Jared Cook to miss rest of offseason

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its good they caught this now and not later. Sounds like a preventive surgery.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get out in front of it now. Yes, it may hurt a little missing this time to familiarize himself with the playbook but I'm not worried too much. He's a pro's pro and I fully expect him to be ready to roll once health permits.

Reaction score
Interesting news.
We hope he heals quickly. We need the TE position to improve this yea Hopefully this is a minor surgery and he will recover completely within 12 weeks

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So which is it? Occurred during OTA, found during practice, or was an old injury that he hoped to work through?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never understood the timing of these things, small hiccup I guess, hopefully it all plays out well

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Get out in front of it now. Yes, it may hurt a little missing this time to familiarize himself with the playbook but I'm not worried too much. He's a pro's pro and I fully expect him to be ready to roll once health permits.

I'm not worried about Cook struggling to grasp the playbook because of this injury. He will still be able to attend all meetings and improve his knowledge. It's unfortunate he won't be able to work on his timing with Rodgers though.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Cook struggling to grasp the playbook because of this injury. He will still be able to attend all meetings and improve his knowledge. It's unfortunate he won't be able to work on his timing with Rodgers though.
Without a doubt. Timing and feel for one another is something requiring lots of reps so it's certainly not ideal to have him out right now. With that being said so long as he's ready for camp I believe there will be enough time to have them clicking enough to make some things happen on the field. The only real question with JC has been his hands and I hope his "good pair" accompanied him to WI. Ever since the signing I've been pretty vocal about my belief this signing could end up being one of TT's best. JC still poses a vertical threat the likes we haven't seen since JMic. Get this guy healthy, make sure he and 12 get plenty of reps together in TC and let's get back to scoring 30+ PPG. Less than 100 days ladies and gents!! G P G!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like meshing time for AR and Adams/Janis just increased a touch more if anything else. I expect this to have a minimal if even measurable impact on Cook's play.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing our training staff he won't be ready at the start of the season. I NEVER believe anything on the Packers injury report. This team has a way of keeping guys on the unable to perform list way longer than they should be. That sucks because I can't stand seeing Richard Rogers running routes and getting tackled by a single DB any more.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, because they really kept Montgomery off the field waaaay longer than he should have been in 2015....

Medicine is an imperfect science. Deal with it like the rest of us.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Knowing our training staff he won't be ready at the start of the season. I NEVER believe anything on the Packers injury report. This team has a way of keeping guys on the unable to perform list way longer than they should be. That sucks because I can't stand seeing Richard Rogers running routes and getting tackled by a single DB any more.

The Packers medical staff is normally more conservative than others but sometimes that´s a good thing. As El Gaupo pointed out in Montgomery´s case last season, clearing a player too early sometimes results in the team losing him for the entire season.

Members online

Latest posts