just a reminder that the packers can be good.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just wanted to remind everyone that the packers season is not over. many of you guys are acting like that. so i decided to post last weeks video made by tromadz.

if the packers play well and dont nake mistakes hear is how they can play.

the main reason why i thought the packers lost was because the turnovers really brought down the confidence(spelling) of the team.

and alot of us need to see this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HIAP5jShbmA

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please also keep in mind that Atlanta pulled their starters way before Green Bay pulled theirs. Favre threw 2 less passes then all 4 Atlanta QB's combined. Below are some stats from that game. It's easy to have a good game when your starters play into the 3rd quarter and the opposing team pulls theirs after one quarter. No matter how you slice it the Packers are the worst team in the division, possibly one of the worst in the NFL.

Atlanta Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
M. Schaub 5/9 61 6.8 0 1
M. Vick 5/7 59 8.4 1 1
B. Randall 2/3 23 7.7 0 1
D. Shockley 1/5 10 2.0 0 0
Team 13/24 153 5.6 1 3
Green Bay Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
B. Favre 16/22 134 6.1 2 0
A. Rodgers 3/6 111 18.5 2 0
Team 19/28 245 8.2 4 0

Atlanta Rushing
CAR YDS AVG TD LG
T. Duckett 5 37 7.4 0 23
M. Jackson 7 20 2.9 0 11
J. Norwood 8 19 2.4 0 5
D. Shockley 2 14 7.0 0 11
M. Vick 1 12 12.0 0 12
J. Griffith 2 6 3.0 0 8
M. Schaub 1 3 3.0 0 3
Team 26 111 4.3 0 23
Green Bay Rushing
CAR YDS AVG TD LG
A. Beach 9 50 5.6 0 19
N. Davenport 11 29 2.6 0 6
N. Herron 7 23 3.3 0 10
D. Driver 1 19 19.0 0 19
A. Rodgers 1 5 5.0 0 5
B. Favre 1 0 0.0 0 0
Team 30 126 4.2 0 19

Atlanta Receiving
REC YDS AVG TD LG
R. White 2 32 16.0 0 19
D. Blakely 3 31 10.3 1 22
J. Pathon 1 27 27.0 0 27
M. Jenkins 3 24 8.0 0 15
J. Randall 1 12 12.0 0 12
K. Youngblood 1 11 11.0 0 11
A. Jennings 1 10 10.0 0 10
J. Norwood 1 6 6.0 0 6
Team 13 153 11.8 1 27
Green Bay Receiving
REC YDS AVG TD LG
G. Jennings 3 115 38.3 1 85
D. Driver 7 91 13.0 0 16
R. Ferguson 2 21 10.5 0 14
B. Franks 2 8 4.0 1 5
N. Davenport 2 5 2.5 1 5
N. Herron 1 4 4.0 0 4
Z. Alcorn 1 1 1.0 1 1
D. Martin 1 0 0.0 0 0
Team 19 245 12.9 4 85

Atlanta Interceptions
INT YDS TD
Team 0 32 0
Green Bay Interceptions
INT YDS TD
J. Horton 1 44 1
J. Jolly 1 4 0
T. Culver 1 1 0
Team 3 49 1

Atlanta Tackles
TOT SACKS SOLO
D. Williams 8 0 5
J. Webster 5 0 5
I. Reese 5 0 4
J. Beck 4 0 4
E. Hartwell 4 0 3
N. Turnbull 4 0 2
J. Williams 3 0 3
L. Milloy 3 0 2
M. Boley 3 0 2
M. Bozeman 3 0 1
B. Miller 2 0 2
C. Newton 2 0 1
C. Crocker 2 0 1
B. Jamison 2 0 1
-. Team 1 1 1
C. Lavalais 1 1 1
A. Lake 1 1 1
J. Abraham 1 0 1
C. Davis 1 0 1
J. Leake 1 0 1
T. Williams 1 0 1
K. Mathis 1 0 0
P. Kerney 1 0 0
D. Hall 1 0 0
J. Savage 1 0 0
Team 61 3 43
Green Bay Tackles
TOT SACKS SOLO
T. Culver 5 0 5
R. Pickett 5 0 4
N. Collins 4 0 4
A. Carroll 4 1 3
C. Cole 4 0 1
A. Hawk 4 0 1
T. White 3 0 3
C. Williams 3 1 2
M. Montgomery 2 2 2
J. Jolly 2 1 2
C. Woodson 2 0 2
M. Murphy 2 0 2
T. Fontenot 2 0 2
C. Jenkins 2 0 2
J. Hunter 2 0 2
T. Boger 2 0 1
A. Hodge 2 0 1
N. Barnett 2 0 0
A. Harris 1 0 1
J. Horton 1 0 1
R. Manning 1 0 0
Team 55 5 41

