1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm actually glad this happened.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Brandon, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Brandon

Brandon Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    I wasn't looking forward to watching Peyton put up 60 points on our defense in the super bowl.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  2. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,901
    Isn't it better to get to the dance, then to be sitting at home watching it???

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,290

Unless you are dancing with a bunch of grenades or uggo's.

4. Brandon

Brandon Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    Aaron Rodgers or not, that dance would be like watching Michael J Fox competing with Paula Abdul. Let Peyton get his second super bowl so he can retire, get the green and gold healthy for next year, stack up on defensive players and for Pete sake put stock in a decent backup QB.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    If the Pack don't make it to the SB, I'll be sure to check local listings for the Puppy and Kitten Bowls.
    http://www.businessweek.com/article...-dot-kitten-bowl-the-2014-super-bowl-showdown

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +216
    I'm only glad it did. Because it has finally magnified how awful our defense is. And hopefully they finally start making changes and fire Capers first. And show TT that bringing in a few free agents is not a bad thing. We could use some experience players on our defense. That's who the young guys will learn from

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Looking at the rankings, our defense is average. Yes, it would be nice for it to be better, but it's not horrible and it played well enough to get a win last week under the normal circumstances of Rodgers being the QB.

8. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,901
    Yee with no faith......where were you all in 2010/11? Ok, so I am an optimist, but things looked rather bleak back then and we turned it around! Can you all imagine having a "Caperless defense" for the Superbowl against Manning and the Broncos? I smell shut-out!! :sneaky:

9. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    My initial reaction is to point out how underwhelming Manning's performance has been in the playoffs and suggest that he probably won't get to the Super Bowl. Then I remembered how bad the rest of the AFC is.

10. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,290
    Exactly.

11. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +417
    Peyton Manning playing outdoors in January and February isn't the sure thing everyone seems to think it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    Peyton doesn't do well in the post season, how else could the Colts have beaten him earlier in the season. The Colts ramped up the hysteria and made a regular sunday night game feel like a playoff game.

The AFC is always predicable same teams year in and year out making the playoffs maybe with a one surprise here and there. The NFC is the better conference because each division is always up for grabs and you never know who'll surprise everyone which that award goes to Carolina this year.

13. Brandon

Brandon Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    While this may be true, you have to throw away his statistical performances of the past- he's with a new team now. His receiving core is arguably better than it was with the colts, his o-line is just as good if not better, his running attack is better. More to the point let's look at the other side of the ball; If Peyton is somehow lackluster (and even if he is, whoever he's facing likely will perform on par if not worse) they have the #4 ranked defense against the run.

Take shots all you want against their opponents in the AFC, this team is Super Bowl bound. Kansas City is a ruse, and the Patriots, while potentially being a real threat (we'll find out soon), aren't wholly together in my opinion to square off against the Broncos. So when the Broncos do reach the big dance (and they will) I could see maybe Carolina's defense getting the job done even more effectively than Seattle's.

*gasp*

Did I just make a bold prediction? Yup, you saw it here first folks. Assuming Green Bay doesn't make the playoffs (and I hope I'm wrong) I predict the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos at the end of the line.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    If you really are glad the Packers are losing, I'm sure the Browns could use a few more fans.
    They will give you much happiness of not facing elite QBs in the SB and hope for personal changes every week. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    I'm glad also. Now we can finally find out what we have in Tolzien. Think we will trade Rodgers if he continues to develop? I'm sure we can get at least 4 first round picks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    4?
    Try 12.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. sjb12681

sjb12681 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +151
    Just for the record, I live in indy and have watched manning most of my adult life.

Great qb. Will NOT win a sb in ny in feb weather. It is day vs night when the playoffs and cold weather are a factor.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +352
    I know you like ragging on the Browns FF. But they have a motherlode of draft picks coming into a QB laden draft. Norv is a great QB educator.

19. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    They are the Cubs of football.
    When they start winning, I'll stop ragging.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +352
    Fair enough.

21. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    It's only better if you win. Losing the dance means crap.

22. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    There are at least people alive who watched the Browns win a championship.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. sjb12681

sjb12681 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +151
    There isnt film around since the Cubs won a Championship.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +417
    You're missing the point. My comment wasn't about Mannings' past playoff performances; it was about the fact that he's a relatively weak-armed, thirty-seven year old QB who must play numerous playoff games (including the Super Bowl, if applicable) outdoors in the cold.

25. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    Things change.