In Review

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally watched the playoff game I DVR'd. Sober and unemotional. After watching it I was even more hopefull that we really do not have alot to fix to be a team that can dominate on both sides of the ball.

Structurally

we all know first and foremost was the pass rush. When we gave manning all the time he needed he picked us apart but when we got after them, we intercepted, dropped for losses and held on third down
TT will address this this off season.

Tackling, so many plays that went for long yards and TD's that should have ended for short or medium gains with a decent tackle. MM said this will be fixed.

Blocking, backs have to learn to block, Starks was run over on more than one play. Osi got to A-Rod on what would have most likely been a sure TD with Jennings streaking down the sideline wide open, (of course the way everyone was off I guess that was no guarantee).

Just everyone off.

Osi knocks the ball out of Rogers hand with Jennings wide open heading toward the end zone, Arod misses wide open Jennings and Finley, 8 Dropped passes, Fumbles by players that never fumble.

Even with all the mistakes we were in that game up till the last min of the first half when things when to crap. We dominated the 3rd defensively but could not put up the numbers.

Anyway just a thread to fill the void and as far as I am concerned re watching that game reaffirmed my belief that we do not have very many things to fix going into next season to come our swinging and reclaim our throne.

Humbly submitted for your review, have at it boys.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been in the same mode of thinking since the day it happened. The only thing that I'm not sure will happen is TT addressing the immediate pass rush needs in the offseason. I think that he'll draft somebody but then just hope that Neal gives the rush we need. A bad D-line makes everyone else on defense look bad. If Raji plays back to form and someone Wynn or Neal really steps forward, we'll be okay. Otherwise it'll be a repeat of the 2011 season.

My only other thought is that Rodgers might have been right that the offense didn't need to get together on its own during the lockout, Charles Woodson should have been in town getting the defense on the same page. That's 20/20 hindsight commentary, but I'd hope that the defense prepares itself better this season. In my mind, better prep will take care of 50% of the problems while an improved pass rush is the other half.

We'll see

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is I am really really really looking forward to the season opener...we need redemption, the defense needs to show up big time against the Giants in game 1 to set the tempo for the rest of the season. what we dont need is a big star shoot out ala the saints game 1.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway just a thread to fill the void and as far as I am concerned re watching that game reaffirmed my belief that we do not have very many things to fix going into next season to come our swinging and reclaim our throne.

Humbly submitted for your review, have at it boys.
And girls.
Let's not forget our terrific Green-n-Gold girls on here.

Yeah, I agree. Not a lot of things to deal with.

And whatever happens, may all family members of players, coaches and staff be safe.
Don't let anything bad happen to any sons, daughters, wives, husbands, cousins twice removed etc. or even the goldfish or cat.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
And girls.
Let's not forget our terrific Green-n-Gold girls on here.

Yeah, I agree. Not a lot of things to deal with.

And whatever happens, may all family members of players, coaches and staff be safe.
Don't let anything bad happen to any sons, daughters, wives, husbands, cousins twice removed etc. or even the goldfish or cat.
My apologies, it was a figure of speech.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To think that the pass rush will simply be fixed come training camp I think is a bit overly optimistic. It won't be, unless Ted can strike gold in the draft and get the rare rookie pass rusher that comes in and makes an immidiate impact. I wouldn't count on it...more likely you're looking at at least a couple years before you see a noticable improvement.

The defenses breakdowns, miscommunications and poor tackling also I think you are being very very optimistic to hope that those problems are rendered "fixed" in an off-season.

I think a team can easily go from being good to bad on either side of the ball...but going from bad to good tends to take more time.

I continue to believe that the way this team continues its dominance will be by scoring lots and lots of points...like last year. There's no reason they can't continue to do so...they just can't have any let downs in the post-season. If MM is serious about fixing the run game, which is much more doable, I think the sky is the limit for this offense. Also factor an incresed role for Cobb, Finley rebounding from the drops, and Rodgers a bit better with another year as a starter under his belt...this is the way we will continue to win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's gonna take more than just drafting a player or two to get the d-fence better.
We have a talented D as it is.
I think what will make it better are better plays.
You could have a whole line of CM3's but it ain't gonna mean crap if they don't play well.
So Capers has plenty of time to come up with something better that will work.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't be winning any 9-6 ballgames any time soon. This team is built for 56-49 games

you mean the 2012 team? Becuase Im not going to pretend like I know next years team will be like this years...(same as expecting the 2010 team to be identical to the one last year)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I've analyzed it in my head for weeks and while it's disappointing, I just think we were flawed of a team. Top offense that broke records, and a defense that broke the wrong records that should go down for shame in giving up the most passing yards ever.

I hope it's safe to say the Packers can't win the Super Bowl every year, but I do think we should be happy we won it a year ago, and I hate the Giants too, but I'd rather see the NFC win the Super Bowl 3 in a row than the AFC.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy: I mean, we're plus-24 and we go and turn the ball over four times and it wasn't anything that they did. . . . I'm not trying to discredit the Giants. . . ."But John Kuhn never fumbles, and he fumbled off the back of Bryan Bulaga. Ryan Grant is going to the ground and gets hit and it's out.
We have a seven-man protection and a three-step drop and we give up a sack-fumble (Jennings was wide open for a touchdown).

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Matthews would love to have Perry on the team. He's a good player & both him & Matthews are from USC.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts