1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy documentary of the first 100 years.

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by weeds, Feb 23, 2020.

1. weeds

weeds Fiber deprived old guy.

Packer Fan Since:
    Anyone watching this? I saw an article somewhere that it's on the Amazon Fire Stick Packers app and Lo and behold it is.

I had to find my old Firestick first but this is a really good set of documentaries.

Ton of info I never saw, read or heard before.

I guess the DVD set will be released later.

2. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    cool. i'll look for it on amazon prime.

3. weeds

Packer Fan Since:
    Only available on Amazon Fire TV, ROKU or AppleTV. You won't find it on Prime Video. And, the DVD release will only be on Blue Ray.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I'm confused. "Amazon Fire TV" is a collection of streaming devices, not a content delivery service. I have a First Stick and when it initializes up pops the "Amazon Prime" video icon. I've never seen any other Amazon content service.

5. weeds

Packer Fan Since:
    I searched on Prime. When I put in the Fire Stick and searched for the Packers app...there it was. Check out the Packers.com site...that's where I first saw the story.

6. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I read that in the story too, not sure why they specifically said amazon fire stick instead of just amazon prime streaming. Some stream via fire stick, a plain ol "fire" a smart tv and still some have the work around streaming prime stuff thru chromecast.

I haven't looked yet on Prime, which is now just thru app on TV, but we've done the work around with chromecast before that believe it or not was more stable than the Amazon "fire" we had, which came after the "fire stick" and heck if i know the difference between them.

But I didn't know if it was intentional in saying specifically fire stick, or just using that as a general prime streaming services term? I'll look tonight and see.

7. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    thx.

8. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    After playing around with this a bit you were right in the first place. The Packers web site says the same thing.

I found the Packer ap as you described drilling down through the Fire Stick's app store where the app is free. Amazon Prime does not have an app store by it's nature and while you can search for "Packer" content in Prime you will find some but you won't find the specific programming you mentioned. I went through a smart LG TV's ap store, which is pretty limited, and there was also nothing of the sort.

I thought about device specific content limitations years ago when I opted for a monitor-type TV and the external Fire Stick, saving a couple of hundred dollars, while having the flexibility to swap for another external device (and it's content access and performance) for cheap later on if needed. I never thought about it again until now because Netflix and Prime is all I ever watch outside cable, not being much of a TV junkie. I wouldn't even have those subscriptions if my wife didn't insist.

We tend to think about these devices, internal to a smart TV or external, in terms of their download performance, controls and user interface. They all access Prime, Netflix, Hulu and the other major names. But as this evidences, content is device specific at the margins.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. weeds

Packer Fan Since:
    I'm through the Lombardi era and am now moving into the Dark Ages that I remember all too well. I'll watch those well before I eat anything.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I'm saving it for one of those nights when I comb through Prime and Netfix for something to watch and come up empty, which happens to be most of the time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. superdan

superdan Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:

12. weeds

Packer Fan Since:
    You and me both.