Is Rodgers a HOF worthy player today?

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
For whatever reason (and i may just be pessimist ) its rhe missed opportunities that weigh heavier than the successes.

One more ring!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he walked away from the game today, he's be 28th in NFL history with 226 TD passes, a Super Bowl ring, a Super Bowl MVP, 4 division titles, 4 Pro Bowls, 2 MVPs, and by far the best TD to INT ratio in NFL history. (No other QB with at least 200 TD passes has less than 100 INTs. Rodgers has 57!)

I'm not saying he'd be a slam dunk by any means -- voters obviously prefer a little more longetivity from that position. But there are certainly worse QB's in the HOF and he certainly would have a case.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my first reaction was no... I too feel too many missed opportunities and would like to see some more rings.

Shanghai Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. The stats are there on a per-season basis and while I do think you need to have 6-7 high quality seasons to be in the discussion for the Hall of Fame (which Rodgers has easily) there's no requirement that you have to play 13 seasons to make it. The same argument goes for Patrick Willis who just retired. He played 8 seasons, and was one of the top 1-2 ILB's in the league for 7 of them. He's a Hall of Famer and he's not precluded because he didn't have a few more so-so seasons. Rodgers has been one of the top 3 QBs for 5-6 years now, plus a couple other really good seasons, and has won a Super Bowl and 2 MVPS. He's a Hall of Famer already. What's left to be decided is does he go down in the top 10, or even top 5 All Time QBs.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the body of work not the rings, let me say yes.

He holds many records that time cannot buy. Many hof qbs of this generation get it with 15+ years starting. His numbers are pure reliability. The key being substance, not quantity.

Having stats that are consistently across the top 5 of the board, with over 100 starts isn't easy. I put him above warner, and several other modern inductees who are worthy.

Not being a Homer, but I think Aaron is a better choice than Bree's, Eli, romo, and rothlisberger.

3 out these 5 will go. I think Aaron is top. 2 have multiple SB wins, 2 hold records, and 1 is the gunslinger 2.0.

I pick a.r. above each.

Now, if he retires next year, the answer is no, but if nothing changes and no more rings, he just keep doing what he's done for the last 10 years for another 5?

Yes

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers needs to win another Superbowl, or be better in clutch situations, or both for me to say yes to this

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say yes with todays body of work. Compare him with Kurt Warner. Kurt has started 13 more games in his career but Rodgers has 18 more TDs. Kurts INT % is twice that of Rodgers. Rodgers has a 12.3 better QB rating. Then there is the big part of Rodgers career that gets over looked when comparing him to other QBs. Rodgers has 1545 more rushing yards than Kurt Warner and 17 more rushing yards.

Now Kurt isnt a 1st ballot player but a likely player to end up in the hall. The flaw on his career was the struggles with NY which Aaron obviously doesnt have.

But the board here is right, another ring and it cements his spot in Canton.

I noticed I didnt put yards as a comparison, Warner has 3766 more yards than Aaron.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If he retired today I'd give it 75% chance, what if instead of a SB ring, he gets another MVP? Would that put him in Canton? I think its hard to argue that two MVP's and a SB MVP would not make it to Canton eventually.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am surprised at how many people bring up the missed opportunities as a reasshouldn't be in. Yes he missed one this year but he has also played with a pretty poor defense a lot of years. I also can't stand the lack of clutchness idea since has the best 4th quarter qb rating of all time. A lot of times clutch means you played poorly before to keep the door open for your opppnent.

All that said not sure if he would get in bc the hall seems to love longevity. Rings would t be an issue. He has one so it won't be hanging over him. He has a ring, he has the stats, and the has the post season accolades. One to two more seasons of typical Rodgers and he is a shoe-in

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Not sure how many two-time MVP quarterbacks aren't in the Hall of Fame. Is this even really a question?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a hypothetical to the people who say he isn't in yet. How many more years does he need to play at his current level to be a lock? Or do you think he needs another ring?

Fan bases usually over value their players but I think there is a segment of Packer fans that under-rate how amazing Rodgers has been bc he "only" has one ring.

this isn't meant to be a knock on McCarthy or the defense but give Rodgers Belichek as a coach or the Seahawks defense and how many rings do we think he has?

MplsPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missed opportunities outweigh what? Are you kidding me? Longevity might be an issue at this point but not "only" having one ring. He is playing at a level of efficiency that has never been seen and has done it consistently for years. I find myself upset when he throws a pick and then realize how damned ridiculous it is. We as a fan base are very close to being obnoxiously spoiled rotten. Almost every other franchise and fan base would be in heaven to have the success we have. Appreciate the greatness you are witnessing because we could easily go another lifetime and never see it again. Ok sorry, I'm off the soapbox now...:tup:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's only one guy that wins a Super Bowl each year. Winning multiple Super Bowls is NOT a requirement for Hall admission. The only thing you really need to look at is "two-time MVP"...that means Hall of Fame.

Does anyone doubt that Kurt Warner will be in the Hall of Fame? Rodgers has been first team All-Pro just as many times, a 1st team Pro Bowler just as many times (and Rodgers has been a Pro Bowler more often overall), has won as many Super Bowls as Warner and both have two MVPs. In fact, pro football reference uses approximate value as a rough estimate of how valuable a player is over their career and Rodgers has already surpassed Kurt Warner.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say yes with todays body of work. Compare him with Kurt Warner. Kurt has started 13 more games in his career but Rodgers has 18 more TDs. Kurts INT % is twice that of Rodgers. Rodgers has a 12.3 better QB rating. Then there is the big part of Rodgers career that gets over looked when comparing him to other QBs. Rodgers has 1545 more rushing yards than Kurt Warner and 17 more rushing yards.

Now Kurt isnt a 1st ballot player but a likely player to end up in the hall. The flaw on his career was the struggles with NY which Aaron obviously doesnt have.

But the board here is right, another ring and it cements his spot in Canton.

I noticed I didnt put yards as a comparison, Warner has 3766 more yards than Aaron.

Kurt has 2 rings though doesn't he? Rodgers has 1?

Staff online

Latest posts