Atlanta Kick Returns
NO YDS AVG LG
A. Jennings 2 49 24.5 25
A. Rossum 1 43 43.0 43
J. Norwood 1 25 25.0 25
R. Redd 1 22 22.0 22
C. Morris 1 11 11.0 11
Team 6 150 25.0 43
Green Bay Kick Returns
NO YDS AVG LG
N. Herron 1 20 20.0 20
C. Rodgers 1 16 16.0 16
N. Davenport 1 14 14.0 14
Team 3 50 16.7 20

Atlanta Punt Returns
NO YDS AVG LG
A. Jennings 1 7 7.0 7
Team 1 7 7.0 7
Green Bay Punt Returns
NO YDS AVG LG
C. Rodgers 1 5 5.0 5
Team 1 5 5.0 5

Atlanta Kicking
FG PCT LONG XP PTS
M. Koenen 1/1 100.0 51 0/0 3
T. Yelk 0/0 0.0 -- 1/1 1
Team 1/1 100.0 51 1/1 4
Green Bay Kicking
FG PCT LONG XP PTS
D. Rayner 1/1 100.0 30 5/5 8
Team 1/1 100.0 30 5/5 8

Atlanta Punting
TOT YDS AVG TB -20 LG
M. Koenen 4 153 38.3 0 3 49
Team 4 153 38.3 0 3 49
Green Bay Punting
TOT YDS AVG TB -20 LG
B. Sander 2 93 46.5 1 0 61
J. Ryan 1 42 42.0 0 0 42
Team 3 135 45.0 1 0 61

ATTENDANCE: 69,845

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta pulled Vick early but they played most of they're starters into the 2nd quarter. Schaub got about 2 series with the 1st team. I'd be incline to say Schaub is a better passer than Vick and Vick is just a better play maker. For every Cincy game there is an Atlanta game. That's why is pre season.

Dan Patrick said it best... It's funny how everyone overreacts to a bad game but if someone has a good game they say "it's just pre season"

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Atlanta pulled Vick early but they played most of they're starters into the 2nd quarter. Schaub got about 2 series with the 1st team. I'd be incline to say Schaub is a better passer than Vick and Vick is just a better play maker. For every Cincy game there is an Atlanta game. That's why is pre season.

Dan Patrick said it best... It's funny how everyone overreacts to a bad game but if someone has a good game they say "it's just pre season"

Uhhhhh......yeah, thats what you guys are doing.......thanks

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:

Uhhhhh......yeah, thats what you guys are doing.......thanks

You guys????

Where am I saying anything good about last night other than we have Friday to look forward. I picked apart everyone last night. From Brett Favre to Marquand Manuel. The only player I've stated played well was Al Harris. Would you disagree with that? He covered Johnson like a blanket. Outside of that I've been as harsh as I can on this team and I'm also keeping an open mind that the season hasn't begun yet.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Hmmmm, then whats this comment for?

I was watching NFL Network and I heard about 10 different people state how overused the "it's just pre-season" thing. Players and coaches want to win. You don't belong on an NFL field if you "Don't want to win" everytime you step foot on the field. When you put your starters vs. there starters you are seeing where you stand. GB saw where they stood. Howare they going to get better, I'm honestly curious? Will Woodson all the sudden remember how to tackle? Will Barnett learn to not overpursue everything? Will Manual learn how to move his feet?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In what year do you think they will be good? I'm sorry to say this but it was a pathetic effort by our veteran players. Woodson gave me no feeling of hope. He didn't tackle, he couldn't cover. The linebackers were out of position all night long. You know what? Sometimes you have to blame the player, sometimes you have to say to the coach, is anyone telling this middle linebacker where he's supposed to be? He's the run stuffer. Is anyone telling Woodson, if you can't knock the pass down, at least frickin tackle the guy.

Offensively it is very obvious that they're going to have to look hard to find some guards. I mean maybe Moll and Spitzer in the long run will be ok, but you can't win with them at guard right now.

The defensive line was getting blown off the line all night long. I don't think I've ever seen a team play with such lackluster effort and that's saying a lot because I thought that became the trait of Mike Sherman's teams.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Hmmmm, then whats this comment for?

What was wrong with the comment? I agree with it. A team does bad and they get thrashed apart. Not just the Packers but people are seriously counting out the Redskins now in the NFC East. Carson Palmer does great and Patrick said people inside the studio told him "it's just pre season" The Raiders are 3-0 right now in pre season. You really think they'll win more than 6 games this year? Maybe they can be a suprised but I wouldn't bet on it.

