1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jenkins to have breakout season

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by fvre4mvp, Aug 8, 2007.

1. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In the latest SI they list 5 players to have breakout seasons. One of the 5 is Cullen Jenkins. They go on to say how Jenkins took KGB's starting spot with no hope of him getting it back. They also say that what they saw tc so far that he has quickness and some great spin moves. I mark my calender with X's everyday until that magical sunday september 9.

2. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They will share time ... probably put KGB on 3rd downs where the other teams chances of passing the ball are more then running it ... considering his fast

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's reasonable to have Jenkins up there.

He's got great strength at the DE position, and above average speed/quickness that can make him a killer DE.

I think mentally, Jenkins is relishing having some security and knowing he doesn't have to fight for his life just to make the cut. He can take more chances and be more aggressive in practice, knowing if he gets burned it won't cost him everything.

Hopefully the same can be said of his play during the season. He's someone whose worked his way on to the team, and then worked his way in to a starting spot, so you can't help but hope the dude does well.

4. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When KGB goes in on passing downs, Jenkins will move to DT.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i agree billv.

6. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    KGB is very fast on passing downs. Since Jenkins is better against the run, its a perfect situation for us. PLUS we have Kampman. We got 3 Great DE's :)

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I respectfully disagree.

That would mean that Jenkins is on the field quite a bit, which I don't think the coaches want to do (i.e. overwork any 1 player).

On obvious passing downs, I think Jenkins is replaced by KGB, and the DT's are Corey Williams and John Jolly.

8. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    If, in fact, Jenkins has a break out year and the defensive backfield improves like it seems to be doing we should be a top 10 and maybe top five defense.

Jenkins playing large and a 2nd DB stepping up and we kick butt.