Jerry Kramer's thoughts on getting Randy Moss

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know where Raider pride got his information concerning Ted Hendricks but he is "dead wrong" in his post on this topic of Ted Hendricks.

The Packers received no draft choice compensatition for Ted Hendricks from the Raiders, since Hendricks played out his option year and had no contract with the Packers. There was no limited free agency in 1975. There was no free agency of any kind in NFL until 1993, when "competitive balance" with free agency and salary cap was established.

So it was really all about money in NFL, even in 1975 as it still is 2007!!

http://www.packers.com/history/record_book/draft/1st_round/

48. 1b 23 Koncar, Mark T 1976 Colorado
(from Oakland Raiders for Ted Hendricks)

51. 1b 28 Johnson, Ezra DE 1977 Morris Brown
(from Oakland Raiders as compensation for Ted Hendricks)

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what happened to don't complaine don't explaine

if randy moss was such a great HOF WR he should be able to catch a ball from any QB.
Yes......IF the QB can get the ball to him.
If you put a great WR on a team with a lousy QB, i don't care how great he is, he can't catch passes that never get to him in the first place.
Favre can get the ball to him.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss hasnt showed hes a "great" player in Oakland, but then again if he was playing with Brett Favre you never know what could happen, they might be a great team together. I hope Moss does come to Green Bay IMO...

I havent liked what Moss has done in the past, but you know it takes two to tango, maybe the situation in Minnesota wasnt good between him and Duante. Could be lots of reasons that we dont know about.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:jumpflame: As I said; we'll take any crap that rolls down the hill to us if it will get us to the big game! Getting Moss will only demean all those Packers that always gave it their all; and generally a slap in the face of any player that believes he owes it to the fans and the organization to play the game as it was meant to be played. As a player we always opened the gates on a character like Moss.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have read all of the quotes attributed to the"What did GB get for Hendricks in 75". I think Yooperfan had the correct answer in that GB received 2 1st round draft choices and GB hit on one Ezra Johnson and missed on Mark Concar! Johnson was a great pass rusher!!
Another poster stated that there was no FA that is correct, but there was also no movement w\o compensation; thus the 2 1st rounders.
Pack88

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's bound to grab some passes anyway, no QB in the NFL is that poor.
I agree, and he DID grab some. With Favre, i think he could grab alot! And......it would take away pressure from Driver!

Members online

Latest posts