1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jones Brings Familiarity With 3-4 Defense

Discussion in 'Official Packers.com News' started by News Bot, Apr 26, 2009.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Apr 18, 2009
    For what the Packers will ask their outside linebackers to do in defensive coordinator Dom Capers' 3-4 scheme, versatility is a good attribute to have, something seventh-round selection Brad Jones feels he can bring to Green Bay.

Jones, who was the No. 218 overall pick, was a three-year starter at outside linebacker at the University of Colorado, making him a good fit for a Packers defense looking to add more competition at that position.

"I was really versatile out there (at Colorado)," Jones said. "There were points that I was in a three-point (stance) rushing the passer. There were times that I was dropping back like I was a safety covering a tight end man-to-man."

Jones posted his finest collegiate numbers during his senior campaign in 2008, registering 78 tackles and a team-leading seven sacks on his way to earning honorable mention All-Big 12 honors from the Associated Press and the league's coaches. He recorded six-or-more tackles in eight gam..