Jerry Kramer's thoughts on getting Randy Moss

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a clip of Jerry Kramer (Packer player from the 60's) on the TV news last night, and they asked him his opinion on going after Randy Moss. He said "The only way i would say the Packers should sign Randy Moss is.............if Terrel Owens is not available." Then he laughed! He went on to state how Moss hasn't been the same player he saw in Minnesota.
I myself haven't seen Moss play since he left Minny.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter were throwing him the ball when they were not throwing it to the opposition. I think he could fit in well...he just weants a shot with a QB who can get him the ball.

My guess, and I have said it before, if we sign Moss it is my guess that Favre has already committed to the Packers for 2 more years and it is being kept hush-hush.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Digs.......i think it might be the fact that he DIDN'T have anyone good to get the ball to him. That tends to get Randy to not play up to his full ability.
I can't really judge it well, as i didn't see his play for myself. I still think he has it in him to be good, IF he really wants to be.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's put it this way, cheesey. TT has done a great job of bringing in talent that also appears to posses good character....an essential ingredient when throwing around the dough that these guys command!

If he gives the Moss deal the green light, I trust he has done his homework and has confidence Moss can come in and help, but more importantly be a good team guy. Plus, having #4 around helps a lot as Moss respects him immensely.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's put it this way, cheesey. TT has done a great job of bringing in talent that also appears to posses good character....an essential ingredient when throwing around the dough that these guys command!

If he gives the Moss deal the green light, I trust he has done his homework and has confidence Moss can come in and help, but more importantly be a good team guy. Plus, having #4 around helps a lot as Moss respects him immensely.
I agree Digs! Maybe thats why this is taking as long as it is. Maybe they want to be SURE this is gonna work BEFORE signing the contract.
Good business in my view.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:packbeer: Why you guys want Moss on this team is beyond me. Wherever he's been, he's been a cancer or malcontent. I definitely do not see him fitting in with the GB Packers. I don't care how good a player can be. The question remains does he give it his all, all the time and the answer for Moss is: Hell NO!

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me.....i'm kind of on the fence. I REALLY don't know if it will be a good or bad move. Yes, he hasn't been a model citizen where he has played, but look where he HAS played. Minnesota, where they have constant on and off field problems, and Oakland. Not exactly the best places to shine.
Maybe if he did come here, he would show his true talent.
Look at Andre Rison........everyone said how much trouble HE would be, and were crying when the Packers were gonna sign him. He turned out to be a model citizen his short time here, and helped us win the Super Bowl.
I really think the Packers will do their homework on this, and if it's NOT in the best interest of the team, Moss won't be here.
I trust their judgement.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:packbeer: Why you guys want Moss on this team is beyond me. Wherever he's been, he's been a cancer or malcontent. I definitely do not see him fitting in with the GB Packers. I don't care how good a player can be. The question remains does he give it his all, all the time and the answer for Moss is: Hell NO!

Since Moss has been in the league he's been to 2 NFC Title Games and the Packers have been to none. At one time or another he had to be doing pretty good. If not the what have the Pack been doing for that last decade?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Moss was a cancer and a terrible team mate... AND washed up... i dont think he would still demand a first round pick.

traded to oakland for a high first rounder and a LBer.
now hes being shopped for a first rounder. apparently somebody must want him.

basically, people who dont want him are the people who got their feelings hurt by him mooning the crowd.
and its been said a million times now. after Moss's first TD catch... "what mooning incident"???

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my 2 cents - i can't stand moss. it literally makes me want to vomit thinking about him playing for green bay. having said that, if he's what it takes to get us into the playoffs & to the SB, then so be it...i guess. ;)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If we bring Moss in here, I personally never want Ted & Company to utter the words, we only want to bring in Packer people again. Moss is a me first give me the ball type, and if you watched last year gives two squats about his team or teammates. I really don't care how you dice it up, didn't like the coach, sick of losing or whatever else crawled up his behind; he quit on his teammates and the team the last two years.

We don't need a quitter on this team in any way shape or form. Just my opinion and I could give a hoot less whether he mooned us or whatever else he has ever done here. He lacks a winning attitude period.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we bring Moss in here, I personally never want Ted & Company to utter the words, we only want to bring in Packer people again.

They never did define Packer people to the public. Unless I'm mistaken but I don't remember them saying Packer people are "classy" guys.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter were throwing him the ball when they were not throwing it to the opposition. I think he could fit in well...he just weants a shot with a QB who can get him the ball.

My guess, and I have said it before, if we sign Moss it is my guess that Favre has already committed to the Packers for 2 more years and it is being kept hush-hush.

I agree with you..... we need somebody that can stretch the field now that we have no big time RB!!!!

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: So it's **** on principal and loyalty and team cohesion; if he gets us to the play-offs it's alright with Packer fans? Not me! I want palyers like Henderson and Green on the team I root for. Not some mal-content a**hole!!!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allow me to make this clear. I am pissed at Moss. He quit on the Raiders, and he quit on a an organization with a great tradition of winning.

However, I think he was in the wrong bowl of soup in Oakland. It is true the team was in turmoil and he did not have an O Line that would give any QB the time to get him the ball, and when QB's did have the time they did not get him the ball.

That said... It is still no excuse to quit. However, I have to say I feel he still has some serious petro in the tank and I think The Packers (Because Of Brett.) would be a good fit for him and he would be a very good pick up.

The Packers should sign Randy just to make things even with the Raiders.

The Raiders signed Ted "Kick Em In The Head" Hendricks when you gave up on him. And the packers loss was one of the greatest Raider gains.

Perhaps the Packers can pick up Moss when Randy gave up on the Raiders, and Brett can bring out the best of him.

Brett wants Randy... Brett has lobbied for Randy. I say give Brett what he wants, because if Brett feels he can get that much out of him to want him, then that is good enough for me as a NFC Packer Fan.

Raider Pride

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but i don't think we gave up on "The Stork". I think he wanted out (Maybe someone else on here can say for sure) I think GB didn't want to pay him enough. He was GOOD!
And I agree RP.......if Brett thinks he can get Moss to be good, then i would trust Favre's position. I don't think he would lobby for Moss if he thought it would screw up the team.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Allow me to make this clear. I am pissed at Moss. He quit on the Raiders, and he quit on a an organization with a great tradition of winning.

However, I think he was in the wrong bowl of soup in Oakland. It is true the team was in turmoil and he did not have an O Line that would give any QB the time to get him the ball, and when QB's did have the time they did not get him the ball.

That said... It is still no excuse to quit. However, I have to say I feel he still has some serious petro in the tank and I think The Packers (Because Of Brett.) would be a good fit for him and he would be a very good pick up.

The Packers should sign Randy just to make things even with the Raiders.

The Raiders signed Ted "Kick Em In The Head" Hendricks when you gave up on him. And the packers loss was one of the greatest Raider gains.

Perhaps the Packers can pick up Moss when Randy gave up on the Raiders, and Brett can bring out the best of him.

Brett wants Randy... Brett has lobbied for Randy. I say give Brett what he wants, because if Brett feels he can get that much out of him to want him, then that is good enough for me as a NFC Packer Fan.

Raider Pride

I agree Brett knows football more than any of us... If he feels moss will help I'll take his word over any one elses OPINIONS any day

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but i don't think we gave up on "The Stork". I think he wanted out (Maybe someone else on here can say for sure) I think GB didn't want to pay him enough. He was GOOD!
And I agree RP.......if Brett thinks he can get Moss to be good, then i would trust Favre's position. I don't think he would lobby for Moss if he thought it would screw up the team.

Cheesey, It was not about money... He was a LIMITED FREE AGENT. He played one year for the Packers and had 5 interceptions and get this... SEVEN blocked kicks. Al Davis wanted him and gave the Packer's TWO First Round Picks for him.

What I do not know is who the Packers drafted with those TWO first round picks? Bruce might Know? Does anyone know who the Packers drafted with those Two First Rounders from Al Davis?

Raider Pride.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of good arguments on both sides of the question. Now, IF I knew that GB was indeed interested in Moss I would become more involved. But all we have is conjecture and guesswork by people out of the loop. Not a one talking about this is in a position to really know. It makes for lots of typing and arguing that may be 180 degrees out. ****** believed that if a lie was repeated often enough, people would believe it. I appreciate the "story" because it gives us something to chew on now. But there may be NOTHING to it at all.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
If we bring Moss in here, I personally never want Ted & Company to utter the words, we only want to bring in Packer people again.

