Is B.J. Raji a lock in Green Bay now?

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be very excited if we get Raji.

The way I see it:
lions - Stafford
rams - Monroe/Smith. Their OL it's just awful.
chiefs - Curry. The best player on this draft and they need someone to get rush the passer.
seattle - Crabtree. Yeah, they got "T.J. Whosyourm..." but they need to give Hasselbeck every possible weapon. They could also go with a RB here, but I doubt it.
browns - Orakpo to get their 3-4 going.
bengals - Monroe/Smith. They can't afford to lose Carson Palmer...AGAIN.
raiders - anyone that rans a really really fast 40. Could be a WR...they need to get JR a nice receiver for him not to be a bust
jax - Percy Harvin. Can you name a jaguars WR that it's not Matt Jones? And, by the way, He might be suspended.
Packers - B.J. Raji. It would be a tremendous help to our DL. I think that Justin Harrell could play DE in the 3-4 'cause of his size and weight (6'4 - 310). Pickett could play the NT, but he is 30 already and on contract year. So come on, TT...do the right thing!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just one problem: Curry can't rush the passer. Can't is a little bit strong. But he has less than 5 sacks his entire carrer at Wake Forest, but he wasn't asked to rush the passer. The point is, he fits more the MLB in the 4-3 than the OLB in the 3-4. He could play ILB in the 3-4, but his best position is 4-3 MLB, which is why I see KC passing on him to select an OL, or if they choose so, Orakpo. They just changed to a 3-4.

My opinion is that Curry could play anywhere, but he needs time to learn how to pass rush.
BTW, nice to see south americans in this forum. Really like Santiago, Valle Nevado is a great point to ski.

onquack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with PackersRS that you don't know what Curry can really be. Labeled as a (can't miss) prospect at lb seems it should come with a sidenote (just watch). Trying to get a read on what is going to happen at the top of this draft is becoming more than alittle difficult. Personally I see detroit taking Stafford, St Louis taking OL, KC taking OL to protect Cassel, but Seattle could go many different ways. Something tells me that this pick is the hardest to read. TJ Housh and Branch should make a decent set of wideouts. W. Jones had microfracture surgery on his knee and is hoping to go back to the level of play he was used to. Alot of (if's). I just think that Seattle will be the team that surprises at the top of this years draft. That being said, who falls to #9. BJ Raji would be awesome but will he be there? I want to see defensive line addressed at 9 or trade down. #9 should be an impact player not a part-time backup. OT needs help but there are good fits in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Let's hope no offensive skill players with the first pick! That would be a bummer.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
I don't get why Seattle would take a QB when Hasselback is the best player on their team and still has at least 3 years of good football...
Age and injury concerns I guess. John Clayton said it, not me. Lol.

Reaction score
PackersRS said:
I don't get why Seattle would take a QB when Hasselback is the best player on their team and still has at least 3 years of good football...

the same reason we got rodgers when we did because he becomes a backup and learns the game for a couple years. also like tony **** i mean romo. :p

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really not the same. Favre was older than he is, and was leaning towards retirement, which is not the case for Hasselback. And Rodgers was projected to go as high as the #1 pick, therefore getting him at 24 was a steal. Even though Stafford is projected at #1 this year, he's not considered the best prospect in college, so getting him at #4 isn't exactly a steal. The point of a backup qb is valid, but at #4, with so many needs and with so many years ahead of Hasselback, it's not a smart move. For Jacksonville it would be, but not for Seattle, IMO.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaron rodgers is god said:
PackersRS said:

the same reason we got rodgers when we did because he becomes a backup and learns the game for a couple years. also like tony **** i mean romo. :p

And just like Wolf did with Brooks, Detemer, Hasslbeck, and the other q/b he drafted when Brett was MVP

Reaction score
PackersRS said:
It's really not the same. Favre was older than he is, and was leaning towards retirement, which is not the case for Hasselback. And Rodgers was projected to go as high as the #1 pick, therefore getting him at 24 was a steal. Even though Stafford is projected at #1 this year, he's not considered the best prospect in college, so getting him at #4 isn't exactly a steal. The point of a backup qb is valid, but at #4, with so many needs and with so many years ahead of Hasselback, it's not a smart move. For Jacksonville it would be, but not for Seattle, IMO.

not everyone is going to play as long as brett does and still be good

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But injury concerns for Hasselbeck is just too much...Ok he just played 7 games last season, but that's because the 'hawks were awful and anyone in that place was injury plagued. They had the weirdest injury plague ever, no WR, awful OL, QBs getting injury (Hasselbeck, Frye and Wallace).

About Curry, ILB in the Chiefs 3-4 and he can raise hell for the RBs in his division. He will learn a lot with Vrabel and Thomas. But this could indicate that they could go OL with their top pick.

And PackersRS, thanks for the wellcoming. I love Santiago though I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil now. Football is growing here and I have many brazilian Packersfan friends too.

OP
OP
N

NormalSizedMidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure why so many people think that the signings of Zach Thomas And Mike Vrabel are a sign they aren't going to go LB or even defense for that matter. Imagine if those guys were already on these team from last season. They will be 36 and 34 years old going into this season. People would be talking about how old their LBs are and how it's time to bring someone in to replace them but because they just got signed that somehow negates the fact neither of them have much left?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They also have Derrick Johnson and Demorrio Williams which are fine players, specially Johnson. But that's not the point, the thing is 3# is too high of a spot for a linebacker as it is, there's only been 34 taken in the top 5 (the last one LaVar Arrington in 2000 at 2) and for a linebacker that doesn't rush the passer and has not played the 3-4? While their offensive line is porous? I just don't see them picking him. He's a tremenduos player, no doubt, but so are Monroe and Jason Smith...

Da-Holder4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would try and get brian orakpo over bj raji, that is if he is still there... he can take over the defensive end spot left open by kampman, and we have picket who is good and will b good enough to last atleast one more year and we can get a DT next year in the first round or try and get one in the second round but they should definitely get Brian if he is still there

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Orakpo will play 3-4 DE. He's projected to play the 4-3 DE, and in the 3-4 the OLB, besides Kampman...
And Danielchile, Soi probably comes as a backup, so don't rule out Raji. But Ryan Grant was picked up as a backup too, and like Grant, Soi spent some time with the NY Giants...

Reaction score
yah orakpo would take out the next olb problem but we would have an insane linebacking crew if we got orakpo in there imagine this Orakpo OLb Nick barnett Ins Lb AJ Hawk ins LB than kampmon OLB. that is a pretty insane lb crew. so id pick the De from lsu sorry forgot his name again or orakpo if hes there. otherwise take an o linemen if hes there or a cb

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only reason hasselbech is even being mentioned is because of Mora. Maybe they trade for mike Vick LOL

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think Orakpo could be there now. With Cleveland reportedly looking to deal Braylon Edwards to NY, it's becoming pretty clear that they're going to take Michael Crabtree. I guess Oakland could take Orakpo, because they need help everywhere, but I see them trying to give JaMarcus a weapon, like a Jeremy Maclin. Al Davis loves speed, and Maclin has speed to burn.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see Orakpo there too, recent mock I saw had him falling as far as the Redskins. I can't believe that would happen he's easily a top 5 player.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some mocks are picking Tyson Jackson for us.

What are the Browns doing? They are getting rid of all the targets to Anderson/Quinn. Winslow to the bucs, Edwards to some nfc east team and Stallworth to the Mean Machine a.k.a. Prison.

And remember that Al Davis loves 40 times. Darrius Heyward-Bey ran a 4.30. Maclin a 4.45.

Reaction score
i didnt hear anything about them tradeing anderson away but quinn and braylon they are. they are starting over with the franchise they are rebuilding just like the lions. and most of the mock drafts ive seen on Sports center they have rajj and orakpo both avalable for our pick

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts