I keep hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Wanted to ask this question. Who do we think is the next GM once Ted retires? The two hot names I'm hearing are Wolf and I think the other guy's name is Schneider. If it's down to these two, I would give Wolf the shot because of what his Dad did in Green Bay, and the fact that he's learned from Ted.

I would also venture to throw in the name of a Wild Card in this scenario. I think Oakland Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie is a real possibility and here's why: Ted was with the organization, left for Seattle became the GM and came back, kind of like what McKenzie has done in Oakland.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion on this one.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hey gang,

Wanted to ask this question. Who do we think is the next GM once Ted retires? The two hot names I'm hearing are Wolf and I think the other guy's name is Schneider. If it's down to these two, I would give Wolf the shot because of what his Dad did in Green Bay, and the fact that he's learned from Ted.

I would also venture to throw in the name of a Wild Card in this scenario. I think Oakland Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie is a real possibility and here's why: Ted was with the organization, left for Seattle became the GM and came back, kind of like what McKenzie has done in Oakland.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion on this one.

First of all I hope Eliot Wolf doesn't become the Packers next GM because of what his father did. It's possible he'll get the job based on his credentials though.

BTW John Schneider, who is currently the Seahawks GM, worked 11 years with the Packers (five of those under Thompson) as a scout, personnel analyst to the GM and director of football operations.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all I hope Eliot Wolf doesn't become the Packers next GM because of what his father did. It's possible he'll get the job based on his credentials though.

BTW John Schneider, who is currently the Seahawks GM, worked 11 years with the Packers (five of those under Thompson) as a scout, personnel analyst to the GM and director of football operations.

Wolf is not someone I want to be GM....I fear he'd sacrifice the future at the cost of maybe 1 season....do I want someone more aggressive than Ted? Sure, but we've seen time and time again what happens when teams only chase the high dollar FA or overspend all the time (Dallas last 10 years.....)

D

Deleted member 6794

Wolf is not someone I want to be GM....I fear he'd sacrifice the future at the cost of maybe 1 season....do I want someone more aggressive than Ted? Sure, but we've seen time and time again what happens when teams only chase the high dollar FA or overspend all the time (Dallas last 10 years.....)

Wolf has worked under Thompson since he became the Packers GM. That's why I guess he would take a similar approach to the one TT is running the franchise. It's no secret I would like the team to be more aggressive in free agency though so I probably would prefer Schneider to take over once Thompson retires.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wolf has worked under Thompson since he became the Packers GM. That's why I guess he would take a similar approach to the one TT is running the franchise. It's no secret I would like the team to be more aggressive in free agency though so I probably would prefer Schneider to take over once Thompson retires.

Schneider is a good example of pushing the gas some but never forgetting to have the brake pedal ready to depress as well. TT is the kinda person that rides the breaks, even when pushing the gas. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts