Is Chmura Packers Hall of Fame material?

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chmura was a big part of the success that the Packers had in the mid-90's. Would love to have another tight end like him on our team right now. Yeah he did really stupid things off the field but have we had the production out of the tight end since he left?

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
When he wasn't hurt ... I think Keith Jackson's arrival had more to do with some of his stats than anything. I'm just thinking that (in today's vernacular) he was just "a guy" that had a #4 throwing the ball to him in a system that utilized a tight end. Now, if the Pack had a Hall of Fame for blocking TE's ... well, he'd be in the discussion. I think that him being put in the Pack's Hall kind of waters down the honor for a lot of truly special players, is all.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. He wasn't a game changer. He was also injured a lot. Oh, and that little indescretion at the kid's prom party? Aquittal, yes. But bad judgment and questionable character? Definitely.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a great TE, but Packers HoF material? No...

Sean Jones should be there before him... LeRoy Butler should be there, for crying out loud! BTW, LeRoy should be a HoF period.

But hey, the Magik Man is in there...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts