1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lane Kiffin says...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NDPackerFan, Feb 24, 2007.

1. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Randy Moss and Jerry Porter will be returning to the Oakland Raiders next season. I just heard this on NFL Network about 10 minutes ago.

I don't really know how to feel about it either as it was intriguing that Moss might have landed in Green Bay. It would have made a huge impact to say the least - only problem is, nobody knows for sure if the impact would be positive or negative.

2. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Even tho i wanted moss this is a good thing ... at least we wont have a cancer in the team ... im sure jennings going to step up this year ... will find another jennings in the draft ... nothing to worry about

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    If he were to say he didn't expect either to be back with the Raiders don't you think that'd lower the trade deal other teams would offer KNOWING the HC doens't expect them back?

When reading NFL people, I try to read them as sales people. They will say what they can to get the market up on their team, player or what not.

By saying they will be back with the Raiders is basically telling other teams if you want Moss/Porter you will have to pay dearly because we are expecting them on our roster, make it worth our while.

4. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    By saying that both will be on the Raiders next season, it basically means they value their talent and look forward to their contributions in a Raider uniform in 2007...

I would think that if the Raiders were seriously shopping either player, much of this news would be nonexistant because the Raiders are notoriously quiet about their dealings...much of this "Moss trade" stuff is media fodder imo.

5. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    B.I.N.G.O.!!!

Both of them will not be in Silver and Black next year... There is no way in hell.

6. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    B.I.N.G.O.!!!

Both of them will not be in Silver and Black next year... There is no way in hell.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You wanted Moss even though you thought him to be a cancer? Thats odd to me. I understand wanting him and not believing he IS a cancer, but...your way surprises me.

8. celticraider

celticraider Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Porter and Moss will both be Raiders unless someone offers the farm for Moss (which I don't see happening). Porter has recommitted to the team, Kiffin has had productive talks with Moss and from what I understand both players will be Raiders next season because Kiffin wants them to be.

9. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Didn't TT last year say that Javon Walker wasn't going anywhere?

10. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

11. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well i do want his talent not his attitude ... it be amazing if he comes performs 2 years and leaves withouth any problemes ... but i wouldnt want him to do what he did in oakland or min...

12. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I never heard him say that...anyone else? I could be mistaken.

13. Chevelle2

Chevelle2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ya. TT did say that. I remember, being pissed when i heard it too.

14. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I want Moss if the price is right but there is still a part of me that fears he may still act like he did in Oakland. If we do or don't get him im happy its not like he is the only good WR the could possibly be out there in free agency and the draft

15. celticraider

celticraider Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0