Kevin King DNP

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King missed his second consecutive practice with a quad injury suffered in the Falcons game. Per the article below, he is less likely to play in the Bucs game. I was definitely one of those folks rooting for King to shake his injury history and break out this season. He hasn't exactly broken out and is injured again. I'm starting to lose faith but am still hopefull.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...g-misses-practice-for-second-consecutive-day/

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Packers are perilously thin at cornerback. This is a bigger problem than wide receiver, though it's received far less attention.

Alexander has become an elite player. Kevin King and Chandon Sullivan are serviceable. But Josh Jackson just hasn't figured it out. Hollman may play over him. The latter is an exceptional talent, so I suppose there's hope that he could outperform his draft pedigree.

I would venture to say that a trade for a corner would help the Packers more this season than a trade for a receiver.

But it's really hard to find a good trade candidate at CB. Maybe William Jackson if he's not in the Bengal's future plans?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barring King returning to health and staying that way the rest of the season, and raising his level of play at least a notch, I think that the decision of who to keep and who to let go of our free agents next season, especially in regards to King, is getting a lot easier.

H

HardRightEdge

King went out at halftime against Atlanta. Jackson took 28 snaps, Holman 12 in that game.

Continuing a trend from his rookie year Jackson got flagged for that PI against Ridley. Penalties appear to be one reason that's been keeping him off the field. Otherwise he was targeted twice for completions of 16 and 6 yards, not bad.

So far this season on a scant 17 snaps he's been targetted 3 times, no completions with 2 passes defended. I believe both of those PDs can in Atlanta's last series in garbage time, good coverage, but nothing that mattered in very long yardage .

If I had to guess they'll go with Jackson based on experience. I wouldn't be too sure Hollman wouldn't be the better option. Alternatively, they could play Sullivan on the perimeter and use a lot of 3-4 safety groupings in nickel and dime if Greene is not otherwise occupied at ILB.

Members online

Latest posts