I was watching NFL Network and I heard about 10 different people state how overused the "it's just pre-season" thing. Players and coaches want to win. You don't belong on an NFL field if you "Don't want to win" everytime you step foot on the field. When you put your starters vs. there starters you are seeing where you stand. GB saw where they stood. Howare they going to get better, I'm honestly curious? Will Woodson all the sudden remember how to tackle? Will Barnett learn to not overpursue everything? Will Manual learn how to move his feet?

Colts were 0-8 in preseason before this year and they made the playoffs in both those 0-4 years. Including last year winning 13 in a row.

NFL Network wants people to watch pre season games so they can make their money. Of course they're going to give good pub to the games.

With that said it's an over used word by many people and it's an over exaggerrated game by many. I really could care less whether my team wins or loses in pre season. If GB beats Chicago in week 1, this will be long forgotten.

You don't think they're not going to get better. You think Barnett is going to play like crap this year even though he had a pretty good year last year. You think Woodson is washed up and will give up 2 TD's a game every year. You think Manuel will be crap all year. Green Bay didn't look like they wanted to play last night. Cincy came into last night with a game like atmosphere. Palmer had something to prove and the Bengals looked at it like a game. A lot of the Packer players looked at it like oh well it's just a meaningless game. Charles Woodson for one.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cincy came into last night with a game like atmosphere. Palmer had something to prove and the Bengals looked at it like a game. A lot of the Packer players looked at it like oh well it's just a meaningless game. Charles Woodson for one.

Then we have big time personel problems and problems with the coaching staff.

Yeah they went out and let Cinci kick thier *** and thought "oh well"

I'm glad thats the kind of guys we gave boatloads of money too. Because GB got thier ases kicked doesn't mean Cinci played any harder than them. They just had more talent and were coached better. This is the "latest excuse" for GB's poor performance. The first week it was "SD threw all kinds of blitzes at them"

Accountability is all I ask for.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Cincy came into last night with a game like atmosphere. Palmer had something to prove and the Bengals looked at it like a game. A lot of the Packer players looked at it like oh well it's just a meaningless game. Charles Woodson for one.

Then we have big time personel problems and problems with the coaching staff.

Yeah they went out and let Cinci kick thier *** and thought "oh well"

I'm glad thats the kind of guys we gave boatloads of money too. Because GB got thier ases kicked doesn't mean Cinci played any harder than them. They just had more talent and were coached better. This is the "latest excuse" for GB's poor performance. The first week it was "SD threw all kinds of blitzes at them"

Accountability is all I ask for.

It's not an excuse. It's a FACT. Are you telling me you saw a team that looked like they were into the game. I saw a team that just didn't look ready and yes coaching had something to do with it. I saw players that didn't really look to fired up. It almost looked like they didn't care. I posted in a different thread that I'm back to square 1 with the coaching staff and under Jim Bates this would never of happen. I can't prove that but from what I saw out of Bates last year, he would ask for his guys to go all out non stop. McCarthy and the rest of the team looked like they wanted to get this game over after the 1st 10 points were put up.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all comes down too........NONE of the games for ANY of the teams counted yet.
If they stink in week one, THEN i will worry.
I'm not happy with the way they played, but all in all, it still wouldn't have gave them a win in the regular season had they won.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
It all comes down too........NONE of the games for ANY of the teams counted yet.
If they stink in week one, THEN i will worry.
I'm not happy with the way they played, but all in all, it still wouldn't have gave them a win in the regular season had they won.

Yep I agree with that. Pre season is inconsistent. Look at GB against Atlanta and then look at them a week later. Look at the Redskins who lost 41-0. They have Super Bowl desires. Should they not play this year? It's a pre season game and they got spanked. If they win in Week 1 this will be long forgotten.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Colts were 0-8 in preseason before this year and they made the playoffs in both those 0-4 years. Including last year winning 13 in a row."

You guys don't get it. Nobody said the win/loss record mattered in preseason. It is how the teams play and how prepared they are. If week one and week three don't concern you.....check your pulse! The only game we looked decent was week two when Atlanta didn't play their starters very long and ours went into the third quarter. And we got about 3 or 4 lucky bounces. If you remember, Atlanta drove right down the field with their first team. I couldn't care less about our preseason record but this is the worst I've seen a Packer team play in the preseason. I'm a little concerned, sorry.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
"Colts were 0-8 in preseason before this year and they made the playoffs in both those 0-4 years. Including last year winning 13 in a row."

You guys don't get it. Nobody said the win/loss record mattered in preseason. It is how the teams play and how prepared they are. If week one and week three don't concern you.....check your pulse! The only game we looked decent was week two when Atlanta didn't play their starters very long and ours went into the third quarter. And we got about 3 or 4 lucky bounces. If you remember, Atlanta drove right down the field with their first team. I couldn't care less about our preseason record but this is the worst I've seen a Packer team play in the preseason. I'm a little concerned, sorry.

