I want the Packers to lose so I'm right

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the 'fans' want to change coaches already.

I saw a pretty good football game today. Last couple of years Jon Gruden was less than .500, but I see today they are doing pretty well. I guess their fans didn't quit on the coach or the team, unlike the so-called best fans in the country.

If 95 year old Rob Davis could snap, Longwell could kick it straight and the game is tied, maybe a win. If Longwell could kick a field goal, maybe we win. If Walker isn't hurt, he catches the pass thats intercepted. If the Packers hadn't been jobbed on the Griese fumble, the Packers would have won, and the 'fans' would be speculating that Lindy Infante would return to coach to Packers in a couple of weeks. :roll:

I find it curious that no one seems to be blaming Ted Thompson for any of this, considering that better than 1/5th of the roster is rookies.
Brett Favre throws three interceptions...no one is calling for Rodgers...should we?

Ahman Green looks slower than hell. Three of the five starters on the offensive line(four with Barry) are back from last year's 'best line in football) Klemm is a veteran. Davenport looks lost. Maybe it isn't the line. Fisher isn't playing like last year.

Sorry, I'm not giving up yet. I saw a pretty good team play another one today.

If you want to whine about coaches, well, have fun.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net if my grandma has wheels she might be a motorcicle.... We have serious coaching problems, it is not TT´s fault that Shermy totally messes the salary cap situation and made some very bad draft picks, signed a bunch of punks, like Cletidus, etc, etc, etc....

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
If 95 year old Rob Davis could snap, Longwell could kick it straight and the game is tied, maybe a win. If Longwell could kick a field goal, maybe we win. If Walker isn't hurt, he catches the pass thats intercepted. If the Packers hadn't been jobbed on the Griese fumble, the Packers would have won, and the 'fans' would be speculating that Lindy Infante would return to coach to Packers in a couple of weeks. :roll:

Lots of "ifs" there. Now, how doyou fix it?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forgot to mention that we missed Bubba Franks too :)

Today's loss was frustrating because we had opportunities to win the game and still lost, but if we can get today's effort for every game I'll be satisfied. I wasn't happy with the effort in either of the first two games.

I'd like to see today's effort for every game the rest of the season, and see weekly improvement from the young guys. Then let the chips fall where they may, because I think we'd be in the majority of the games if those 2 things happened.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Net - If my Grandma has wheels she might be a motorcycle......

NOW - THAT'S DOWN RIGHT FUNNY - IN ANYONE'S HAND BOOK - TOTALLY... SPOT ON.....

What's more - this time around, Net - he's right.

This crapola I keep seein' all over the Internet about how the Coaches deserve a free pass for tactical whatever..... is totally ludicrous. Short yardage pass situations "are" hamstringing Brett Favre. That much is totally apparent. Screen passes and the Tiger-set for the Packers is verbotten according to the Tom Rossley mindset - of which (apparently) you are a kool-aid drinker.... and what's more I KNOW you, after a fashion, and I've pretty much liked what you posted elsewhere, previously....... and now, all of a sudden (?), I have to read this tripe? Whoa, big fella, let's back up a few steps into the limelight .....

GET THIS - FOR ALL YOU CHEESEHEADS - AND GET IT GOOD....

I don't care to hear who disagrees.. Tom Rossley does NOT like Brett Favre and has always been jealous of his fandom amongst the public since whenever... Add to that, the fact that he has gone out of his way to hamstring a 3xMVP ProBowl Player because of said jealousy.... We've seen that with the Marty Schottenheimer play calling tactics for "four years now" by this wannabe OC..... He's no Sherm Lewis by any stretch of the imagination! You say "jealousy"? -- I say YES. The guy had NO experience previously and he must have had conversation with Favre at the outset which put him off his feeed and his EGO decided that Brett needed to be taken down a peg or two... and since he's in a new position of power which Players cannot fight back against... without retribution.. then who's above the law? Tom Rossley!

Here's the deal - Do you see a "go for it" attitude with the play calling or not?

Brett's a gunslinger - you know it - I know it - so does the Coaching Staff.

What's more, Tm Rossley does NOT interpret the Tiger-set (meaning Tight-end) mentality of a football game.... (yes, we have tight-ends, which are NEVER made use of at any time) ....which is why, after 2003, we no longer see passes into the red zone to Bubba Franks. Have any of you seen any of the like since that Season? Get with it - I mean with regularity? Well, there's the evidence to take into accountance..... Spock Logic rears its novel head once again.....

I do not, for one moment... forgive Favre for not taking time to re-read his options out there - when he should have today on at least 12 - 15 different plays today. That being said - after a time, a Player, any Player including Brett Favre, still gets a mindset that the Coaches are NOT being faithful, or... are being weak. (You saw the screamin' out there)

THAT's "damn sure" what we saw today!

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
I see the 'fans' want to change coaches already.

I saw a pretty good football game today. Last couple of years Jon Gruden was less than .500, but I see today they are doing pretty well. I guess their fans didn't quit on the coach or the team, unlike the so-called best fans in the country.

