I'm sorry, but either MM or AROD need to realize...

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is the most VALUABLE player on the Packers...He is the FUEL to the Packers ENGINE...Both MM and him should realize and know just how important it is for him to be healthy...I've never commented about it before, but in my opinion I hate it when they QB sneak Rodgers, risking too much...the dependency on Rodgers is so OBVIOUS with him leaving the game, Why the F are you scrambling down the middle of the field RODGERS!?!?!? C'mon dude! Head on a swivel slide down when you get the first, live to see another down...Rodgers is a helluva a QB & a BALLER (competitor)...but that crap has got to stop...I DON'T CARE he has over 300 rushing yards or whatever rushing TOUCHDOWNS...EITHER MM has to get it in Rodger's head or Rodgers is going to have to figure it out himself...

Rodgers has to be healthy for the Packers to have a chance for WIN...NO RODGERS=NO SEASON...WAKE UP u 2!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that MM has been telling Rodgers for A LONG time now that Rodgers NEEDS to slide. Rodgers is just plain ignoring him. Maybe this will be a bit of a reality check to him, and might dent his ego a bit. Hopefully, anyway

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Rodgers's first concussion occur during a QB sneak? It's not just plays like the QB sneak or the play yesterday that I question, it's not even a question of Rodgers himself. As a QB he's going to have to make those plays from time to time. It's the lack of protection he gets from his O line that quite honestly terrifies me. We have an elite QB here, they absolutely must protect him. I'm not saying he is fragile, I am saying he is precious to the future of this organization as well as his fans. I think that is one of the most important things they need to work on during the off season.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to be honest, without Rodgers are team is garbage...yea the D can play well, but there's only so much our D can do

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I agree the O Line needs to be addressed. Do whatever is necessary bust out the big $$ if you have to, bring in a stud O Line coach, and get some quality rocks to protect him. Tired of seeing him always scrambling for his life.

What's funny is Brady is having a career season is because the dude has the best O-Line in the NFL. Until this week, Rodgers wasn't far behind him, and he's playing behind garbage.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the O Line needs to be addressed. Do whatever is necessary bust out the big $$ if you have to, bring in a stud O Line coach, and get some quality rocks to protect him. Tired of seeing him always scrambling for his life.

What's funny is Brady is having a career season is because the dude has the best O-Line in the NFL. Until this week, Rodgers wasn't far behind him, and he's playing behind garbage.

Man, could you imagine A-Rod behind an 'elite' OL :happy0005:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Didn't Rodgers's first concussion occur during a QB sneak? It's not just plays like the QB sneak or the play yesterday that I question, it's not even a question of Rodgers himself. As a QB he's going to have to make those plays from time to time. It's the lack of protection he gets from his O line that quite honestly terrifies me. We have an elite QB here, they absolutely must protect him. I'm not saying he is fragile, I am saying he is precious to the future of this organization as well as his fans. I think that is one of the most important things they need to work on during the off season.

His first concussion ocurred against the Redskins after he threw an interception and was nailed by a Redskin player. It was not the case of Aaron running down the middle of the field and not sliding. By the way, Rodgers was throwing the pass to make up for two missed kicks by a kicker who's name I won't mention.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we should've blown out the redskins, but that was a time when MM gameplanned around finley & forgot that greg jennings was on the team

L

Lunchboxer

Actually his first concussion happened at the end of that Cardnals playoff game last year.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't recall another QB suffering that many concussions in one year...did they change the helmets this season or something? B/C as of right now compared to last year the # of concussions is more then 20% then last year over the same # of games....something's up

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Actually his first concussion happened at the end of that Cardnals playoff game last year.

Was at the game, was it the result or trying to run down field, or was it the last play of the game which was a sack/fumble/bounce off the foot interception?

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't recall another QB suffering that many concussions in one year...did they change the helmets this season or something? B/C as of right now compared to last year the # of concussions is more then 20% then last year over the same # of games....something's up

I saw that too, I forgot about Rogers 1st concussion vs Arizona. 3 concussions in less the a calendar year is very concerning since it seems like some guys are more prone to concussions...not sure if there is any empirical data to back that claim up but it does seem to me that some guys are prone to concussions.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
All really good points in this thread. I heard Colledge might not play. I'm looking forward to Spitz, McDonald or Newhouse getting in there so we can have a look at 'em.
If I'm mad at anybody in this game it's Rodgers, he took a shot to the thigh on his previous run. He should have been thinking after that play that bad stuff CAN and DOES happen in the open field. I wonder if he saw Suh shove Cutler like a rag doll. I know he's a competitor and he's trying to do too much. Well he accomplished that, he did too much and the team lost out.
As for the line, that was the ugliest display of opponents domination I can remember. I'm really hoping we take another stud tackle in this draft. I believe the meat and fire we need in the middle is already on the team, their just not playing them right now.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All really good points in this thread. I heard Colledge might not play. I'm looking forward to Spitz, McDonald or Newhouse getting in there so we can have a look at 'em.
If I'm mad at anybody in this game it's Rodgers, he took a shot to the thigh on his previous run. He should have been thinking after that play that bad stuff CAN and DOES happen in the open field. I wonder if he saw Suh shove Cutler like a rag doll. I know he's a competitor and he's trying to do too much. Well he accomplished that, he did too much and the team lost out.
As for the line, that was the ugliest display of opponents domination I can remember. I'm really hoping we take another stud tackle in this draft. I believe the meat and fire we need in the middle is already on the team, their just not playing them right now.

