Kevin Burnett calls Goodell a liar.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
In a way he's right, yet I think the players are acting like babies here.

I believe the NFL goes beyond limits on what players can do outside football. I have a bad view on the NBA's players, but those guys are free to do what ever they wish during the off season. Here in the NFL you can get fined for anything they don't like outside the game.

They make more money in one year, than I probably will make in a life time. Yeah I'm poor.

The rule changes are destroying the game, while the big ego and 'I can't make more than enough money' players are destroying it too with greed.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep talking and keep tossing trash...you would think that the NFL would have learned from the MLB strike years ago. People got tired of the millionaires telling the billionaires how poor they were....fans were disgusted by the whole thing and many ( like me) never watched another game.

When Lombardi was on his deathbed in 1970, and the NFL was on strike, he warned ANYONE who would listen to" not put your livelihood into the hands of a bunch of 21 year olds..."

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Well Burnett has got his point. As he is speaking for the players. And that despite the players acting like babies, still Burnett does have a point. For someone that isn't known for speaking his mind. He is just speaking for the players.

Goodell on the other hand, seems to be siding with the owners. In a letter he has sent out for the 1,800 players that went out yesterday or today.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Burnett has got his point. As he is speaking for the players. And that despite the players acting like babies, still Burnett does have a point. For someone that isn't known for speaking his mind. He is just speaking for the players.

Goodell on the other hand, seems to be siding with the owners. In a letter he has sent out for the 1,800 players that went out yesterday or today.

Goodell represents the league, which is funded by the owners. I mean, he *was* hired by the owners, so of course he is looking out for their interests, same as De Smith was hired by the players to look out for their interests.

And to be honest, the comments lately by the players have really turned public support against them. Adrian Peterson and Rashrd Mendenhall likening playing in the NFL to "Modern Day Slavery" yesterday and and Kevin Mawae's comments today about players not being able to afford COBRA for their families, when they A) knew to be prepared and save their money in case of a lockout and B) are making 6 figure salaries at a minimum, are making it really hard to support them in anything. Especially when the players walked away from lifetime health care coverage.

Sorry, but the players lost my support. Sign the damn deal and get back to work.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has already turned ugly. I'm sure most players believe what he said but have enough self control to keep words inside their mouths. That might come back to haunt him.

Members online

Latest posts