Not to draw the thread off-topic, but there are legions of Buc fans who think that Gruden is disassembling Dungy's Super Bowl Championship team.

They don't seem to understand that operating without the normal number of draft picks (because of the compensation to the Raiders for Gruden) forced the front office into some chancy deals intended to fill the roles normally filled by quality draft picks.

The Packers' struggles were relatively predictable given the changes of offensive line along with the fact that your secondary is weak. The difference between a conference champion and a cellar dweller has never been slimmer than it is in the new NFL where parity rules.

Don't change coaches unless you're pretty sure that you're getting a better coach (adding Bates to coach the defense should help, IMO)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good comment - and I totally agree.....

Never wish for some thing when you aren't sure of what it is...

Better the devil you know....eh?

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
net if my grandma has wheels she might be a motorcicle.... We have serious coaching problems, it is not TT´s fault that Shermy totally messes the salary cap situation and made some very bad draft picks, signed a bunch of punks, like Cletidus, etc, etc, etc....

I agree with you, Chamuko. Great line on your Grandma...Reminds me of the line "If your Aunt had balls she would be your uncle" :lol: .

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net, it's difficult to reason with unreasonable people. If you have an attention span of 90 seconds you don't have much patience with anyone or anything. Right now it doesn't look good for #13, so I guess the bashers ought to move to hockey and forget about football until the next draft.

So, do you think we should take a QB or a defensive lineman with our #1 next spring???

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko-
Your rants might be funny if not for the fact that Tom Rossley was in the hospital with chest pains during the first half.

I don't want to go into a long-winded(unlike yours) explanation of the Packers offense, except the loses of Wahle and Rivera still haven't been overcome. Those decisions were Ted Thompson's not Mike Sherman's.

The last two years, the Packers were considered the best "screen" team in the NFL...yup...with Rossley in the offense....

I guess I don't see the same Packers games you do.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
except the loses of Wahle and Rivera still haven't been overcome. Those decisions were Ted Thompson's not Mike Sherman's.

Why do people keep crying about Wahle and Rivera? We never would have been able to keep them. We had Wahle for an option year in his contract but the option wasn't exercised because Wahle said he wouldn't play for that. He mentioned numerous times that he wanted to leave GB. Plus, thier was no way in hell we could have played with the deal Rivera got in Dallas. Rivera was a good player but not for that kind of money. It doesn't matter who the GM was, we never would have been able to keep either one.

We need to let Rivera and Wahle go. They aren't the reason Ahman Green looks slow. They aren't the reason our QB is throwing into double and triple coverage.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Chamuko-
Your rants might be funny if not for the fact that Tom Rossley was in the hospital with chest pains during the first half.

I don't want to go into a long-winded(unlike yours) explanation of the Packers offense, except the loses of Wahle and Rivera still haven't been overcome. Those decisions were Ted Thompson's not Mike Sherman's.

The last two years, the Packers were considered the best "screen" team in the NFL...yup...with Rossley in the offense....

I guess I don't see the same Packers games you do.

So, Mike Sherman spends the greater portion of 5 years disassembling a Superbowl caliber team and you give him a free pass and put the blame on Thompson? Wow. When are people going to wake up and realize that any success the Packers have had in the last several years was IN SPITE of Sherman and Rossley? Where exactly did you want Thompson to come up with the money to pay Wahle and Rivera? Sherman destroyed the salary cap with his poor FA signings and overall poor decisions. I forgot, Thompson should have sweet-talked Wahle and Rivera into staying in Green Bay to play for peanuts.

Also, let's not forget all of the people that Sherman has run out of town.. and not even just the players. Doesn't anyone remember the comments that departed coaches have made about Sherman and his cronies? God, it makes me physically ill to think how putzes like Rossley (and Slowik when he was here) were hired because Sherman put his friendships in front of the fans, players, and everything else. Pathetic.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am with you on that one Lambeau. You know, net, one might argue that many of the so-called pessimists are merely reporting the non-sugar coated game they witness on TV. As a coach with a less than talented team that you know will make some mistakes along the way, I think it is incumbent upon a coach to minimize the coaching mistakes that can crop up on game day.

There is no defending his decision to forego the 2 point conversion. Nothing to lose everything to gain.

Two weeks in a row, he blow an opportunity that screams for the 2-minute offense...something Favre did magnificently until the arrival of MS.

Yes, the players on offense have been a huge letdown, but for you to willingly overlook the HUGE mistakes Sherman/Rossley has made in recent weeks is almost laughable.

Never discount the value of good coaching. Bates is squeezing water out of a rock and putting a decent defnse on the field as of late...Sherman, by contrast, could not squeeze a drop out of a sopping wet sponge.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon guys.......for Christ's sake...you could hate him all you want but don't revise history. Leaper, I love ya my man but that 8-8 team he took over was hardly "Super Bowl quality".

And IPB...."Rossley doesn't like Favre"....how do you know this? Is he on web sites screaming that Favre should be fired every week? Rossley visited Favre a few times this offseason at his home to see how he was doing. They are actually pretty close. Read what Brett said about him this week. Apparently they like each other or Brett Favre is a flaming liar.

