Kuhn wants to keep his options open for free agency

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alot of people think he will be resigned but I think he will get a better offer somewhere else

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
alot of people think he will be resigned but I think he will get a better offer somewhere else

I tend to agree with this statement, we have an interesting RB situation, and although it would be horrible to see him go, he is a great option to have but no essential, last year was a freak season that drove his worth up.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've done some work for John Kuhn, have an autographed mini-poster from him this spring.
I should hit his dad up for some info, but he really really wants to stay with the Packers, but of course this is the one time in his life he can maximize his finances. There won't be a big market for him, but the success of fellow White Rhino Peyton Hillis might create an extra opportunity for himself. That could lead to him fleeing Green Bay. But I doubt anyone else will give him a chance.... Peyton Hillis beat the "system." I don't see it opening up more doors.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn was more of a "folk hero" type player than a guy any defensive coordinator really made any plans for. I wouldn't thing there would be a huge market for a guy with his skill set. I expect to see him in Green and Gold next year but with the huge committee of RBs coming into camp this year i wouldnt be surprised if he didnt end up elsewhere

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Kuhn a lot myself, but in reality I think he might be gone. He's not nearly as talented as Peyton Hillis, let's be realistic here. I was relieved in the playoffs when they started using Starks in short yardage situations. Kuhn had a lot of nice plays, yes, but he's not the best RB in the world. He's also not the best FB on the team either, and a lot of teams only carry one.

He was a nice story this year and I love rooting for the guy, but I'd much rather hand it off to Ryan Grant or James Starks 100% of the time. It would also be nice to keep B-Jax if possible because he's a heck of a 3rd down back.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a nice story this year and I love rooting for the guy, but I'd much rather hand it off to Ryan Grant or James Starks 100% of the time. It would also be nice to keep B-Jax if possible because he's a heck of a 3rd down back.
Agreed, i'd like to squeeze one more year or so out of B Jax so we can see what we got out of Alex Green who can hopefully prove to be a more explosive play-maker out of the backfield on more than just 3rd downs

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, i'd like to squeeze one more year or so out of B Jax so we can see what we got out of Alex Green who can hopefully prove to be a more explosive play-maker out of the backfield on more than just 3rd downs

Brandon Jackson is a free agent. We will not be tagging him. The learning curve is not nearly as steep for RBs as it is the rest, so green should see the field at some point.

VBJunkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slaughter25
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Brandon Jackson is a free agent. We will not be tagging him. The learning curve is not nearly as steep for RBs as it is the rest, so green should see the field at some point.

I mostly agree. Starks was just fine as a rookie.

However... Starks job was to run the ball. He wasn't that great in pass protection.

65% of Jackson's job is pass protection... that means keeping Rodgers upright and uninjured. I don't want a rookie doing that job unless he's already shown he's top notch at it (college and training camp).

So I'm for keeping Jackson around for a year until Green has PROVEN he can do the job. I'm not much for Change and Hope in this aspect.*

*Not much for Hope and Change either.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slaughter25
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I mostly agree. Starks was just fine as a rookie.

However... Starks job was to run the ball. He wasn't that great in pass protection.

65% of Jackson's job is pass protection... that means keeping Rodgers upright and uninjured. I don't want a rookie doing that job unless he's already shown he's top notch at it (college and training camp).

So I'm for keeping Jackson around for a year until Green has PROVEN he can do the job. I'm not much for Change and Hope in this aspect.*

*Not much for Hope and Change either.

I dont think we could sign him for anything less than 3 years. I cant imagine him signing a 1 year deal for pass protection. I would like him back though, I was one of his constant defenders.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason, I find his use in 1 yard line situations. Somehow our team ended up there a lot. His engine to rumble in makes every fan savor. Sad to see him go and Brandon Jackson as well. They were perfect matches for our system. All up to TT now.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He won't sign anywhere else for fear that he'll get blown up by Clay Matthews!

Also, I don't know how he does so well in short yard situations b/c in all honesty... after contact, he doesn't get much penetration. He somehow squirms his way to the 1st down.

Latest posts