep FOX ($9.9 B) and CBS ($9 B) happy? Cowher I can kind of understand as he had a 149-90-1 record in 15 years. Johnson's record is only 80-64 in 9 seasons and his real success was in Dallas prior to the salary cap with an open checkbook owner.
Cowher isn't a Hall of Famer IMO. He lost alot more big games than he won. Johnson built a dynasty through the draft. I thought that was common knowledge.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Not thinking straight this morning. Forgot about all the draft capital thanks to the Vikings and Hershal Walker. Maybe Jimmy should thank the Vikings at his acceptance speech? Still not worthy of the HOF in my opinion.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not thinking straight this morning. Forgot about all the draft capital thanks to the Vikings and Hershal Walker. Maybe Jimmy should thank the Vikings at his acceptance speech? Still not worthy of the HOF in my opinion.
Jimmy Johnson is by far a HOF. He's the one that made that Dallas Dynasty. Cowher on the other hand is questionable.

Members online

Latest posts