1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kuhn Resigned

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Ace, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
  2. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
    The deal is expected to be just over $1M FWIW

3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,677
    Deal expected to be worth a little more than $1 million with signing, roster and workout bonuses. Absolutely fine with that.

4. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +362
  5. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    Agreed. ...and this just proves what some of us have been saying about the guy. Good hard working guy and all that.... but "just a guy". Nobody was going to pay him big bucks like some suggested. I'm glad he's wrapped up.

6. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
  7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Im fine with it, I think he helps the younger backs with the offense and blitz pick ups.

8. Einstein McFly

Einstein McFly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +235
    Great! I wonder if they'll have someone else "learning from him" on the roster or what. It seems like they're well served by having a guy like this on the roster, so I'm kinda surprised it's only for 1 year, but whatever. I'll take it. Nice to know that we'll have good blitz pickup whether any of the tailbacks can figure it out or not.

9. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    The name of this thread is misleading :p
    Thought that Kuhn's days in the NFL were over for a second!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,563
    A little over a $1 mil? It's hard to argue with that.

11. bubba

bubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    What a waste of cash! What is this running back number 7? Hope 1 of them can play safety or middle linebacker. We did not need to resign this guy. What are we going to do with all these running backs?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
    You're kidding right?

13. bubba

bubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    Why do we need him? Do you want him to get the ball on third and one or do you want to give it to Lacy. We have a min wage FB to lead the way if necessary. I just don't get all the love for Kuhn.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
    He's a good blocker and it cost next to nothing I don't see the problem.

15. bubba

bubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    A million dollars is next to nothing? We have to resign Cobb,Jordy and Balaga next year. This guy throws one block in one game and people think we need to resign him. This is the salary cap era we need to prioritize are signings and to me this is a signing that was not needed. Lacy is a beast and he will be a 3 down back next year. Look I have been a Packer fan for 40 years. I am not against Kuhn I just think the money could have been spent in an area of bigger need. Every dollar counts now.

16. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,470
    Sigh, some people only see the flashy players.

Kuhn is our best pass protector, a core special teamer, and a leader in the locker room. He's a FB, not a RB as you seem to be thinking. Here is a good set of quotes about him:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10722397/john-kuhn-green-bay-packers-re-signs
    If anything, this signing might tell you more about Lacy's pass blocking than anything, not that's bad, but not what you need on 3rd and long when you've got an elite QB slinging the ball.

17. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
    Correct and Kuhn will not longer be under contract come next year. Lacy will be a 3 down back next year with Kuhn leading the way. What does being a Packer fan for 40 years have to do with anything? Does that mean you don't understand good signings of core players for peanuts?

Who is available that you would you have used this money on then? Wouldn't using this money and signing someone outside of the organization hamper the re-signing of Cobb, Jordy, and Bulaga as well (which the Kuhn signing will not do BTW)?

18. bubba

bubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    Not going to comment anymore after this. Lets just say I disagree with the resigning and I hope since it has occurred he will be a valuable part of our team this year.

19. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
    Of the moves that TT has made this year, this is the one you chose to disagree with? SMH. He cannot win no matter what he does.

20. bubba

bubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    One more comment Ace. I have lived to watch the likes of Scott Hunter Jerry tagge John Hadle Jim Delgazo Carlos Brown Randy Wright Scott Brunner Chuck Fusina Jim Zorn Rich Campbell and the horrible decade of the 70's. Things are good now and I just want to make sure they stay that way.

21. bubba

bubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    I think TT has done a good job this offseason. I just think this was a move that was not needed.

22. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
    And I can respect that but this signing does absolutely nothing to jeopardize the future.

23. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +311
    Good. Im glad hes back.

24. bubba

bubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    We are all on the same team here buddy. Lets just say we agree to disagree on this signing and hope it works out well.

25. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
    Fair enough