Lane Kiffin says...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss and Jerry Porter will be returning to the Oakland Raiders next season. I just heard this on NFL Network about 10 minutes ago.

I don't really know how to feel about it either as it was intriguing that Moss might have landed in Green Bay. It would have made a huge impact to say the least - only problem is, nobody knows for sure if the impact would be positive or negative.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even tho i wanted moss this is a good thing ... at least we wont have a cancer in the team ... im sure jennings going to step up this year ... will find another jennings in the draft ... nothing to worry about

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If he were to say he didn't expect either to be back with the Raiders don't you think that'd lower the trade deal other teams would offer KNOWING the HC doens't expect them back?

When reading NFL people, I try to read them as sales people. They will say what they can to get the market up on their team, player or what not.

By saying they will be back with the Raiders is basically telling other teams if you want Moss/Porter you will have to pay dearly because we are expecting them on our roster, make it worth our while.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By saying that both will be on the Raiders next season, it basically means they value their talent and look forward to their contributions in a Raider uniform in 2007...

I would think that if the Raiders were seriously shopping either player, much of this news would be nonexistant because the Raiders are notoriously quiet about their dealings...much of this "Moss trade" stuff is media fodder imo.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he were to say he didn't expect either to be back with the Raiders don't you think that'd lower the trade deal other teams would offer KNOWING the HC doens't expect them back?

When reading NFL people, I try to read them as sales people. They will say what they can to get the market up on their team, player or what not.

By saying they will be back with the Raiders is basically telling other teams if you want Moss/Porter you will have to pay dearly because we are expecting them on our roster, make it worth our while.

B.I.N.G.O.!!!

Both of them will not be in Silver and Black next year... There is no way in hell.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

B.I.N.G.O.!!!

Both of them will not be in Silver and Black next year... There is no way in hell.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even tho i wanted moss this is a good thing ... at least we wont have a cancer in the team

You wanted Moss even though you thought him to be a cancer? Thats odd to me. I understand wanting him and not believing he IS a cancer, but...your way surprises me.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
B.I.N.G.O.!!!

Porter and Moss will both be Raiders unless someone offers the farm for Moss (which I don't see happening). Porter has recommitted to the team, Kiffin has had productive talks with Moss and from what I understand both players will be Raiders next season because Kiffin wants them to be.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Porter and Moss will both be Raiders unless someone offers the farm for Moss (which I don't see happening). Porter has recommitted to the team, Kiffin has had productive talks with Moss and from what I understand both players will be Raiders next season because Kiffin wants them to be.

I can see where you are coming from Celtic.

However, because he is changing his number and Say's he is going to give it a shot does not mean IMHO that he will be around. It is my opinion that Al Davis is still running this team and one does not **** off Al Davis, and Porter pissed off Al Davis last year.

That is a fact and just ask Marcus Allen.

I hope your are right and Al has given the kid head coach the ability to mend and build a relationship with Porter but I am gun shy on that.

Raider Pride.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:
Even tho i wanted moss this is a good thing ... at least we wont have a cancer in the team

You wanted Moss even though you thought him to be a cancer? Thats odd to me. I understand wanting him and not believing he IS a cancer, but...your way surprises me.

well i do want his talent not his attitude ... it be amazing if he comes performs 2 years and leaves withouth any problemes ... but i wouldnt want him to do what he did in oakland or min...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Moss if the price is right but there is still a part of me that fears he may still act like he did in Oakland. If we do or don't get him im happy its not like he is the only good WR the could possibly be out there in free agency and the draft

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:

I can see where you are coming from Celtic.

However, because he is changing his number and Say's he is going to give it a shot does not mean IMHO that he will be around. It is my opinion that Al Davis is still running this team and one does not **** off Al Davis, and Porter pissed off Al Davis last year.

That is a fact and just ask Marcus Allen.

I hope your are right and Al has given the kid head coach the ability to mend and build a relationship with Porter but I am gun shy on that.

Raider Pride.

You're a Raider fan from way back. I am one from 1980. Tell me right now when you ever saw Al Davis sell anything for 3 cents on the dollar.

He packaged Doug Jolley and a pick to get into the first round to draft Fabian Washington

He got a 2nd and a 3rd for Philip Buchanon, one of the worst starting CBs in football.

He got 2 1sts, and 2 2nds for a coach for Christs sake ;)

Al isn't selling Randy Moss or Porter cheap. If Al is mad at him, he will bench him and ruin his career. If he thinks he can help him win, he will be on the field. If someone gives him value (which they wont) he will be traded.

Come on RP, you know Al Davis, and you know he isn't selling cheap. He would rather sit you for 4 years than let you go for less than he thinks you are worth.

Members online

Latest posts