J. Shockey

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's well known as of today the Giants are willing to move Shockey. Is this what we are waiting for? A glaring need filled. Start WWIII.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say no.

Talented, yes, but the odds of him being loud, obnoxious, demanding the ball, and showing up our young QB are high.

Give me Donald Lee and our 2nd round rookie.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say no.

Talented, yes, but the odds of him being loud, obnoxious, demanding the ball, and showing up our young QB are high.

Usually Trom I almost always agree with you. In this case we will have to agree to disagree. For what most likely ends up being a 2nd, I say get him. It's not a Madden move, albeit a slight gamble. Sometimes a guy just needs a change, plus in GB he would be the man - something I think would be good for The Rod.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I say no.

Usually Trom I almost always agree with you. In this case we will have to agree to disagree. For what most likely ends up being a 2nd, I say get him. It's not a Madden move, albeit a slight gamble. Sometimes a guy just needs a change, plus in GB he would be the man - something I think would be good for The Rod.

While I'm not sure if him coming here would be a good thing, young quarterbacks do love their tight ends and a good one can really help a young guy out.

However, it's not going to happen.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants won't trade one of their best offensive players to the team they BARELY squeaked by in the NFC Championship.

I would be stoked if we could get him though...

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I say no.

Well just ask young Eli Manning how that relationship worked out.

I say no. The Giants magically got better when he got hurt. Just one of my conspiracy theories of course.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i doubt GB is Hollywood enough for Shockey. I could definitely see him as a Dolphin though.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli relied on Shockey too much, and it hurt the team.

Shockey demanded the ball and would throw **** fits if he didnt get.... and it hurt the team.

I dont even think his ability equals out the potential locker room killing cancer he could become.

our locker room is great. but it is young and more than likely easily swayed, by a loud mouth like shockey.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion,Shockey will not be in a Packer uniform this season. I would think that is not the direction Packer GM Ted Thompson will go for a tight end.

For all the reasons Tromaz posted.

PWT36 Green Bay born & raised Packer fan for over 6 decades

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm torn on this, he's a pretty good tight end, but he's got an injury history, and can be a sore in the locker room. Frankly I'd rather hold onto our picks and wait to see if the Giants cut him, if not we can look at a TE in the 2nd or 3rd Round, or Draft Owen Schmitt out of WVU. That guy may be listed as a Fullback, but he can line up all over the field. Special Teams, Tail Back, Full Back, H-Back, and Tight End. I'd love to see him wearing green and gold next year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's got talent, but like was already stated, too much baggage. Too much chance of him ******** up team chemistry.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see...get an injury plagued overrated wannabe wide receiver
that masquerades as a tight end, who has absorbitant contract demands
to this 3-4 receiver set Green Bay team.

He is not fast anymore...he has NEVER been a good blocker...
He catches the ball 25% of the time it comes to him...and wants 10 million per season.

Sounds like a great catch to me.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say no. He dragged down a young Eli, and he'll drag down a young Rodgers.

Had our QB been Favre this year I would be all for this. Rodgers doesn't have the status of being looked up to that Favre garnered over the years.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had our QB been Favre this year I would be all for this. Rodgers doesn't have the status of being looked up to that Favre garnered over the years.

Exactly what I was thinking. I think Shockey is pretty damn good and having a good passing TE would be huge, I just don't think this is what we want to include in the A-Rod era.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason why I'm not a big fan of Jeremy Shockey is because in the locker room he doesn't know his role. He thinks he's the leader of the team but in reality he should just shut up and play football. The Giants success started when he got hurt. Why? Not because Shockey was off the football field but Eli Manning was allowed to become the leader.

This brings me to the current Green Bay Packers.

If Brett Favre was still around I could see Jeremy Shockey playing for the Packers. Even he would know his role in the offense and have to shut up for Favre. Favre has earned that.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't. So if the Packers brought Shockey in I think he'd probably be the same guy he was in New York and it might hurt Rodgers more than help him in some ways. For that reason alone I really don't know if it's worth giving a 2nd (I think a 2nd is what they'd take) for Shockey. The Packers might be better off acquiring someone else.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason why I'm not a big fan of Jeremy Shockey is because in the locker room he doesn't know his role. He thinks he's the leader of the team but in reality he should just shut up and play football. The Giants success started when he got hurt. Why? Not because Shockey was off the football field but Eli Manning was allowed to become the leader.

This brings me to the current Green Bay Packers.

If Brett Favre was still around I could see Jeremy Shockey playing for the Packers. Even he would know his role in the offense and have to shut up for Favre. Favre has earned that.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't. So if the Packers brought Shockey in I think he'd probably be the same guy he was in New York and it might hurt Rodgers more than help him in some ways. For that reason alone I really don't know if it's worth giving a 2nd (I think a 2nd is what they'd take) for Shockey. The Packers might be better off acquiring someone else.

I will have to say you changed my mind a little bit. I still, tend to forget Brett is gone.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a big name around the league, but I don't think it is because of his talent alone. Yeah, he's good. his talent got him noticed, but it's his mouth that's made him famous. no thanks.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants were sucking hind end till Shockey got hurt.
After he was out for the season they started their improbable run for the Super Bowl.
Coincidence?

That's what I was thinking. Shockey is too much of a headcase. I like Driver kind of guys. I like people who put the team first.

Plus, we have a developing weapon in Donald Lee. If anything, we just need depth at TE, which we currently don't have. We'll fix this in the draft.

Staff online

Latest posts