Jeff Faine has Packers interest

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Young and pretty good center from Cleveland that is looking to move after they signed Buckley. He is getting interest from Philly and GB according to Redzone.com and he sure would help us. Need to make a serious run at this guy TT !!!

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't he have a injury history??

I would love to have the guy (haven't had a first round talent on the line since...) but wondering if had an injury bug last year?

We would probably have to give up between a 3rd - 5th round pick for him. All really depends on whether you would rather have a guy that you picked instead of someone elses. I think someone like Setterstrom (guard) or Eslinger(Center), both from Univ of Minnesota, would be available at the 3rd-5th rounds so instead of Faine, go with one of them instead (reminder that both ran a zone-blocking in school). Same goes for Fred Matua from USC.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd...I see you are from South Bend.....student?

I agree, we should get him. Philly will make a big push. They just missed out on Bentley.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChuckSTG said:

I would love to have the guy (haven't had a first round talent on the line since...) but wondering if had an injury bug last year?

We would probably have to give up between a 3rd - 5th round pick for him. All really depends on whether you would rather have a guy that you picked instead of someone elses. I think someone like Setterstrom (guard) or Eslinger(Center), both from Univ of Minnesota, would be available at the 3rd-5th rounds so instead of Faine, go with one of them instead (reminder that both ran a zone-blocking in school). Same goes for Fred Matua from USC.

I wrestled against Eslinger in high school. he kicked my ***. I also played football against him in high schoo. again, he kicked my ***.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
ChuckSTG said:

I wrestled against Eslinger in high school. he kicked my ***. I also played football against him in high schoo. again, he kicked my ***.

Damn....that's a lot of *** kicking. Why not say you won? We would never know the difference :lol: at least in wrestling.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd be afraid eslinger would find out, then come looking for me. and there's a SLIGHT chance he could kick more *** now than he could in high school, coupled with the fact that i kick less *** now than i did back then.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Former 1st round pick I believe. Would be a great pickup and then we could move Wells to OG. Then the line would be an upgrade from last year. Though it's fun to speculate. We have to get him first.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
um...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
@ people who think O-line positions are interchangeable. You people have obviously never played football or have no grasp on reality. Even moving one postition to the right/left on the line is a slow, difficult process that requires a lot of hard work and time. Get real.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
um...
@ people who think O-line positions are interchangeable. You people have obviously never played football or have no grasp on reality. Even moving one postition to the right/left on the line is a slow, difficult process that requires a lot of hard work and time. Get real.

um....porky makes a good point. Wells has played guard before!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
um...

It can be done tho, given a guys mental ability and drive, look at Mike Wahle...

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
krd005 said:
DePack said:
krd...I see you are from South Bend.....student?

No, born here and came back to God's country after college LOL

I have a daughter there now. Touch her, and I'll kill ya'! :twisted: :twisted:

You're assuming I haven't already.........lol Kidding. I'm too old for that although????????Spring is right around the corner!

Does she take you out on the town when you visit?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we shoud get this guy We dont need really have to move Scott Wells, and packers.com has him listed as both a gaurd and center, but it is a possibility if we have to move him we can and if we re-sign Grey Ruegamer, also listed as a gaurd and center we can put him at gaurd, which we already have. Then in the draft we can maybe pick up Max Jean-Gilles a 6-4 340 pound gaurd from Georgia, in the second round if he is still around at that time then our line we be pretty good.It is going to take time from them to become great, because for that to happen the same 5 offensive lineman have to work together for a while.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What wells needs is consistency at a position. He needs to not be moved around every damn week like Sherman did.

I like wells, and think he can do a solid job if they would just give him a position to hold down, and do his job.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
DePack said:
um....porky makes a good point. Wells has played guard before!
I stand by my original post.

Tausher and Clifton have played TAckles. No worries.

Barry and Wells have played guard before. Barry did in college. Wells did last year.

Faine has played center his whole career.

Not saying it's the best line in the league but it's a much better lineup than Tausher/Whittaker/Flanigan/Wells or Klemm/Clifton

younger and better in my opinion.

remember these are professional football players. Not High School football players who can't make the transition. :wink:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with what i heard, with tauscher possibly moving to RG, I think it could look like this:

Clifton/Wells/Faine/Barry/Tauscher (at this time, march 29)

(Flanagan is gone, did you make a name error? it happens)

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
remember these are professional football players. Not High School football players who can't make the transition. :wink:
Obviously you still have no grasp on reality. I would argue that high school players could make an easier transition from position to position because they are still new to the sport, thus having a wider range of abilities. Then you have the professional o-linemen who have been playing the same position for all of college, most of hs, and years in the pros. Tell me how that is an easy transition.

Again you are showing your ignorance when you imply that the O-line positions are interchangeable. Again I say they are not. Blocking assignments are completely different; blocking tactics and techniques are different; physical features of the player tend to differ, with exceptions, of course; each position has different tasks on running plays. Even the left and right side of the line are different.

So don't be telling me all this stuff--I know what I'm talking about.

And :wink: right back at ya.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
porky88 said:
Obviously you still have no grasp on reality. I would argue that high school players could make an easier transition from position to position because they are still new to the sport, thus having a wider range of abilities. Then you have the professional o-linemen who have been playing the same position for all of college, most of hs, and years in the pros. Tell me how that is an easy transition.

Again you are showing your ignorance when you imply that the O-line positions are interchangeable. Again I say they are not. Blocking assignments are completely different; blocking tactics and techniques are different; physical features of the player tend to differ, with exceptions, of course; each position has different tasks on running plays. Even the left and right side of the line are different.

So don't be telling me all this stuff--I know what I'm talking about.

And :wink: right back at ya.

I never said that change was easy. It takes time to gel. Last year was a perfect example of that. I did play football though. I wasn't an o-lineman even though the name may state otherwise... I understand the game very well. I’m sure you do as well but I'm saying Green Bay has guys who've played different positions. It’s not like Wells or Barry are new to playing guard. Barry played it in college and worked at it I believe his rookie year a bit as well and then was moved to tackle and stayed there. Scott Wells has switched back and forth between Center and Guard.

Like my post said Wells and Barry have both played guard before in the past. It's not like it's a totally new thing to them. Faine, Tausher, and Clifton have all been at their respective positions for years now. I doubt they'll go anywhere’s either.

The main transition that's going to be made isn't going to be moving from position to position. It's going to be adjusting to the zone blocking scheme. I happen to think Wells, Tausher, Clifton, and Faine would be a good fit for the zone scheme. Barry is my concern there.

Now with the way things are going I highly doubt we end up getting Faine. Just speculation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts