1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Chmura Packers Hall of Fame material?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by weeds, Nov 25, 2009.

1. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
  2. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I vote yes.

3. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Chmura was a big part of the success that the Packers had in the mid-90's. Would love to have another tight end like him on our team right now. Yeah he did really stupid things off the field but have we had the production out of the tight end since he left?

4. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    When he wasn't hurt ... I think Keith Jackson's arrival had more to do with some of his stats than anything. I'm just thinking that (in today's vernacular) he was just "a guy" that had a #4 throwing the ball to him in a system that utilized a tight end. Now, if the Pack had a Hall of Fame for blocking TE's ... well, he'd be in the discussion. I think that him being put in the Pack's Hall kind of waters down the honor for a lot of truly special players, is all.

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Sorry but Ive never heard of him.

Anyone want to give me an insight into what he achieved and what he did for the Packers?

Thanks!

6. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I vote yes he was the go to guy for many short yardage situations and a huge part of their success in the '90s. This guy played 100% every play.

7. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
  8. Ted's Zombie Army

Ted's Zombie Army Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    No. He wasn't a game changer. He was also injured a lot. Oh, and that little indescretion at the kid's prom party? Aquittal, yes. But bad judgment and questionable character? Definitely.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    He was a great TE, but Packers HoF material? No...

Sean Jones should be there before him... LeRoy Butler should be there, for crying out loud! BTW, LeRoy should be a HoF period.

But hey, the Magik Man is in there...