Kampman, KGB and Super Mario

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some have speculated that the signing of Aaron Kampman may have the Packers looking in a different direction than Mario Williams in the draft. The name that seems to be bantered around most is Haloti Ngata. I am wondering.....we all know TT likes to wheel and deal in the draft, and he certainly wants more picks than we currently have so............

How about we select Marion Williams, as is widely speculated everywhere, and trade KGB away for a late first rounder and maybe more. He is a liability against the run, and his sack totals have been down as of late....but I am sure he has plenty of value in some GM's eyes.

If we do so, Kampman and Mario, both stout against the run, could play both right and left sides (something that cannot be done with KGB) to achieve the best matchups possible.

Other players that may be traded prior to or during thr draft??

P.S. Heard Hawkins has bulked up to 190 - 195 and is looking real good.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Haloti Ngata is worth our 1st round pick, he hasn't been himself after his injury, and he also looked very slow and lazy off the snapcount in his bowlgame. I would rather see us trading down to get Huff if we don't get Mario Williams.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs....many people are now speculating that Williams, based on his combine will go to the Jets or maybe even the Saints.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I know...but when push comes to shove and there are 2 or possibly 3 quality QB prospects staring you in the face, and you are a team in need of a QB, it is hard to pass up. That **** can haunt you for years, especially two teams with such a need to upgrade the position and prepare for the future.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is gone...I wouldn't mind moving down a few spaces and picking up Hawk or that beast from Maryland that plays tight end. I think we can get a second round pick to move from 5 to 8-10 if a QB is still on the board.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. There is so much talent available the first day I would be happy to trade, down provided the compensation warrants it.

Vernon Davis is a name that has begun to be thrown around in the same breath as the Packers. He is a pretty amazing specimen...and he would surely get an aging QB drooling to throw the ball...visions of Keith Jackson dancing in his head.

Still, I think we go defense with the first pick, whatever it may be.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope that Mario will be there when we are picking (and I don't think it's too far-fetched). NO needs a QB and it doesn't look like Brees is going to end up there (going to Miami I think) and it also would appear that Leinart or Cutler is the next best thing. Tenn will take Ferguson and I still say the Jets take Cutler or Leinart if either is available leaving us the ability to take Mario. The real wildcard IMO is Tenn because McNair is a walking injury (though tough as hell) and they'll need a replacement eventually which could cause them to take either of Leinart or Cutler, in which case the Jets would likely take Williams.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Some have speculated that the signing of Aaron Kampman may have the Packers looking in a different direction than Mario Williams in the draft. The name that seems to be bantered around most is Haloti Ngata. I am wondering.....we all know TT likes to wheel and deal in the draft, and he certainly wants more picks than we currently have so............

How about we select Marion Williams, as is widely speculated everywhere, and trade KGB away for a late first rounder and maybe more. He is a liability against the run, and his sack totals have been down as of late....but I am sure he has plenty of value in some GM's eyes.

If we do so, Kampman and Mario, both stout against the run, could play both right and left sides (something that cannot be done with KGB) to achieve the best matchups possible.

Other players that may be traded prior to or during thr draft??

P.S. Heard Hawkins has bulked up to 190 - 195 and is looking real good.

ehhh big problem with your trade. KGB is only worth about a 4th rounder and that's all that we'd get for him.

I think Green Bay is going to take Mario Williams if he's there no matter what. If not AJ Hawk is probably the pick. KGB is probably gone at this time next year. Whether it's a trade or being released.

Members online

Latest posts