Just binged watched

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

All three of the Planet of the Apes movies in bed while waiting for pain meds to kick in. Great movies. Andy Serkis is something exceptional.

OP
OP
I

Rehab is the worst part but I played golf in 10 weeks. Good luck.
Sadly I had to sell my clubs as it appears I`m developing Rhumatoid arthritis too in all the flaming joints, still I`m high as a kite with the painkillers.......lmao, AND my wife keeps me supplied with coffee and sometimes beer.
Watched Glory, Gettysburg and Gods and Generals this morning. As I used to be a re-enactor myself years ago, it was good.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Man o' livin' Bill, hoping the best for you. On the flip side ... you DO get to be stoned for a while. ;) Hey, take care of yourself, bubz.

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only suggestion is to judge your rehab progress based on what your doctor and Physical Therapist tell you, not on the experiences of others who had the surgery. Some have had great results quickly and it's easy to get depressed if you don't have the same results. Whatever the timetable, if your doc and PT say your are progressing well, accept that happily.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long have you been dealing with RA?

hope things calm down soon

OP
OP
I

How long have you been dealing with RA?

hope things calm down soon

Only really noticed it in the last six months with shoulder and elbows to be honest. Thanks everybody for your comments....even your Lambeau....lol

OP
OP
I

all kidding aside, blame HER for it LOL

No mate, that`s just the pain in the neck and ear ache. I can`t blame her for everything....lol
Man o' livin' Bill, hoping the best for you. On the flip side ... you DO get to be stoned for a while. ;) Hey, take care of yourself, bubz.

Hey mate, maybe in two years time, with superior technologies from my friends I`ll get some help. Always better late than never....;)

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No mate, that`s just the pain in the neck and ear ache. I can`t blame her for everything....lol

Hey mate, maybe in two years time, with superior technologies from my friends I`ll get some help. Always better late than never....;)
don't forget to change her passwords for her...lol. according to my 19 year old son we will all become super humans by the year 2030...lol

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly I had to sell my clubs as it appears I`m developing Rhumatoid arthritis too in all the flaming joints, still I`m high as a kite with the painkillers.......lmao, AND my wife keeps me supplied with coffee and sometimes beer.
Watched Glory, Gettysburg and Gods and Generals this morning. As I used to be a re-enactor myself years ago, it was good.
I have a set of golf clubs I bought 25+ years ago, used twice, and ended up unable to play golf since then. I'm giving them to one of my Sons. He can use them. I battle some pain myself. I take pain pills for that. My back and hips are bad enough that I can't sleep more than 3 or 4 hours at a time.

That hip replacement could be a blessing for you. I'm rooting for you. Get well!

OP
OP
I

I have a set of golf clubs I bought 25+ years ago, used twice, and ended up unable to play golf since then. I'm giving them to one of my Sons. He can use them. I battle some pain myself. I take pain pills for that. My back and hips are bad enough that I can't sleep more than 3 or 4 hours at a time.

That hip replacement could be a blessing for you. I'm rooting for you. Get well!
Thanks mate. You too ;). On the plus side like you I get maybe 3 or 4 hours sleep but I can watch the TV undisturbed at 2.30 in the morning....lol My cat keeps me company.

OP
OP
I

Just watched all four Pink Panther movies after some years. Peter Sellers was a funny man indeed, but the star for me was Herbert Lom who was known as a serious actor but comic timing was brilliant. I spilled hot coffee all over myself laughing so much.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched all four Pink Panther movies after some years. Peter Sellers was a funny man indeed, but the star for me was Herbert Lom who was known as a serious actor but comic timing was brilliant. I spilled hot coffee all over myself laughing so much.
Good choice! Lom is great in that part. When he acts like he went off his nut was amazing. I can only imagine how they went about shooting scenes, with Sellers going off script, making up words, and pronunciation as they went along.

Years ago I saw a compilation of outtakes from the Pink Panther. Sellers drove them bonkers!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good choice! Lom is great in that part. When he acts like he went off his nut was amazing. I can only imagine how they went about shooting scenes, with Sellers going off script, making up words, and pronunciation as they went along.

Years ago I saw a compilation of outtakes from the Pink Panther. Sellers drove them bonkers!
I don't know if you were aware of this, but Buggy Bill, who raises the largest cockroaches in the entire UK, spent most of his career working in the Ministry of Silly Walks. He'll have to confirm this, but I think he was rose to the #2 spot in their ranks.

If you check in the UK Government registry, you'll find his name right next to Thomas Crapper, who we all know invented a certain "convenience."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts