Is The Defensive Line In Trouble?

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well as you know last year we were a really tough team to run on. BUT it seems with the loss of Williams and some question marsk at DT things might be turning the other way. Jolly facing jail time/injuries and Harrell also injured.

I'm not sure how serious these injuries are but lets hope they get these things sorted out before the season starts because a weak defensive line will allow offensive lines to be able to get on Kampman, KGB and the Linebackers, Popp,Chillar, Barnett and Hawk.

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too am worried about our D-Line. They were marvelous last year, but that was because we had 5 guys who could step in and produce. Now that the rotation is gone, we may see a lesser D-Line this year.

PackinCheeseWhiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definately think it would be in TT's interest to pick someone up for insurance because I believe
the defense is going to be the key to winning alot of these games this year, especially the first 4 teams we face. Nothing againist Rodgers but those are tough teams to face right out of the gate.
I think he'll be fine after a few games.

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
Well, when you draft stiffs like Harrell what do you expect

I expect that when hes completely healthy to be able to contribute and create big plays. I'm not trying to insult you or anything but you seem like a very pessimistic kind of person.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steveGB said:
dd80forever said:

I expect that when hes completely healthy to be able to contribute and create big plays. I'm not trying to insult you or anything but you seem like a very pessimistic kind of person.

Not Pessimistic, just don't run around with Green and Gold glasses

When he's Healthy? Has he ever been healthy?

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
steveGB said:
dd80forever said:

Not Pessimistic, just don't run around with Green and Gold glasses

When he's Healthy? Has he ever been healthy?

Hes also 24. There are players who have had injuries before they hit 25 and still played you know. I don't run around with green and gold glasses on I'm just gonna follow what their decisions are and hope they are the right decision.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"D" line definitely problematical. Harrell is a no show most of the time with injuries so, GB could use another stalwart aka Pickett. Need someone to query Mike M on this one and see whether he blows more smoke rings or really addresses the question. Worrisome now tho.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be some veterans cut before the end of training camp if need be. What I am concerned with his the health of Jolly and his legal stuff. Does anyone have an update on that?

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Pickett
2. Jolly
3. Harrell
4. Cole
5. Muir

With Jenkins, Montgomery and Hunter getting some reps.

Besides Pickett (who's getting up there in age), these other guys should definitely improve from last season.

I really wish the Pack would have brought back Grady Jackson. He was fun to watch and was great in those obvious run situations.

I just hope Bob Sanders uses the speed of our LBer's to blitz more to help keep our D line fresh. Those guys were spent by the end of last year.

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone we drafted in the 2nd round will ever be as good as Corey was. Brohm will never start, because A-Rod is just too good, Jordy doesn't get much playing time being under Jennings, Driver and Jones, and I just don't have that feeling about Pat Lee.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts