1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

K ROB back with Pack!!! I'm all for it!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packerman, Sep 9, 2006.

1. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    your positiveness just oozes from you, trommy!! :wink:

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    dont sass me, shouldnt you be cluckin to trucker bob?!

anyway, i think if we get k-rob after week 1, its safer for the organization or something. I dont know the rules, and dont pretend to.

3. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    roflmao!!! i just felt the need to tweak your nips for some reason tonite.

let's see how the first game goes before we make any decisions on k-rob. that's what i'd do but, then again...i'm no 'paid professional'!!! :)

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :doh:

5. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    you.love.it

6. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How come Trom gets to get his Nips Tweaked. Maybe I'll have to start sassing you :wink:

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Koren doesn't have court until October in which by that time Will Blackmon should be healthy enough to take over return duties.

Koren could be signed for ultimately a temp fix for the return game until Will Blackmon comes back. Hopefully if that's the plan Blackmon can be a stud returner for us.

The appeal process (which there will be an appeal if the NFL aims to ban him for a year) is quite lengthy and if the NFL initiates its 1 year ban he could in fact get the entire season completed before the ban is to in place.

It would be in Koren's best interest to sign with a team. Be on his SUPERIOR best behavior and I mean superior. Like doing a shiot load of community service. Maybe even commercials against drunk driving. Although ppl will probably dismiss it as him being a full fledged ******* hypocrite.

If those were done plus some he could get the judge to perhaps go lightly on him and make him serve only six months in jail/prison with a huge fine and loads of community service work as well as being committed to AA programs.

Personally. I really do not like drunk drivers at all. I know alcoholism as a disease and how it can consume you. It's difficult to conquer.

Everyone has their own life an story and its different than most can imagine. I jus can't think of any excuse for drinking then driving even though some ignorant ppl think that 'everyone' has done it. If everyone robbed the closest bank to their home that doesnt mean robbing a bank is right or excusable. It means ppl collectively are weak, lazy and pathetic.

I just don't know on this. I guess for the sake of the team. Make him do many public appearances stating his alcoholism problem, admitting he has a problem, that he's getting help on a consistent basis and he is 100% dedicated to beating his disease.

I guess I mainly hope if the Packers sign him he does very well for us, but I don't want him to go unpunished for his actions.

8. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, you cannot push back a revocation hearing -- it is something you have already been convicted of.

Further, this is not a two, three or four time trouble with the law it is far more serious than that.

In an October 2004 article in the Tacoma News Tribune, Mike Sando reported on Robinson’s past troubles:

“A search of public records revealed 21 cases implicating Robinson for various misdeeds, including four allegations of negligent driving since 2003. The records show repeated failures to appear in court, cases

In July 2005, Robinson arrived at Kirkland (Wash.) Municipal Court to serve a one-day sentence for a May 2005 DUI stop that he pled guilty to. In exchange for that plea, Robinson’s blood-alcohol levels (two .191 tests, over three times the legal limit in Washington) were stricken from the record, and a reckless driving charge was dropped.

However, when Robinson arrived to serve his one-day sentence (one year with 364 days suspended), two police officers said that they smelled alcohol on Robinson’s breath.

None of this includes any of his lengthy juvenile record.

Koren is a walking time bomb that is going to explode. As someone who had his 11 year old nephew killed by a drunk driver in a hit and run, I cannot believe that you all are willing to say "screw it we need a kick returner so let's ignore the record and all of the multitude of warning signs.

I wonder if you all will feel so flip if he kills a member of your family?

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Zero said "If everyone robbed the closest bank to their home that doesnt mean robbing a bank is right or excusable. It means ppl collectively are weak, lazy and pathetic."

(There goes my plan to knock over the Grafton State Bank!!!) :lol:

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Revocation is something I know very well. The previous information is incorrect.
    Revocation from prohibation is excuted by the judge, or the PO or the supervised individual. It's a judgement decision regardless of the stipulation.

When I was on prob. there were certain things that if I did I was automatically revoked and would get the full sentance. I broke two of them and was given the OPTION to revoke myself or continue prob. after the jail time the PO gave me.

Keep in mind, I had a flawless record before the incident that put me on prob. That very well could have played a role in the leniency.

Bottom line. As I outlined in my lengthy post earlier. It could be possible to retain him. He could play atleast four games for us as a returner and thats all we may need if Blackmon comes back healthy an capable.

Lets stop trying to make more out of this than there really is.

11. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NO Zero, Lets stop trying to make LESS out of this than there really is.

I am too lazy to sort through this and rewrite it as a response to you, but below is my response to a very solid poster over at Packer Chatters -- I believe most of it is appropriate for this thread too.

12. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey, you live in Grafton? I'm from near there too.
    Hammer

13. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bruce,

I never realized his problems went this far back. This does complicate the situation. I hope all the right decisions are made in the best interests of everybody before he steps on the field. I hope he gets the help and support he needs !!!

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Sadly I am far to lazy to read all that nor do I really care to. Nothing personal. But I know what I know.

He's not a Packer. Enough said.

The reason I'm too lazy is its LESS THAN 60 MINUTES TIL KICKOFF~!!!+!()@&*)RJLDFKASJFL;KASJD FL;KASJD F;LKASJDFL;KAJSDF ASDJFL;ASJDLFKAJKSDL;FJLK woohooo

15. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, the Packers were dumb enough to do it.

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm about 6 miles from Grafton!

17. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
  18. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packers Agree To Terms With WR Koren Robinson

posted 09/11/2006

Adding depth to their receiving corps and kicking game, the Green Bay Packers Monday agreed to terms with veteran Koren Robinson. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the agreement.

Robinson, a 6-foot-1, 205-pound wide receiver out of North Carolina State, has worked professionally with several individuals currently in the Packers organization, including Thompson.

The sixth-year veteran earned Pro Bowl recognition for the Vikings last season, when he led the NFC and ranked fifth in the league in kickoff returns (26.0 avg., 47 returns, 1,221 yards). In a 24-21 road triumph against the Giants (Nov. 13), he returned a kickoff 86 yards for a touchdown.

Originally selected by Seattle in the first round (ninth overall) of the 2001 NFL Draft, Robinson played his first four years with the Seahawks before signing as a free agent with Minnesota on the eve of the 2005 season. In 71 NFL games, including 57 starts, he has 235 receptions for 3,514 yards (15.0 avg.) and 13 touchdowns. Robinson also has 21 career carries for 114 yards (5.4 avg.) and one TD.

19. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers have not announced who they fired to add this guy to the roster.

20. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    NFL just spended Robinson for the year....j/k...but really there is a great chance that can happen...anyways im suprised he signed with gb after yesterday, but maybe that is the only option he had left.

21. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    He has court in october. Depending on what happens there he can appeal the suspension by the NFL as long as hes ... umm you know not in locked up lol

Even if he's gone in October, we should have Blackmon back by then who hopefully can be a spark on the returns