Jordy Nelson interview.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest, I'd never seen Pat McAfee before this and now feel I've missed nothing. Jordy was interesting, though.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Rodgers/Nelson back shoulder was a thing of beauty. Jordy will always be one of my favorite players. The guy was just an athlete. He was an all state basketball player and won 4 state championships in four different events his senior year in track and field. The man walked onto K-state and will go down in history as one of the greatest packers receivers of all time. Great interview. Thank you for posting this.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Jordy Nelson was/is my favourite Packer player by far. He came across as such a down to earth guy. No ego whatsoever. James Jones was another.

Taryn Miller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Jordy and Aaron had such a great chemistry on field and yet, Jordy says you need to resend a text constantly to Aaron and wait/hope for a reply, if ever, while saying most texts are one-sided, which says Rodgers, possibly/probably, thinks you of no importance. I think that speaks volumes to the character and the accusations made about Rodgers over the years. I know they laughed it off, but I think they were putting more out there about Rodgers without saying it outright.

Now let us hear from those that will now say Nelson is a disgruntled player in defense of Rodgers.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Jordy and Aaron had such a great chemistry on field and yet, Jordy says you need to resend a text constantly to Aaron and wait/hope for a reply, if ever, while saying most texts are one-sided, which says Rodgers, possibly/probably, thinks you of no importance. I think that speaks volumes to the character and the accusations made about Rodgers over the years. I know they laughed it off, but I think they were putting more out there about Rodgers without saying it outright.

Now let us hear from those that will now say Nelson is a disgruntled player in defense of Rodgers.

Or maybe Rodgers is just bad with text. I love my family and friends to death but I’ve been accused of being a bad texter, many many times and Deservingly so. That conversation wouldn’t have been as light hearted if that wasn’t the case. I think you are reading way to much into this one.

Taryn Miller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or maybe Rodgers is just bad with text. I love my family and friends to death but I’ve been accused of being a bad texter, many many times and Deservingly so. That conversation wouldn’t have been as light hearted if that wasn’t the case. I think you are reading way to much into this one.

Sure, that's it. He's a bad text'er.

Reaction score
Anyone ever think Rodgers might just think
it sucks that GB put Jordy out to pasture? It’s probably something not fun to face losing a great player who’s also a friend. Do we think for one second he’d ignore Jordy text if he signed a 1 year deal? He’d get a call in 39 seconds from Rodgers.

As for Jordy. I love he’s so humble. We can all learn some more of that. I’m really glad he’d enjoying the retired life he’ll always be one of my favorite Packers. I was so mad when I found out we could’ve had him on the cheap. We know now how that strategy clearly did not work. This years WR group is poised to be better, but not enough to hide the incompetence we’ve had behind Davante since letting Jordy, Cobb and Monty go.

Last edited:

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm a disgruntled fan who will defend Rodgers. I think he'll be gone in either 2 or 3 years though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

are you guys talking about the bit around 7 minutes?

some people really read deep into things to see what they want to see LOL

I have friends that reply to about every 10th text and days later, and if it was something I needed them there for, they'd be at my doorstep and dropping everything to help if I needed it. I have about 10 unreplied to texts just from yesterday. My phone goes in the box on the boat and I don't pull it out. My friends know this. None of them think they're unimportant because I didn't respond immediately. the speed at which texts are replied to might be a measure of how people feel about you, but they aren't a measure of friendships or importance everywhere.

H

HardRightEdge

Pat McAfee said he's had the same experience. How many people have Rodgers' number if Pat McAfee has it? Many. Do you know the difference between a work-friend and a friend-friend? You should be able to imagine if a person in Rodgers' position replied to every random shout out he'd end up being one of those hopeless individuals who cannot get their face out of their phone.

Taryn Miller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pat McAfee said he's had the same experience. How many people have Rodgers' number if Pat McAfee has it? Many. Do you know the difference between a work-friend and a friend-friend? You should be able to imagine if a person in Rodgers' position replied to every random shout out he'd end up being one of those hopeless individuals who cannot get their face out of their phone.

How many people have Rodgers number if Pat McAfee has it. I don't know, but I'm sure Rodgers knows who he gave it to, and those that get it otherwise get blocked immediately and the person who gave it away with them. With that, if you give your number to someone, it should be with the promise to respond because they have a place in your life. This isn't Twitter where you just want followers. Did Rodgers post his number somewhere so every *** hat can text him. Did he give his number to so many that he hasn't the time to answer? If he treats his number like a Twitter account, then he's more an *** hat than the *** hats whose texts he ignores. Tweets and texts...different things.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson was/is my favourite Packer player by far. He came across as such a down to earth guy. No ego whatsoever. James Jones was another.
Charles Woodson, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Reggie White, and Bart Sar are my top 5.

H

HardRightEdge

How many people have Rodgers number if Pat McAfee has it. I don't know, but I'm sure Rodgers knows who he gave it to, and those that get it otherwise get blocked immediately and the person who gave it away with them. With that, if you give your number to someone, it should be with the promise to respond because they have a place in your life. This isn't Twitter where you just want followers. Did Rodgers post his number somewhere so every *** hat can text him. Did he give his number to so many that he hasn't the time to answer? If he treats his number like a Twitter account, then he's more an *** hat than the *** hats whose texts he ignores. Tweets and texts...different things.
I now regret having said anything about it.

I

I don`t think Jordy had some hidden agenda by making the comment, he doesn`t come across as a Greg Jennings type of individual. That said, I think maybe a single answer to a text wouldn`t be THAT hard really considering AR wasn`t too happy when they released him. JMHO of course.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell us how you really feel. :D

I

Charles Woodson, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Reggie White, and Bart Sar are my top 5.

Reggie was a little bit before I really became a Packer fan so I`d be dishonest adding him to my list. Woodson and Driver I`ve seen live, and William Henderson and Ahman Green were two others. Bart Starr ? again I never had the honour of seeing him play, but......legend.

Reaction score
As an experiment... I’ve decided to ignore all my friends texts starting this morning. I’ll let ya know if it angers someone.

Update: as of near 8pm Monday, nobodies text me. But if they do? I’m going to surely ignore them! ;)

Members online

Latest posts