Josh Jacobs- Alabama RB

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Aaron Jones quite a bit. But Rodgers' ability opens up many opportunities in the running game. Jones has had some injury issues, and 1 good RB just doesn't seem like enough these days.

This guy is gooooood. I could see him being like Kamara- low mileage, highly capable, and could be taken later than his talent suggests.

The offense needs more fire power, right now . I personally believe that the young receivers offer much potential, and that a rookie receiver won't offer much more at the time. But a RB which offers top flight ability in the rushing, receiving, pass protecting, and KR game is quite valuable.

I'd seriously consider him at the end of the first. I'd jump in round #2. Has the "it" factor, IMO

What are your thoughts?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Jacobs is a stud. At#30, he'd be great. I don't think that will be an option.

Reaction score
I’d love to have this guy but likely gone before day 2 starts. I could see GB moving from #30 to #25 or so if he’s still hanging around. What a great threat we’d have with him and Aaron Jones in the backfield.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I actually like his teammate Damien Harris better and he will probably be there at 30.

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually like his teammate Damien Harris better and he will probably be there at 30.
Harris seems solid. But he strikes me more as a traditional, complementary type of RB like Lacy. With Rodgers at QB, you need play makers around. Jacobs seems like someone who presents a threat on all 3 downs. Something Rodgers never has had .

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Harris seems solid. But he strikes me more as a traditional, complementary type of RB like Lacy. With Rodgers at QB, you need play makers around. Jacobs seems like someone who presents a threat on all 3 downs. Something Rodgers never has had .

Harris can hit the home run too and is believed to have better vision which is huge in the NFL. I'm not knocking Jacob's at all as I like them both but Harris can do it all(including blocking) and might be gotten later.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

From watching just highlights of the two the thing I notice is harris breaks a lot more long runs than Jacobs does. If my options are Jacobs in the first or Harris in the 2nd/3rd/4th area I take Harris all day

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From watching just highlights of the two the thing I notice is harris breaks a lot more long runs than Jacobs does. If my options are Jacobs in the first or Harris in the 2nd/3rd/4th area I take Harris all day
Jacobs really didn't get many carries.

Harris is really tough to evaluate for me.
In his highlights, he's running through wide open lanes and breaking an occasional arm tackle. Not saying that he couldn't handle tougher scenarios, but you have to consider how Trent Richardson was also successful in similar situations.

Jacobs looks like he has more play making ability and versatility, IMO. Harris seems like a traditional one cut RB, while Jacobs can be used in numerous ways, a la Kamara.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacobs really didn't get many carries.

Harris is really tough to evaluate for me.
In his highlights, he's running through wide open lanes and breaking an occasional arm tackle. Not saying that he couldn't handle tougher scenarios, but you have to consider how Trent Richardson was also successful in similar situations.

Jacobs looks like he has more play making ability and versatility, IMO. Harris seems like a traditional one cut RB, while Jacobs can be used in numerous ways, a la Kamara.

I mean they are playing behind the same line so I suppose that says something about harris' vison compared to Jacobs. But yeah Alabama running backs haven't really panned out. I guess Ingram has been the best and I'm not a fan him really.

Jacobs got 120 carries and 20 catches. While Harris got 30 more carries and 2 more catches. So really they both got about the same number of opportunities.

Jacobs does seem to have more shiftiness and I like how he isn't afraid to run over somebody. I guess in my book I wouldn't want a running back before the 3rd round as I don't think any of them warrant that kind of investment. But I do think they should draft one or sign one in free agency. The Jones Williams duo is nice but it'd be even nicer to have another guy. I'm in favor of a really fast guy because I think you already have your bigger guy in Williams and your combo guy in Jones. Now you need your 4.3 guy

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Jacobs seems like a great prospect but he is too similar to Aaron Jones imo and he would have to be drafted in the first round. With major other needs, this is not something Id be all for. I prefer David Montgomery/Damien Harris in the 2nd or Benny Snell in the 4th

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Jacobs' combination of power, contact balance, and lateral agility reminds me of Alvin Kamara. It's rare to find a player who is equally adept at running you over as he is at making you miss. And he's a plus, plus receiving threat-- he runs downfield routes and can track passes over his shoulder. He's an advanced pass protector, and was actually a super nasty lead blocker for the Tide out of two back sets.

The main weakness to his game is that he's a short strider. When he gets in the clear, he doesn't have the ability to open up his gait and find another gear. So he doesn't really hit home runs. That's something of a double edged sword. His compact frame is what makes him so hard to tackle and so agile in tight quarters, but it's also what prevents him from taking off for 70+ yard gains.

I think he's a stud, but teams will have to weigh for themselves how high to take a back who lacks that homerun speed.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesnt have a lot of wear on those legs. Not sure how that factors into the equation.

He is a player that could go anywhere from pick 5 to 35. I'm thinking he will go 14-20 ish. I'm betting whoever takes him will be very happy.

Members online

Latest posts