They never did define Packer people to the public. Unless I'm mistaken but I don't remember them saying Packer people are "classy" guys.

January 13th, 2006 - Green Bay Press Gaz
Mike McCarthy's mission statement "The foundation for the new direction of the Green Bay Packers will be constructed with three key components of obtaining Packer people, creating a stable structure and concentrating on character and chemistry. "A positive environment will be created with leadership that keeps its eye on the target of establishing a championship football team.

Moss fits into ZERO of the three:) I would have put more but I am not buying the article.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of good arguments on both sides of the question. Now, IF I knew that GB was indeed interested in Moss I would become more involved. But all we have is conjecture and guesswork by people out of the loop. Not a one talking about this is in a position to really know. It makes for lots of typing and arguing that may be 180 degrees out. ****** believed that if a lie was repeated often enough, people would believe it. I appreciate the "story" because it gives us something to chew on now. But there may be NOTHING to it at all.

WTMJ out of Milwaukee reporting its in the works..

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Cheesey, It was not about money... He was a LIMITED FREE AGENT. He played one year for the Packers and had 5 interceptions and get this... SEVEN blocked kicks. Al Davis wanted him and gave the Packer's TWO First Round Picks for him.

What I do not know is who the Packers drafted with those TWO first round picks? Bruce might Know? Does anyone know who the Packers drafted with those Two First Rounders from Al Davis?

Raider Pride.

The Packers got ONE 1st round draft pick from Oakland for Hendricks.
With Pick 1b in the 1976 draft they selected Mark Koncar, a tackle from Colorado.
The Packers own choice 1a number 8 overall went to the Rams for John Hadl.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
cheesey said:

Raider Pride.

The Packers got ONE 1st round draft pick from Oakland for Hendricks.
With Pick 1b in the 1976 draft they selected Mark Koncar, a tackle from Colorado.
The Packers own choice 1a number 8 overall went to the Rams for John Hadl.

Correction: The Packers did get TWO 1st round picks, theiir #1 in the 76 draft and their #1 in the 77 draft.
With the Raiders pick in the 77 draft at 1b they selected Ezra Johnson, defensive end.
With their own pick 1a the Packers selected Mike Butler also a D-End.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride posted--"The Raiders signed Ted "Kick Em In The Head" Hendricks when you gave up on him. And the packers loss was one of the greatest Raider gains."

The Great LB Ted" The Stork" Hendricks came to Green Bay in trade with the Baltimore Colts in 1974 for the Packer's LB Tom McLeod and a couple of draft choices. Ted only played for the Packers in 1974 which was his option year on his contract. In the 1975, He signed a huge contract for that time ($100,000 ?) with Oakland Raiders. The Packers being one of the poorest teams in NFL at the time, could not even dream to match the amount Al Davis of the Raiders paid Ted Hendricks.

I don't know where Raider pride got his information concerning Ted Hendricks but he is "dead wrong" in his post on this topic of Ted Hendricks.

The Packers would have loved to have signed Ted He ndricks in 1975. Prior to coming to the Packers in 1974 Hendricks was a great linebacker for Baltimore Colts, who didn't want to pay the money Ted wanted to sign a new contract with Colts , so Colts traded him to the Packers in his option year . The Packers hoped to sign Ted to a new contract in 1975, but Al Davis of Oakland Raiders step in and out bid the Packers and signed Hendricks. In 1974 Ted Hendricks step in and played left LB 14 games for the Packers and blocked 7 kicks as a "Special teamer" for the packers. .

The Packers received no draft choice compensatition for Ted Hendricks from the Raiders, since Hendricks played out his option year and had no contract with the Packers. There was no limited free agency in 1975. There was no free agency of any kind in NFL until 1993, when "competitive balance" with free agency and salary cap was established.

So it was really all about money in NFL, even in 1975 as it still is 2007!!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what happened to don't complaine don't explaine

if randy moss was such a great HOF WR he should be able to catch a ball from any QB.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts