Eric Enron
Tyler Eiffert
Greg Olsen .

May all be FAs?

Obviously we want to avoid a Jimmy Graham signing 2.0

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eifert and Olsen have JG2.0 potential and Ebron is a no go for me. Henry would be nice, but we’ll see if he’s available when the time comes

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think this tight end FA class is going to be wretched once guys actually resign. I'm more intrigued with the trade targets.

Hayden Hurst is a capable guy, and the Ravens also have Mark Andrews and Nick Boyle.

The Bucs don't use O.J. Howard.

Those are two guys I'm interested in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Am I correct that it looks like

Hunter Henry
Eric Enron
Tyler Eiffert
Greg Olsen .

May all be FAs?

Obviously we want to avoid a Jimmy Graham signing 2.0

Henry would be an intriguing option but it's possible he won't make it to free agency.

The Packers shouldn't be interested in any of the other guys you mentioned.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I missing something as to why Austin Hooper's name hasnt been mentioned? From what I can see he is a free agent and Atlanta is up against the cap and needs way more help on defense than offense. I could easily see him hitting free agency and he had 75 catches on the season

I could see Henry getting resigned but the Chargers have made some interesting decisions in the past. They need to figure out what they are doing with Rivers and Gordon (both could easily be gone) before looking at Henry. I think there is a good chance he wants to test his market value

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Am I missing something as to why Austin Hooper's name hasnt been mentioned? From what I can see he is a free agent and Atlanta is up against the cap and needs way more help on defense than offense. I could easily see him hitting free agency and he had 75 catches on the season

I could see Henry getting resigned but the Chargers have made some interesting decisions in the past. They need to figure out what they are doing with Rivers and Gordon (both could easily be gone) before looking at Henry. I think there is a good chance he wants to test his market value

I think people are mostly expecting him to get extended in Atlanta despite the tight cap situation. They are indeed up against it, but they can create some room through restructures and releases.

Hooper is far and away their top priority. They really don't have anyone else close to his value that's coming up on FA this year. And they don't have anything resembling a replacement in house. Furthermore, they've chosen to keep the band together rather than fire Quinn, which means they aren't trying to rebuild.

But no doubt he would be a quality acquisition if he did get away from Atlanta.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people are mostly expecting him to get extended in Atlanta despite the tight cap situation. They are indeed up against it, but they can create some room through restructures and releases.

Hooper is far and away their top priority. They really don't have anyone else close to his value that's coming up on FA this year. And they don't have anything resembling a replacement in house. Furthermore, they've chosen to keep the band together rather than fire Quinn, which means they aren't trying to rebuild.

But no doubt he would be a quality acquisition if he did get away from Atlanta.

I get why they would try to keep him for sure but their defense needs help so I wonder if they spend money elsewhere? If both Henry and Hooper are not available the tight end class looks a little sad. However at this point unless they get tagged I wouldnt be surprised to see both test the market

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really doubt that Henry will make it to FA. He is one hell of a player and the Chargers got a good amount of Cap space open for next season. Looking at their FA class, Henry will be a Top 3 priority.
Hooper would be cool too but as explained he is the biggest priority in Atlanta. Although their cap situation is tight so maybe a wonder happens.
A certain Richard Rodgers seems to be a FA next offseason too. Maybe he is a good fit ;)

How is the TE craft class this year? Last year was pretty deep so I am not sure that it would make sense to draft another one this year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I get why they would try to keep him for sure but their defense needs help so I wonder if they spend money elsewhere? If both Henry and Hooper are not available the tight end class looks a little sad. However at this point unless they get tagged I wouldnt be surprised to see both test the market

It would be really surprising to me if either of those teams invested this much time in developing these guys only to let them walk when they start paying off. But I guess we'll see.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be really surprising to me if either of those teams invested this much time in developing these guys only to let them walk when they start paying off. But I guess we'll see.

I think Henry is quite unlikely but Hooper seems more likely to me. Atlanta is already over the cap for next year and they do have guys like Vic Beasley who had a solid year and they may want to resign. He was their best pass rusher. Other starters on defense like a lb named campbell are free agents as well as a lot of their depth at db. So it looks like they do have other guys to think about.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think Henry is quite unlikely but Hooper seems more likely to me. Atlanta is already over the cap for next year and they do have guys like Vic Beasley who had a solid year and they may want to resign. He was their best pass rusher. Other starters on defense like a lb named campbell are free agents as well as a lot of their depth at db. So it looks like they do have other guys to think about.

I don't think Beasley, who they've reportedly tried to trade on numerous occasions, will be anywhere near Hooper on their priority list.

I'm not saying that Hooper is their only FA, but he is definitely head and shoulders more important than the other guys. Expecting them to resign De'Vondre Campbell or Vic Beasley at the expense of Austin Hooper seems like wishful thinking.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way they let Hunter walk. He'll be Tom Brady's favorite target next year when he takes over the Chargers.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Beasley, who they've reportedly tried to trade on numerous occasions, will be anywhere near Hooper on their priority list.

I'm not saying that Hooper is their only FA, but he is definitely head and shoulders more important than the other guys. Expecting them to resign De'Vondre Campbell or Vic Beasley at the expense of Austin Hooper seems like wishful thinking.

I agree Beasley isnt a higher priority but it goes to show how many pieces they are losing. They had a bad defense and are likely losing Beasley who was their best pass rusher, a starting linebacker, 2 guys who played a lot on their dline and lots of depth at db. that is a lot to replace with no cap. I am not fully expecting them to have those guys as a priority over Hooper but those spots now would have to be replaced and are their guys on other teams they would prioritize over hooper especially considering defense is a huge need and they are already tight against the cap before adding draft picks

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree Beasley isnt a higher priority but it goes to show how many pieces they are losing. They had a bad defense and are likely losing Beasley who was their best pass rusher, a starting linebacker, 2 guys who played a lot on their dline and lots of depth at db. that is a lot to replace with no cap. I am not fully expecting them to have those guys as a priority over Hooper but those spots now would have to be replaced and are their guys on other teams they would prioritize over hooper especially considering defense is a huge need and they are already tight against the cap before adding draft picks

We'll see. I wouldn't hold my breath.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll see. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I wont hold my breath. To me for Henry and Hooper I think Henry should definitely be resigned but if I were the Falcons I would struggle to resign Hooper with all their needs on defense. The draft can fix some problems but as we have seen as Packer fans free agency can help a lot. If they resign Hooper they will be banking on simply the draft to fix the defense.

All that said I assume you will be right and Ebron will be the best TE on the market which is sad

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts