Jimmy Graham

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we all know how bad we've been in the past against tightends...nothing's changed. We still are pretty bad covering tightends. We don't have a single guy on the roster who can cover this guy l! So I'm expecting to see lots of nickel, and Hyde chasing smh. I think they really need to consider moving Rollins or Randle inside this game. Get a little more speed and quickness in there.

Also If I'm calling the defense I'd probably use Brice more at SS, and use Morgan Burnett as a rover Or spy for Wilson. Ryan is hobbled so he'd be the odd man out this game. The line is really going to have to be disciplined as ever this week.. as they allowed Brock to pick up big yards scrambling. Now you have a qb who is a threat running and you can't let him escape the pocket or he could hurt us bad. Now we have to hope Matthews isn't running himself out of the play like hes been doing. I'm almost subject to say play him in the middle exclusively . He's had ZERO Impact on the outside since hes was come back.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about Graham and what he could do to the Packers this Sunday, not a pretty picture. Although Joe Thomas is playing better than he did last year, I still don't see him as a starter, he seems to be lost on coverage more times then not. Beating a dead horse here, but if the Packers can't learn how to cover the middle of the fields and tackle in space, guys like Graham are going to keep chewing them up.

D

Deleted member 6794

It will for sure be a difficult task to cover Graham but hope that Capers mostly uses Burnett on the Seahawks tight end hopefully limiting his impact on Sunday.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will for sure be a difficult task to cover Graham but hope that Capers mostly uses Burnett on the Seahawks tight end hopefully limiting his impact on Sunday.

Have to rough him up on the line, and not allow those free releases. If I'm Seattle I'm attacking the middle of the Packers defense. It's open more than the 711 corner store. They need to play a a lot of robber imo. Confuse Wilson into thinking the safety is going to be gone...and force him into some mistakes. I can live with them catching passes towards the sideline. At least there you have an extra defender in the sidelines. Football really isn't that hard people.

Sky King

Reaction score
That feature that the broadcasters use to create the blue and yellow lines on the field could use an addition. They could place an X at a spot 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage showing where the other team's TE will be catching the pass. They could also draw a circle 10 yards around it to show where Packer defenders will not be found within.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That feature that the broadcasters use to create the blue and yellow lines on the field could use an addition. They could place an X at a spot 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage showing where the other team's TE will be catching the pass. They could also draw a circle 10 yards around it to show where Packer defenders will not be found within.

I'm tempted to create a dozen accounts just to give this the funny ratings it deserves.

H

HardRightEdge

Yeah, but they can't be cluttering up the screen all of the time. They should save it for 3rd. and 12.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they use a combo of Thomas/Hyde on Graham. My biggest fear is their receiver Kearse beats one of our backup CBs for those plays that change the game. I've noticed Wilson has been looking his way quite often lately.

H

HardRightEdge

My biggest fear is their receiver Kearse beats one of our backup CBs for those plays that change the game. I've noticed Wilson has been looking his way quite often lately.
Perhaps you're alluding to the playoff-ending toss to Kearse in 2014?

Baldwin is the bigger deep threat with 12 catches of 20+ yards. Graham, Kearse and Lockett follow with 7, 6 and 6, respectively. I'd be more worried about Lockett's quickness running through a soft zone that Kearse over the top.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps you're alluding to the playoff-ending toss to Kearse in 2014?

Baldwin is the bigger deep threat with 12 catches of 20+ yards. Graham, Kearse and Lockett follow with 7, 6 and 6, respectively. I'd be more worried about Lockett's quickness running through a soft zone that Kearse over the top.
I dont think Kearse can beat us over the top necessarily, but make the catch make a move or break tackle to deflate our defense in the worst of situations. Is Rawls injured or not injured? I seem to remember hearing something about a concussion?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers are going to have to get pressure on Wilson and also not let him beat us with his feet, if they don't it may be a long day/night.

H

HardRightEdge

Is Rawls injured or not injured? I seem to remember hearing something about a concussion?
Some concussions get a guy ruled out, some don't.

In the first half Rawls ran for 103 yards on 11 carries. After being cleared in the concussion protocol, he went 5 yards on 4 carries.

So, you tell me.

Will he be right on Sunday? We'll find out then I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

I think they use a combo of Thomas/Hyde on Graham. My biggest fear is their receiver Kearse beats one of our backup CBs for those plays that change the game. I've noticed Wilson has been looking his way quite often lately.

I´m more worried about Baldwin and Graham as Kearse has had trouble catching the ball all season. In addition I´m confident either Rollins or Gunter are capable of covering him.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Graham has gotten more comfortable this year, and he and Wilson are developing a chemistry.
Coupled with the Packers complete inability to cover TE's or the middle of the field, could be a long day.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Baldwin & Lockett's speed will kill GB on the outside while Graham in the middle will need serious attention. Best option is to collapse the pocket from the outside while hoping/praying Daniels gets some penetration up the middle. GB DB's have no counter to their receivers if Wilson has time :(.

Members online

Latest posts