Atlanta played their starters into the 2nd quarter. Schaub to 2 series with Atlanta's 1st string offense.

Nobody is saying we're not concern. This team looked awful last pre season as well. The Buffalo Bills completely destroyed Green Bay during family night and then in Buffalo for a game. Whether they play like they did last year during the regular season is yet to be seen but who cares let's just start discussions on who we should take with the 1st overall pick while we're in August. That is what overreacting is and that is what is being done. Yes the Packers played bad but should that tear this forum apart where people are arguing about a pre season game and it’s importance?

The fact is this game doesn't count and will be forgotten about after Week 1 whether Green Bay wins or loses.

I said in a different thread that I'm back to square 1 with this coaching staff and so are the Packers. That‘s not meant as an excuse or a compliment. That‘s saying it‘s like we made no progression at all. The Packers played horrible. What do you want us to do. Have a strike in front of Lambeau? The team has a lot of work to do. They have a week in a half to get prepared for Chicago otherwise it's not going to be pretty but guess what a week in a half is still a lot of time to get work done and to get ready.

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can see what you guys are trying to say, in pre season the players are rusty and preseason is just to get the players warmed up.

but the packers still played horrible and their is no excuse for that and it does not matter if its preseason or not.

i do beleave they will be alittle better in the regular season.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky said,
They have a week in a half to get prepared for Chicago otherwise it's not going to be pretty but guess what a week in a half is still a lot of time to get work done and to get ready.

A week and a half is alot of time, Porky?

ummm...not really...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
They have a week in a half to get prepared for Chicago otherwise it's not going to be pretty but guess what a week in a half is still a lot of time to get work done and to get ready.

Having 3 more days to prepare over what the Bears have should be some benefit to us. Hopefully we don't overthink ourselves!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky...I'm done arguing with you. Now I know what everyone means. Damn, you don't read the other guys posts do you? I haven't brought up next years draft. My point was.....nevermind....I've made it on a couple different threads. You just either don't want to hear it or are incapable of following it.

Have a nice evening!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
porky...I'm done arguing with you. Now I know what everyone means. Damn, you don't read the other guys posts do you?

I read more posts on here than probably half of the members. There are a lot of people who don't read posts and there are a lot of people who read what they want to hear and others who overreact. If your having trouble with people like that and I won't mention names but I can think of who, don't bring me upon it.

I wasn't aware you were moving on. I thought it was sarcasm. That's the beauty of a message board. Nobody really knows when someone is serious or joking. I credit you for agreeing to disagree (assuming that’s what your doing)

Have a nice day!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Porky said,

A week and a half is alot of time, Porky?

ummm...not really...

It definitely is. It's not enough time to make the rookies into All Pro players but it's definitely a lot of time to prepare for one team. Study film, run scout O and D. Setup situations. Usually you only get a week to look at most teams although you usually always plan ahead and that's exactly what GB has been doing. They started preparing for the Bears last week.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd agree that a team with returning starters treat Preseason as a tune up. A team with a ton of new players and a lot of rookies and first year players sure as hell won't play that way. They should be fighting for their career. Funny how both of our losses came from Teams that were playing extrordinarily aggressive and/or having something to prove. You don't think that a team with a new Head coach, new OC, new DC, 2 new guards, 2 new LB's, 1 new WR, 1 new SS, 3 new DL, a whole new offensive technique would be playing for something? I find it hard to beleive. I do believe that they were trying hard but flat out sucked. Yes with all these new components we all need to expect this....at least early on. This is the type of team which will take time to get it down, and get their groove on. If this takes until week 7, then we may be in more trouble than I thought.
And for the love of god I'd feel alot better if we played the Colts in 4 straight preseason games :)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cali,
I have to disagree. In the pre-season when teams are not spending a great deal of time in practice on their opponents the more experienced player is going to have an advantage.

Cincy was very aggressive because the early turnovers and 10-0 early score gave them every opportunity to be so. They started coming every play and could afford tighter coverage at the risk of a big play.

With all the chips on the other end of the table I thought the "0" line held up fairly well in pass coverage considering Cincy had thrown caution to the wind early on.

You can't go on the road and give up 10 easy points early. Your opponent will go for the throat every time and it will get ugly.

Especially when guys on defense take the night off. I hope their wives slapped them the second they saw 'em for embarrasing their families like that. If they didn't I hope the "0" line did.

When a defense plays like that the offense becomes raw meat thrown in a tigers den. They will get eaten up whole.

Latest posts