Just Retired LB Junior Seau Coming Back ?!?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jim Trotter, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports retired LB Junior Seau is expected to fly to New England Thursday, Aug. 17, according to two league sources. If things go well with the New England Patriots, he could be signed by the end of the week. Seau is expected to play middle linebacker with the team.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey its a smart move. Seau is a very verbal leader and brings experience to the Locker Room.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Doesn't he have to sit out till the following year before he can be signed by another team other than the team he retired from?

After further review, I found out that is not the case.
I don't know what gave me that idea but it seems that a rule like that would make sense.
What would keep Barnett from retiring from the Packers to get out of Green Bay (hypothetical) for whatever reason and hook up with a better team next week?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you have remaining time on your contract, I believe you have to fulfill that in order to move to another team.....ala Barry Sanders.

Noisey Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if the team you are with can wave your contract or something if I remember corectly the Packers Gave Reggie Permishon to go to the Panthers Not sure though :shock:

Members online

Latest posts