1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

JMike's Injury - From His Perspective - A Must Read

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BorderRivals.com, Oct 29, 2013.

1. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    I'm a man (in my Mike Gundy voice) but this story got me emotional. Take advantage and appreciate the small thing's in life. EVERYDAY

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. North44

North44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +33
    Great article- wishing all the best for JMike! Hoping the stars align and he can play for the Pack again. One observation: his son looks really big for a 5 year old! I'm wondering if he's going to be as tall as his daddy. Of course, he'll probably never play football, but maybe basketball? :tup:

4. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +457
    Very good article. Hopefully he makes it back this year.

5. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    I, too, became emotional upon reading this story! You know? When you witness such a serious injury as this was, from either your seat in the stadium, your sofa at home, barstool at a sports bar, etc., suddenly you just pause and realize just how quickly this game that we dearly love can become so unimportant in the flash of a second. And, yes, I am quoting the same sentence that comes from everyone's mouth, I know, each time such a tragic moment occurs on the field, but as much empathy as I could possibly feel for the player, I cannot even begin to imagine what is going through his mind as he lay motionless on the field; the trauma, fright and the uncertainty of the aftermath. Prayers were answered and God was with Jermichael on that afternoon and continues to bless him and his family.
    Godspeed for a full recovery, JMike :tup:
    p.s....And on a sad and pathetic note: Then we witness the intent to injure a player constantly displayed by this idiot, Merriweather, and hear his comments following the measely one game suspension. I hope his recent words in that presser were "absorbed" intelligently, THIS TIME.....translate: he has indicated, blantanly, that his violent intentions to "head hunt" and cause injury will continue to exist. :mad:

6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    p.s....And on a sad and pathetic note: Then we witness the intent to injure a player constantly displayed by this idiot, Merriweather, and hear his comments following the measely one game suspension. I hope his recent words in that presser were "absorbed" intelligently, THIS TIME.....translate: he has indicated, blantanly, that his violent intentions to "head hunt" and cause injury will continue to exist. :mad:

The NFL's not helping either...as idiotic as he sounded he made one valid point..the NFL is basically going to open the door to guy's getting their knees blown out..Randle Cobb is a perfect example of that. DB's are going to be afraid to get fined and suspended and start targeting knees smh. This could get ugly quickly.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I agree with part of what you are saying. I think most of the NFL players know there is a tackling area between the neck and the knees. Meriweather is just a thug and doesn't get it.

8. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    The NFL's not helping either...as idiotic as he sounded he made one valid point..the NFL is basically going to open the door to guy's getting their knees blown out..Randle Cobb is a perfect example of that. DB's are going to be afraid to get fined and suspended and start targeting knees smh. This could get ugly quickly.[/quote]

Yeah, they're BOTH idiots! It's now pretty much been declared: "OPEN SEASON" on ALL body parts, evidently! The league has gone to hell on a fast track. I'm afraid we all know what it's going to take before the NFL takes action, huh? And that will be a tragic occurance, for sure:mad:

9. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Wonderful article by Finley. It sounds as if he's had good advice, and has the wisdom to listen to it. I wish him the best regardless of what his future holds.

10. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +879
    Thanks for the link. Great read. Thanks to JMike for having it published.

11. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +819
    Moving article, thanks for posting.

12. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I`m glad you said that....lol I was getting a bit chocked reading it too ;). I REALLY look forward to seeing him play again some day. :tup:

13. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,470
    He must not be listening to his agent anymore then

14. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    I was getting a little tired of Finley's schtick for a while...I was ever mindful that when all is said and done, his need in seasons past to hear his own voice, started getting under my skin ... but ... he really was just a kid. Sometimes, we old geezers forget that we popped off as young men too and some old guys were gurgling about us.

Anyway, I was most impressed by his writing style. It surprises me that he can construct a coherent sentence -- something I am not convinced a whole lot NFL players can accomplish.

Still and the same, if Finley chooses to never play another down I will understand. Particularly after seeing the picture of his son sitting beside him. THAT picture puts a lot of things into perspective.

15. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I got the impression he's had a good old father to son conversation with junior and he's put his mind at rest. Very good interview though.

16. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    He got the right attitude.....he be ok.

17. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Great article.... a lot of great points, positive.
    I still have the odds at 95% his season is done, sadly.
    And about 50-50 that he ever plays a down for us again, sadly.
    We just always seem to have bad luck with this ****.

Here's the part that bothers me the most, for some reason, from what he said:
    He said about half of his teammates paid him a visit.
    What about the other half?

The only excuse I can possible kind of accept is fear on their part, of seeing him like that.
    But even that's weak.

18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Huh. They can take off the face mask.
    That's ineresting. I wonder how they did it.

When I saw him on the stretcher heading for the ambulance, I had a bad feeling that it was going to be bad or not a typical injury.

19. BorderRivals.com

Ratings:
    +499
    Or even some on this forum even. :)

20. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Its screwed on at the side mate. If look close up, the screw heads are clearly visable :tup:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    Using the word "even" twice really helped emphasize your point haha.

• Funny Funny x 3
  22. BorderRivals.com

Ratings:
    +499
    SH*T! Didn't see that, which is just perfect!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,470
    Who knows and I really don't think that it's important. If you forced me to guess, I would say it was the offensive half of the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I love your Brits use of the word "mate."

Here in the States our equivalent would be "dude."

25. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Well I would certainly not try to offend you dude.....lol ;) although when it is said with a certain emphasis, it is not meant in a friendly way :D, but certainly in this case it was friendly.

• Friendly Friendly x 1