you mean TJ lang? I completely agree...I don't understand how Lang filled in pretty well as a 4th round pick last year...to next to no playing time at all this year? I know he had a wrist injury but the dude can help out this meager line...DC will hopefully lose his job after this season

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Well yes, but to be honest, I really hate to think of using tackles as guards. But you are correct on that, you have to play your best lineman no matter what.
I just can't get past the fear of losing Clifton, which is still possible of course. Do you move Lang over there or do you switch Bulaga and put Lang at right? I guess we worry about that when it happens.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
you mean TJ lang? I completely agree...I don't understand how Lang filled in pretty well as a 4th round pick last year...to next to no playing time at all this year? I know he had a wrist injury but the dude can help out this meager line...DC will hopefully lose his job after this season

I too thought it was odd..

But this is where the coaches that see him practice and see him in film sessions come in..

We do not see that stuff, so for ME I TRUST in them to put the best players in

If posters think the coaches are wrong, either one of two things.

#1- Posters should be NFL coaches, and should apply
#2-Posters just think they know more then a NFL coach

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I too thought it was odd..

But this is where the coaches that see him practice and see him in film sessions come in..

We do not see that stuff, so for ME I TRUST in them to put the best players in

If posters think the coaches are wrong, either one of two things.

#1- Posters should be NFL coaches, and should apply
#2-Posters just think they know more then a NFL coach
Boy that's a real kick in the seat LTF. I agree of course, but isn't that half the fun of a forum? I like to second guess like most, and everyone here wants to think they know the game.
Every now and again a poster gets it right and they should be able to enjoy it. Even if they just guessed.
Nobody is perfect, not even NFL coaches or personnel men, that's why they get fired. I'm pretty good at what I do, I've never been fired.
Just because I didn't follow that career path doesn't mean I'm not capable. I've never played polo either, but I bet if I was even a little interested in it I could become proficient in aspects of it and whatnot.
I think Packers fans are among the most knowledgeable football fans around, gotta give them the benefit of the doubt don't you think?
Besides, nobody in the world is going to change my stubborn mind that Jordy Nelson is the better receiver than James Jones. Am I right? I dunno, I guess I have to be an NFL coach to have a firm opinion.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy that's a real kick in the seat LTF. I agree of course, but isn't that half the fun of a forum? I like to second guess like most, and everyone here wants to think they know the game.
Every now and again a poster gets it right and they should be able to enjoy it. Even if they just guessed.
Nobody is perfect, not even NFL coaches or personnel men, that's why they get fired. I'm pretty good at what I do, I've never been fired.
Just because I didn't follow that career path doesn't mean I'm not capable. I've never played polo either, but I bet if I was even a little interested in it I could become proficient in aspects of it and whatnot.
I think Packers fans are among the most knowledgeable football fans around, gotta give them the benefit of the doubt don't you think?
Besides, nobody in the world is going to change my stubborn mind that Jordy Nelson is the better receiver than James Jones. Am I right? I dunno, I guess I have to be an NFL coach to have a firm opinion.

Why do you think Nelson is better?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I think Jordy is better only because he seems to be more consistent

Now if JJ could stop his fumbles, then I think he is better

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Why do you think Nelson is better?
He's got a couple of inches on Jones but he's as quick and has more sure hands. I wish there was a statistic to show drops. It seems in today's computer age we'd have that.
I see heartbreaking drops from Jones, never see that with Nelson, that guy is solid.
Size matters! Jordy is the tallest receiver on the team, he can snag the leap balls.
I guess in limited opportunities he's done more with less than JJ has. I know that's unfair because Jordy get's his in unsuspecting roles, still....
The dude can play and I love me those sure hands.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's got a couple of inches on Jones but he's as quick and has more sure hands. I wish there was a statistic to show drops. It seems in today's computer age we'd have that.
I see heartbreaking drops from Jones, never see that with Nelson, that guy is solid.
Size matters! Jordy is the tallest receiver on the team, he can snag the leap balls.
I guess in limited opportunities he's done more with less than JJ has. I know that's unfair because Jordy get's his in unsuspecting roles, still....
The dude can play and I love me those sure hands.

For some reason I have never been a fan of Jordy and have thought of him as a bust. Maybe its because he was the worst returner ever last season.

Members online

Latest posts