julian

Reaction score
I think Peterson is on the downside of his career. I do not know his stats from last season, but I think he is a step slower, and an unecessary problem since he is represented by the Postons. I'd rather go with Hawk.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year Julian was recovering from an ACL tear I believe. I'd rather have A.J. Hawk too, but we can't have Mario Williams AND A.J. Hawk. This way we get a great LB and "the next Julius Peppers". I also would like to draft Bobby Carpenter (A.J. Hawk's sidekick) if he's available in the early 2nd round. He probably won't slide that far, but there's a possibility I guess.

Reaction score
The thing about Williams is I want to know why he struggled during the first half or so of the college season. He played pathetic by all acounts, and then burst on. I'm not sure thats enough proof of "the next Peppers" for me to take him at #5.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to what i heard..........he played GOOD teams in the first half of the season, and was shut down. Then played crummy teams and did good. Hey.......maybe that WOULD make him good for the Packers........after all, we play the Bears, Lions and Viqueens twice each! All CRUMMY teams! :wink:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope..SF didn't tag him this year but I think they did the previous 2....I believe he's an UFA this season. He'd be a solid pickup and would help the LB corps tremendously. Draft Williams and pick up Julian and you may see the defense in the top 5 next year.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not like to be in TT´s shoes right now,,,, the NFL criteria will be to take Williams, BUT I feel that to be a big risk instead of Going for Hawk and get the safe and sure thing..

If the teams situation was different we could affor to take the risk, but as of today I´d better go with the safe pick and draft Hawk,,,, and I love to take risks but right now IMHO we really cannot aford it.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"safe and sure thing"???? No such thing Chamuko IMO...

I hear what you're saying but Hawk could flop in the NFL just like Williams...it boils down to who is going to make the team ultimately better.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't even begin to compare AJ Hawk to Brian Bosworth.

Bosworth was a guy with a lot of talent, but was only concerned about himself. AJ Hawk is a football player!! Plain and simple, wherever he goes, there is a better chance then not that he will be a guy who improves the defense and becomes a leader.
The more I read, I do think we will take Williams if we don't trade down, although I think Hawk is the better value at #5, this draft is loaded with talented linebackers, The Packers can get one or two really good ones in the later rounds.

We will be needing a run-stopper on the D-line, since it looks like Kampman is all but gone.

Free agency starts at 12:01am Friday, it is certainly going to be interesting this year.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
AJ Hawk is a football player!! Plain and simple, wherever he goes, there is a better chance then not that he will be a guy who improves the defense and becomes a leader.

Buckeye, could the same be said about Williams? Not trying to be a smarta$$, just wondering if you think Williams could prove to be a defensive force and leader for whoever drafts him.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right ND, don't think you're be a s..a..

I did not see Williams play much, so I can only go by what has been posted, I did just read a post from Bruce saying Williams ran a faster 40 than AJ did yesterday, being 50 lbs heavier that is quite impressive.

I don't think we can go wrong either way, I have just seen a lot more of Hawk and know that he is the real deal.

As I said in my earlier post, ther are a number of above average LB's in this years draft(a total of 3 by the way from Ohio State), so although I would love to see AJ Hawk play for The Pack, I'm not going to be dissapointed if we draft Williams.
Again, free agency starts Friday, so by the time the draft cames around, we all will probably have a better idea which direction TT is leaning.