Legacy documentary of the first 100 years.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Anyone watching this? I saw an article somewhere that it's on the Amazon Fire Stick Packers app and Lo and behold it is.

I had to find my old Firestick first but this is a really good set of documentaries.

Ton of info I never saw, read or heard before.

I guess the DVD set will be released later.

H

HardRightEdge

Only available on Amazon Fire TV, ROKU or AppleTV. You won't find it on Prime Video. And, the DVD release will only be on Blue Ray.
I'm confused. "Amazon Fire TV" is a collection of streaming devices, not a content delivery service. I have a First Stick and when it initializes up pops the "Amazon Prime" video icon. I've never seen any other Amazon content service.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm confused. "Amazon Fire TV" is a collection of streaming devices, not a content delivery service. I have a First Stick and when it initializes up pops the "Amazon Prime" video icon. I've never seen any other Amazon content service.

I searched on Prime. When I put in the Fire Stick and searched for the Packers app...there it was. Check out the Packers.com site...that's where I first saw the story.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that in the story too, not sure why they specifically said amazon fire stick instead of just amazon prime streaming. Some stream via fire stick, a plain ol "fire" a smart tv and still some have the work around streaming prime stuff thru chromecast.

I haven't looked yet on Prime, which is now just thru app on TV, but we've done the work around with chromecast before that believe it or not was more stable than the Amazon "fire" we had, which came after the "fire stick" and heck if i know the difference between them.

But I didn't know if it was intentional in saying specifically fire stick, or just using that as a general prime streaming services term? I'll look tonight and see.

H

HardRightEdge

Only available on Amazon Fire TV, ROKU or AppleTV. You won't find it on Prime Video. And, the DVD release will only be on Blue Ray.
After playing around with this a bit you were right in the first place. The Packers web site says the same thing.

I found the Packer ap as you described drilling down through the Fire Stick's app store where the app is free. Amazon Prime does not have an app store by it's nature and while you can search for "Packer" content in Prime you will find some but you won't find the specific programming you mentioned. I went through a smart LG TV's ap store, which is pretty limited, and there was also nothing of the sort.

I thought about device specific content limitations years ago when I opted for a monitor-type TV and the external Fire Stick, saving a couple of hundred dollars, while having the flexibility to swap for another external device (and it's content access and performance) for cheap later on if needed. I never thought about it again until now because Netflix and Prime is all I ever watch outside cable, not being much of a TV junkie. I wouldn't even have those subscriptions if my wife didn't insist.

We tend to think about these devices, internal to a smart TV or external, in terms of their download performance, controls and user interface. They all access Prime, Netflix, Hulu and the other major names. But as this evidences, content is device specific at the margins.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm through the Lombardi era and am now moving into the Dark Ages that I remember all too well. I'll watch those well before I eat anything.

H

HardRightEdge

I'm through the Lombardi era and am now moving into the Dark Ages that I remember all too well. I'll watch those well before I eat anything.
I'm saving it for one of those nights when I comb through Prime and Netfix for something to watch and come up empty, which happens to be most of the time.

superdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm saving it for one of those nights when I comb through Prime and Netfix for something to watch and come up empty, which happens to be most of the time.[/QUOTE ]

Watch Pine Gap on Netflix. Also, can't wait to find this packers stuff tonight. Should get to catch about an hour of it.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at Packers.com and on youtube is outstanding. it's two episodes in so you can catch up quick if you're not watching it.
I saw the first about a week ago and the second today definitely worth watching.

Last edited:

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
If you have an Amazon Fire Stick you can watch the Green Bay 100 Years Legacy documentary in it’s entirety right now. Just downloaded the Packers App on the Amazon Fire Stick.

GO PACK GO!!!

Now also on Packers.com and the Packers App

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We had a thread on this?? It was way back never would have seen it..

I merged the two just so others viewpoints are all in one place

Members online

Latest posts