As for you Chamuko some people that disagree with you might respond to your comment with something like....I heard your grandma has been ridden more than a motorcycle.......but I'm WAY above that!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
And IPB...."Rossley doesn't like Favre"....how do you know this? Is he on web sites screaming that Favre should be fired every week? Rossley visited Favre a few times this offseason at his home to see how he was doing. They are actually pretty close. Read what Brett said about him this week. Apparently they like each other or Brett Favre is a flaming liar.!

I knew this was comin'..... --- Here's the deal...

Rossley has yet to allow Brett Favre to ever truly call his own Plays.
I have yet to see it - there are times when Brett can pull off an improv, but otherwise the leash is very very short... so much that we've seen reports in previous years of Brett going out of his way to sit down with Rossley personally to discuss - and then the next game, we're back to our winning ways... as has been said.. "despite" Mike Sherman and Tom Rossley. THIS YEAR, however, Mike Sherman has updated his Corporate protocol to run interference with Rossley and Favre... as we saw on a recent article.... The vanilla play calling isn't by any stretch of the imagination... anything like what we saw with Brett and Holmgren.. and we hear Brett chantin the Corporate policy of Team-Player..... Personally, I think it's all a put-on. Rossley went to see Favre - woohoo, what a showdown.. pretentious at best...

Now, to be fair, especially to Brett - .......Brett, himself, has recently been quoted as complimentary to... Tom Rossley. I guess, we could be magnanimous about the whole situation with hearing such conversation by Brett.... in print.

But, let's be fair to ourselves along the way, as well.

Did Brett Favre suffer the type of play-calling we've seen with this OC back when Sherm Lewis was around? Hardly... The evidence is pretty clear to more than just myself and Brett's had to jump thru some corporate hoops in the last five years that we did not see previous to the MS regime.... Before hand, it was all football... Now, it certainly seems different.. to more than just me....

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fine....if you think Rossley sucks just say it. Don't pretend you have some inside information or come up with some conspiracy theory about how Rossley doesn't like Favre. It takes credibility away from the rest of your posts.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
C'mon guys.......for Christ's sake...you could hate him all you want but don't revise history. Leaper, I love ya my man but that 8-8 team he took over was hardly "Super Bowl quality".

Who's revising history? You think Ray Rhodes brought that team UP to 8-8? Maybe "Superbowl quality" is exaggerating a bit, but they were way more talented than 8-8. You can't honestly tell me we are as talented now as we were back then. Just look at the players we've lost in Sherman's tenure and who he has replaced them with. Not only the players, but when coaches leave and say things like "he is hard to work for because he doesn't take any of his assistants feedback" you have lose at least a little faith. You could make a list a mile long with the people that are now gone and busts that Sherman has brought in.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"You could make a list a mile long with the people that are now gone and busts that Sherman has brought in."

LL,

Who are these replacement busts that you are talking about?

Sherman upgraded a few positins and down graded others... Who hasn't?

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm...where do I begin?

Look at Sherman's drafts, for one. With the exception of Walker he has had mostly misses. A couple of guys have been serviceable, but NO studs besides Walker in 5 years. I'd hardly call the vast majority of Sherman's moves "upgrades". Unless you think Joe Johnson, R-Kal Truluck, Chukie Nworkie, Mark Roman, Nick Luchey, Hannibal Navies, Hardy Nickerson, Matt O'Dwyer, Adrian Klemm etc etc have been "upgrades" then I guess I'm crazy.

Of course everyone is going to have misses or busts, but Obi, you make it sound like the Packers have stayed pretty much "even keel" under the watch of MS. Are we talking about the same team?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LL,

He DID bring in Walker, an upgrade(HUGE) from Schroeder, Ferguson, again an upgrade from Schroeder. Discarded an old and slow Freeman, Levens and a distraction in Chmura.

He also brought in Green, Barnett, & Diggs, again upgrades.

Yes he missed some but I think he has done the best he could with what was available.

Do I like him as a coach or GM? Not REALLY, but I don't see too many out there who are aviulable that would be better for the Packers.

I DO like the current set up though where he is JUST the coach.

I am forced to asjk the question. "Is it really Sherman/Rossley, et al or is it the Packer team is just getting old W/O the fresh legs who are ready to step in?"

I am sure that will raise many more questions but that is how I feel... The veteran leadership is getting old and the younger players are NOT quite ready to play up to the level of the old vets in the way that we are accustommed to seeing them.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't that Green trade Ron Wolf? If I recall correctly, he was still the GM at the time. And I personally don't think Barnett is all that great, he looks lost out there. Also, Schroeder at least has managed to put up a 12TD 1000yd season - the only thing Ferguson has matched Schroeder with is the ability to **** off Favre. Anyways, I know it's not 100% Shermans fault. There's a lot of frustration on this board, and rightly so, but the problem doesn't lie in one area. And, in my opinion, it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. Favre is/was a major reason FA's would come to Green Bay and I can't see him coming back after this year. Hopefully TT is worth his salt and will get us back to respectability sooner than later.

Latest posts