1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I Swear

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by greenandgold, Sep 18, 2011.

1. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    I won't have any fingernails left by season end if every game is going to be like the last two.

2. Unomee

Unomee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    Another win; will take it. Like to see more td's than fg's though.

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    I have a feeling the Bears will be out for revenge.
    Better get some of those fake nails for next week.

Or go to your nearby hardware store and get some of those nails.
    Of course you won't have any teeth left if you chew on those kind of nails.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Have to remember guys, we have a target on our backs.

EVERYBODY is going to be giving it 100% against the defending Super Bowl champions!

Last year, look at all the crappy teams that gave the Saints a run. The 49ers, Cardinals, Cleveland.....They even lost to two of the worst teams last season (Cardinals and Browns)

• Like Like x 1
  5. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yup, what I was saying earlier- 9 points on 4 turn overs is pathetic. This game should have been a blow out. Not in panick mode yet, but two huge showings by two opposing quarterbacks in consecutive weeks gives me reason for pause.

6. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    That's why they're called "The Heart-Attack Pack".

• Like Like x 1
  7. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    I was never really that scared of losing this game. Now both the bear games at the end of last season is another story.

8. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I swear these guys are trying to send my *** to anger management. Somethings that happened today had me near hair pulling mode. lol. Hopefully we can put some pressure on Cutler early next week and force some turnovers. I need a good solid game that doesnt have my heart going crazy. But it is the bears and they always play us good. Its going to be a long week to say the least.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Trust in Capers.

10. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I hate when fans don't recognize when their team got beat. The excuse is always that their team played poorly, not the opposing team playing well.
    I think it's a bit of both this week. We all know the Packers passing game is normally far more accurate. That wasn't their D, it was Rodgers having an off night. I know all teams have to adjust for injuries but not having Tramon this week against a red hot QB hampered Dom somewhat.
    I would have expected a loss from most teams after the start of our team in the first half. In fact, not so long ago this would have spelled doom for the Pack. Pretty remarkable to hold on for the win on the road. I sure would like one nice blowout one of these days though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +186
    I am confused about the above? the packers won the game.

12. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    This was me... *ring ring mom calls* "Hey mom, how's it OH ******* GOD DAMNIT WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" no joke...

• Like Like x 3
  13. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Is your ma not a Packer fan?? !! Too funny she called during the game!

She may be a little more cautious next time...:confused:

14. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,987
    I had something similar happen during the game. Mother in law called. Daughter answered the phone. Daughter comes over to me holding the phone and says Mother in law wants advice on how to do something on Facebook. I said (a little too loud) "Sheesh, I'm trying to watch the game. Can't your Mother help her?" Mother in law hung up on daughter. Haven't heard back from her since.... I suppose I'm in the dog house. But given a choice between a Mother in law and the Packers...wellllll....just sayin'...

• Like Like x 1
  15. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    My dad called me on Saturday at 4:45 pm PST, asking me if I wanted to go help him work on one of his rental properties. "Dad, I have plans, sorry."
    "What are you doing?" he asked.
    "Well, dad, the Packers are playing, so I'm watching football."
    "Do you think the problem gives a sh*t about football?"
    "Well, no, but I already made plans. Sorry."
    -click-

• Like Like x 1
  16. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +206
    caller ID comes in handy in those situations if their number isn't blocked. LOL

17. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    True, but in my case, I had already ignored one of his calls previously. He likes to call just to babble about mindless nonsense, which drives me nuts. Unless you're a hot chick, I'm not one for idle chit chat about bullshit. Just get to the point.

But I digress. Since I skipped his call last time, I figured it would be fine this time. Nope.

18. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Forget the call, just show up naked................with beer. I'll get the point.

19. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    If it ain't exciting, it ain't football. If you want calmness become a baseball fan.

20. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Our Defense always starts slow and picks up in the second half of the game. I was a little worried about how lethargic the offense looked last week considering the fast start in week 1.

To be honest, I'm not too worried about the Bears right now. If our offense shows up early like they did in week 1, there shouldn't be much issue. I just hope Tramon is ready to go on Sunday and I hope Peprah can perform.

Saints run a very similar high power spread offense that we do and they did just fine. And it appears that the offensive line is still as bad as it was last year so I don't think we'll have a whole lot of trouble getting to Cutler.