Kevin King & Quentin Rollins

H

HardRightEdge

A lot of wishful thinking here. I did like King's tackling, but I'm not convinced he is ready to go against the likes of Atlanta. The kid looks green to me.
No wishful thinking here. I was prepared to dislike his game. I was not crazy about the draft pick. For a rookie first time out he comported himself well. Getting stiff armed on that early TD jaunt was his worst moment, not the long ball. Then again, the whole first team left their tackling in the locker room. Afterward, some "instruction" was probably offered on the sidelines. We have to see what happens against a good QB with his first line receivers. Since those guys don't play much in preseason that probably means waiting for the regular season to pass judgement.

So, in summary, what I saw was better than I expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of wishful thinking here. I did like King's tackling, but I'm not convinced he is ready to go against the likes of Atlanta. The kid looks green to me.
Well yeah, he's green, he's a rookie. There's a learning curve on becoming an NFL cornerback. There's a saying that you learn best by failing, so that's how I see these games. I'm optimistic that he will be good at some point, but who knows when that point might be? Right now he needs experience.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tackling was horrendous, if the player is green or not that is something that guys learn and practice from pop warner on, really don't understand how poor tackling has become the trademark of dom capers' defense, time to get back to the basics instead of his "highly complex" defense that has failed us so miserably time after time. It's not just king and Rollins I would have to rate the entire defense as below average in tackling how many missed tackles and complete whiffs do we have to suffer through? Is it not considered to be cool or in style to wrap up the ball carrier anymore these days? Good lord it ****** me off to watch that crappy display of tackling. Get off my lawn!!

H

HardRightEdge

Tackling was horrendous, if the player is green or not that is something that guys learn and practice from pop warner on, really don't understand how poor tackling has become the trademark of dom capers' defense, time to get back to the basics instead of his "highly complex" defense that has failed us so miserably time after time. It's not just king and Rollins I would have to rate the entire defense as below average in tackling how many missed tackles and complete whiffs do we have to suffer through? Is it not considered to be cool or in style to wrap up the ball carrier anymore these days? Good lord it ****** me off to watch that crappy display of tackling. Get off my lawn!!
Yeah. These Capers defenses go through bouts of bad tackling then clean it up as the season wears on. This defense will never be confused with the more physical defenses. I do expect speed, pursuit and second effort from this bunch.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Vets are saving it for the regular season; the young guys are thinking their way through stuff. It's early.

The "get off my lawn" was funny.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all the freakout about the defense vs. the Eagles, there was only 9 points allowed and 4 forced turnovers.

The defense played extremely well overall.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
For all the freakout about the defense vs. the Eagles, there was only 9 points allowed and 4 forced turnovers.

The defense played extremely well overall.
Really. I feel like I've stumbled onto an Eagles forum. Wonder how they feel getting beat by 15 to a flock of backups.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was nice to see some turnovers again. When they're not creating turnovers, you know that Capers' defense isn't working right.

Members online

Latest posts