Leave it to ESPN to overcook something...

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tears before the game beers during the game cheers after the game.

Will the lounge be open at 4 as well?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tears before the game beers during the game cheers after the game.

Will the lounge be open at 4 as well?

I've made special arrangements to allow it. party starts at 4.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN takes over Green Bay by Green Bay Press-Gazette Sports reporter Tom Pellissero

"ESPN will send the cavalry for the Green Bay Packers' prime-time season opener on Sept. 8, broadcasting its "Monday Night Countdown" preview show, "Pardon the Interruption" and parts of two "SportsCenter" episodes live from Lambeau Field.

The entire "Monday Night Countdown" crew — Chris Berman, Stuart Scott, Tom Jackson, Keyshawn Johnson, Steve Young, Emmitt Smith and Chris Mortensen — will be on site, in addition to "Monday Night Football" announcers Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Tony Kornheiser and Kornheiser's "PTI" co-host, Michael Wilbon.

"We have not done this since the first 'MNF' season on ESPN in 2005," Bill Hofheimer, the network's communications director, wrote in an e-mail. "(B)ut with the Packers set to retire Brett Favre's jersey — and this being ESPN's first visit to Lambeau Field for a 'MNF' game — the decision was a no-brainer."

ESPN will kick off its coverage with "NFL Live" at 12:30 p.m. "PTI" will lead the live-from-Lambeau coverage at 2:30 p.m., followed by portions of "SportsCenter Monday Kickoff" (3 p.m.) and "Monday Night Countdown" (4 p.m.) before the 6 p.m. kickoff. The network will carry segments from Lambeau at halftime of the Denver Broncos/Oakland Raiders game, which starts at 9:15 p.m., and during its 12:30 a.m. "SportsCenter."

Somewhere in there, the Packers and Vikings reportedly will play a football game."

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
am i the only person who thinks Frank Caliendo's tv show is the worst thing on television.

I almost broke my neck getting to the remote one night while watching the office because i heard his show starting.
It's still on???? :shock:
Now.....i really like Caliendo........but his show sucks....BIG! I watched it once.......that was enough.

Now......to me, we can never have too much Favre!!! :D
We won't be seeing him much after this, so i'm gonna enjoy it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
I am a bonafide Packer and Favre fan.. but I think by the sounds of this plan.. I might not be able to hack the endless **** smooching that ESPN will be providing that evening..

You think it will be hard for YOU? Man, I plan to start drinking heavily on Sunday, just so I can get through the endless fav-re love fests on Monday...
Now that "Fav-re" is gone.......what neat name will you call our new QB?
"Ro-Dgers?" :wink:
Good like with "Jacks-on"! :wink: :lol:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if all the talking heads are on notice to refrain from using the term "TitleTown", until ESPN has finished its research into the rightful claimant to the name....

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:
Pack93z said:
I am a bonafide Packer and Favre fan.. but I think by the sounds of this plan.. I might not be able to hack the endless **** smooching that ESPN will be providing that evening..

You think it will be hard for YOU? Man, I plan to start drinking heavily on Sunday, just so I can get through the endless fav-re love fests on Monday...

Nope, Rodgers actually pronounces his name correctly. Fav-re somehow manages to defy all linguistic rules, both English and French, by pronouncing his name FAR-ve. It is as bad as saying "warsh" instead of "wash"... :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
NodakPaul said:
Pack93z said:

Nope, Rodgers actually pronounces his name correctly. Fav-re somehow manages to defy all linguistic rules, both English and French, by pronouncing his name FAR-ve. It is as bad as saying "warsh" instead of "wash"... :D
..........or for Canadians....."aBOOT" instead of about! :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts