Janis Post Combine Mock Draft 1.0

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe it's required by forum law that we have to post a mock once the combine is done, so I'm just being a legal board member here.

With that said, I tried to make this mock as realistic as possible...obviously some guys might not be there, especially in the middle rounds, but I thought I stayed within the realm of reasonable. There were a few positions I would have liked to upgrade more, such as OL, but I just saw better values elsewhere in the draft. In real life, I would hope we manage to trade up since we have 12 picks, but I ain't doing that in a mock.

1-14: Harold Landry - EDGE - Boston College. Landry is a 6'2 252 lb edge. He is a dynamic pass rusher. I would recommend watching his 2016 tape, as he had an ankle injury in '17 that hurt his get off. Has great bend, and when he's on, might be the best pure pass rusher in the class. Not as good at setting the edge against the run. Has great agility testing numbers, and fits the threshold that TT liked for edge rushers. If Denzel Ward or Jaire Alexander are on the board, I would probably take them over Landry. Derwin James and Landry are a toss up for me, so I went with the higher positional value for us in Landry.

2-45: Mike Gesicki - TE - PSU. Gesicki is not an inline TE. He's a bad blocker. Just wanted to get that out of the way. What he is though, is a dynamic athlete with good hands and size. We're talking top tier TE when it comes to athleticism. Flex him out, and he will outsize a DB, or out athlete a LB. Would be a great, great weapon for Rodgers. Might not be here at 45, but I think he will be. 6'5, 247, 41" vertical and ran a 4.54 40.

3-76: Quenton Meeks - CB - Stanford. Good press coverage CB. Has good size at 6'1 210. I thought his tape looked really good. Smart, smart player. He's going to be a little bit slower, will need safety help, but tested great in the 3-cone which is a huge predictor for CB success. I like his tape/testing combo, and think he's a starter caliber CB in the 3rd round.

4-114: Fred Warner - ILB - BYU. 6'3, 236, ran a 4.64 40. BYU actually used him as an off ball slot defender, which is very unique considering his size. Not a traditional LB by any means. But it does mean that he is experienced in coverage, is very agile for his size, and actually has decent size. Needs to get stronger. I think he's a good candidate to be a good coverage ILB, and a definite candidate to be a Day 1 starter on this team in base formation. Big fan of his.

4-133: Dante Pettis - WR - Washington. Outstanding punt returner. Better WR than Trevor Davis. He is not a burner, but he is smooth. Undersized, so he may have to work out of the slot, but he can play outside. Does struggle against press coverage which is why I don't think he's a 2nd-3rd round pick. Good route runner, good hands, he's a solid WR.

5-150: Shaquem Griffin - any position he wants to - UCF. I love Griffin. Great story, great player. For those who don't know, he's missing a hand. Ran a 4.38 at 227 pounds. He plays with great speed and great endurance. Obviously, can struggle a bit getting off blocks, but manages pretty well considering he's missing a hand. He can play ILB as a coverage guy, maybe even a little bit of slot safety. At the very least, he's an elite ST's player and core locker room guy. Let him come in and find out where he wins, because he will. If it wasn't for his hand, he's a 1st-2nd round player.

5-172: Kentavious Street - DL - NC State. I think he can play similar to Dean Lowry. Overlooked because he was on a great DL, but he has some talent and athletic ability. He's worth a shot at this point, imo. Honestly can't say I know a ton about him, which will be a recurring theme with the later round guys.

5-174: Brandon Parker - OT - North Carolina A&T. 6'8, 305 lbs with 35" arms. He's big. He's very raw. He's a definite project, but maybe he'll be good. This late in the game, and with our OL coach, he might develop into a swing OT or even a starter if we're lucky.

6-186: Holton Hill - CB - Texas. This guy, I don't know where he's going. He could go 2nd day, he could go undrafted. Very talented player, but a lot of off field issues. At this point, draft him and work on his character. Green Bay is pretty isolated and has a strong locker room, so it could work. But like I said, might not be here at this point.

6-207: Trayvon Henderson - S - Hawaii. He's just a guy. Box safety most likely. Did well at the Senior Bowl. At this point, who cares?

7-232: Will Dissly - TE - Washington. Here's your inline TE. Dissly is a former DE, is 6'4 270 with huge hands. Very good blocker. Only played TE for the last two years, so he's still developing. Draft him, get rid of Kendricks/Rodgers. He'll be a guy who can be on your team for a decade, and is just a solid player. Will never be a dynamic guy, but has a chance to start.

7-239: Dylan Cantrell - WR - Texas Tech. Cantrell is 6'3, 227 and is an ideal slot WR. Basically a smaller flexed out TE. Incredible agility numbers, which means with his size, he's going to be killer on out routes, digs, and crossers. Great hands. Probably will flame out, but worth a chance.

Reaction score
Also liked the effort. Nicely done
I do think there will be a trade in there somewhere.
I’m hoping we end up with 10-11 picks due to us trading up to lock an excellent draft prospect that fits our strategy between rounds 3-5 (where it’s impactful but not super costly)

Members online

Latest posts