K ROB back with Pack!!! I'm all for it!

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear that K Rob will be back in GB this sunday and this time i dont think he is leaving....The dude is good, knows the offense, and lit the vikes starters up in practice on the regular and will fill our void on KR..which would help the offense start off from the 35 to 45 yd line instead of the 15 to 20. All naysayers will be welcoming him with open arms when he does the Lambo leap about 6-10 times this yr, thats for sure.....K ROb, need a ride from the airport on sun?????

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is eligible to play and doesn't get thrown in jail and doesn't relapse at all then this would be good. That is a very tall order though.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I want proof of this and if he can stay out of trouble...hey why not

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the packers have wanted to sign Koren from the very beginning. However if they wait until after the first game, they can still release him if it doesn't pan out. cause if they would have signed him before week one they wouldn't be able to terminate his contract until the end of the year. this way TT can cover his own butt if he doesn't pan out. I'm guessing if he comes to town on sunday than he will probably be wit the green and gold by tues. and i for one will welcome his presence.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I wouldn't go so far as to say the Packers should be like the Bengals and have half of our roster currently under indictment, if a player like Robinson can come in and help us win games without jeopardizing the lives of residents in the Green Bay area, bring him in and give him a shot. After tomorrow he'll only be signed & payed on a weekly basis anyway. I'd rather have him as a returner than our other starters.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy is going to be suspended and is facing jail time on multiple violations in multiple states. You are looking at a temporary situation at best until the slow STEEL WHEELS of justice catch up with the guy. After Sunday's game he is not owed an entire season of salary.

On the other hand it is bad psychology for the team.

1) The team is a desperate loser that will sign anybody.
2) Locker room disruptions and unreliable guys are part of the team.
3) Purple slime is not only tolerated but welcomed.
4) At least one of the 4 WR's on the team is not good enough to be on the game day roster of 45.
5) Working with Favre is not important.

There are other minor issues. The Packers who are there survived training camp together and are a team. Bringing in an unreliable outsider of questionable moral fiber dismantles the team unity and team mentality so important when starting the season.

It is a bad idea.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF the NFL allows him to play, then I'm all for bringing him in. If not then I don't see the point. I saw a week or two ago that NFL Network mention Green Bay was "monitoring" the situation. That probably means they were asking a lot of questions about IF he can play this year.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, here's the thing. Remember when Leonard Little got his 2nd DUI after he killed someone behind the wheel? That happened in pre-season, and he ended up getting suspended for a year. But not until after the season was over, because the wheels of justice sometimes turn very slowly in the NFL.

A similar situation could happen for Koren Robinson. It's quite likely that he'll be available for the entire 2005-2006 season. I'm sure Thompson has done his homework on this. Signing him could be a sign that TT thinks the Packers could make a legit contention for the playoffs.

There's also the human element to this. TT has some investment in Koren given their relationship pre-draft, with the Seahawks. I think Thompson is really heavily invested in trying to get this kid back on the right track. I actually quite respect that. I know many of you will rip the Packers for not bringing in a "Packer Person". I would be willing to wager that Koren Robinson is a guy who could become just that with the right guidance. I don't think he's a "bad guy", neither does Thompson.

If we do sign him, let's give him a chance.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd take him. but that's a narrow road to walk. i hate players like that (players that kick *** on the field butt **** everything up off the field, and end up breaking your heart.) he's a great player, that much is for sure.

OP
OP
P

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, i doubt he will be suspended, the league will probably go for it, but it will be appealed....more than likely, his charges are going to be dismissed, disregard what the media has clouded us with, if not all, moreso the DUI will be and seattle issue prob wont take place until after the season if at all...so again...im welcome the Pro Bowler and lets kick tail!!!!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing about Koren is even though he lests teams down off the field from what I've watched of him he at leasts has never hurt a team on the field or in the dressing room. That to me is the main thing that he doesn't come in here and hurt the team. The off the field stuff is his problem

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the appeals and whatnot, are the chances pretty good that he can play a full season this year? I haven't much about this....

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rather than being a "cancer" in the locker room, I've read that he was well liked at Minny. "easy to get along with..." etc. I hope that he WILL be in GB Sunday, sign a contract in the evening, and be in uniform on Monday. He could be a difference maker, certainly on STs. I would be extremely disappointed in TT (I've been a big backer) if he doesn't make this low-risk, high payoff deal. This is as close to a no-brainer as you can find.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah he wasnt a problem in the locker room or on the field

its the second he left the facilities...

he needs a chaperone like the miss america contestents.

(someone call Kramer)

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:cry: Sad day! But if TT puts a clause in the signing deal that K Rob behaves or else the door catches him immediately in the a**, I suppose he'd be an upgrade for our WR's corps. Who gets the axe to let him play?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
David Martin should be expendable. Why he is still on the team, I don't know.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
Rather than being a "cancer" in the locker room, I've read that he was well liked at Minny. "easy to get along with..." etc.

Well at least it sounds like he is a happy drunk. I hate those people that get two beers in them and start complaining and picking fights with everyone. :wink:

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure why everyone keeps ignoring the immediate jail time hanging over his head.

The Judge in Washington who sentenced him to 1 year in jail and then commuted it to probation has ordered him to appear for a revocation hearing.

You cannot appeal a revocation, and he does not need to be found guilty of anything. Simply being arrested in a parole violation. And we all know his arrest was a doosy. DUI, Fleeing officers, resisting arrest, driving in excess of 105 MPH, driving without a license (after suspension)...

This is not just about the multiple charges in MN or the NFL suspending him -- he is likely to do jail time this season.

It is also about trying to save this young man's life. It would be irresponsible to sign him at this point for many reasons -- some of them mentioned earlier in this thread.

OP
OP
P

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
With the appeals and whatnot, are the chances pretty good that he can play a full season this year? I haven't much about this....

With the appeals, he would be able to play the season bc more than likely his lawyer will have things pushed till the offseason and the league cant make judgment on that until...so yea, he will play this season....the packers wouldnt invest in him otherwise...thats just good biz sense

OP
OP
P

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
I am not sure why everyone keeps ignoring the immediate jail time hanging over his head.

The Judge in Washington who sentenced him to 1 year in jail and then commuted it to probation has ordered him to appear for a revocation hearing.

You cannot appeal a revocation, and he does not need to be found guilty of anything. Simply being arrested in a parole violation. And we all know his arrest was a doosy. DUI, Fleeing officers, resisting arrest, driving in excess of 105 MPH, driving without a license (after suspension)...

This is not just about the multiple charges in MN or the NFL suspending him -- he is likely to do jail time this season.

It is also about trying to save this young man's life. It would be irresponsible to sign him at this point for many reasons -- some of them mentioned earlier in this thread.

And im sure his lawyer in seattle would have that issue pushed back as well or otherwise the packers wouldnt make a move..im more than sure they have talked with all his lawyers and the NFL lawyers as well...thats just a common sense biz move for the packers so why do we keep saying he is immediately going to jail....im sure there are loop holes to have it pushed back, have a judge removed, ya da ya da...sun is almost here and the jury will be out as to whether we really need him...he's a helluva person and teammate, you never heard anything bad about koren the football player....

Members online

Latest posts