1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I must have a heart condition..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by c33j44y, Nov 15, 2011.

1. c33j44y

c33j44y Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    ..because everytime I see Randall Cobb lined up to return a punt, I'm on the edge of my seat. I get that queasy feeling associated with the realization there may be a possible fumble.

Granted he is a rookie, and a productive one at that, Randall has the talent and the energy to make any Green Bay fan proud on special teams. However, does anyone else see a particular problem with how he's been fielding punts this season? I only expect him to improve from where we are at. The shutout of the Minnesota Vikings would have made it a little bit sweeter though.

2. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Naw, It'll be fixed. I like how they showed him pacing back and forth before the kickoff following the touchdown. You could see a mix of anger and determination on his face, like, I am going to take this ball to the house. He almost did.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SyX

SyX Stranger in a strange land

Ratings:
    +90
    You could have David Reed returning kicks like the Ravens did in Seattle. I'm pretty sure he had to walk home. Cobb will work on it and get better.

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    Yeah. Get rid of him. He is no good. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I want to keep him, cause the kid is going to be a star. a kick off return, a punt return, and he does manage to get good yardage.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    I liked it better when Nelson and tramon returned kicks

7. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I love to watch him. A real threat to score each time.

8. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    I like Cobb, always wonderin when hes going to break free for a TD, never had that feeling with Nelson or Williams

9. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    I like Cobb and think he will be our Devin Hester,only difference between the two is Cobb is good at w.r.

• Like Like x 1
  10. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    I'm with you to be sure...but he's an excitable kid...he'll be fine and as he matures, we'll just have to chew our fingernails down to the second knuckle. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    TRADE COBB

HE IS A WASTE OF A DRAFT PICK

NELSON IS BETTER

GET IT DONE, TED!

12. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I think he'll get it figured out. But yeah, kickoff returns are a nail biter. But it was no different than last season when Tramon was back there. Now Cobb isn't all that much better when it comes to not muffing punts, but he is better at getting solid yardage after he gets it.

What I find nice about Cobb is that after he muffs one, he takes the next one and goes beast mode. If only the coaches can figure out how to get Cobb to run pissed off like that without costing us points, we'll be ballin

• Like Like x 3
  13. c33j44y

c33j44y Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    haha, love all your guys replies. I have to say I'm thrilled we picked this guy up in the draft. It's almost as if we got a steal, no other teams had their sights set on him yet he's carrying himself as a true Packer. I do think he will be able to improve, he's a young and talented player. However, it's just interesting to see how all of us are so scrutinizing of our lagging defense (last night's game made me sleep better) yet there are some key issues needing to be resolved on special teams.

I mean ... WE ALMOST HAD A DAMN SHUT-OUT! :( ;)

• Like Like x 1