I hope we can somehow draft Denzel Perryman

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes gonna be the next Ray Lewis. Our Middle Linebacker woes would be cured in one shot with this guy.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Hes gonna be the next Ray Lewis. Our Middle Linebacker woes would be cured in one shot with this guy.

Your preaching to the choir. I've been hooting about Denzal Perryman for months on here.

I love "4.5 enforcer speed" in the middle.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if he'll be there in the late 1st round?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I wonder if he'll be there in the late 1st round?

Right now most have him going in the 1st-2nd round but it's just too early to tell. Benardrick Mckinney and Erick Kendricks are rated higher in some draft boards.

I think Mckinney and Kendricks will measure out better in combine so it bodes well for Perryman slipping cause some will be turned off by his height. I have watched all three play a lot this year and I see Perryman as the best instinctively and of course at "bringing the wood". He IMO is also the best at getting off blocks. He can go "sideline to sideline" and covers well.

If you want what I think is a sure thing 3 down ILB perfect for a 3-4 I think Perryman is the guy hands down. line him up in between Peppers and Matthews along with Barrington and "play ball",

Mckinney and Kendricks might be the sexier picks after the combine that teams will fall for. Let's hope.

If Perryman is there and TT didn't pull the trigger I would be somewhat devastated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we passed on one elite MLB from the U in Ray Lewis. Lets not make that mistake again, LOL

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Scouts has him rated right now as the 32nd prospect.

It's really early and a lot of things could happen/change and will. But just for fun let's say were drafting 32. My bet is he is on the board.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really early and a lot of things could happen/change and will. But just for fun let's say were drafting 32. My bet is he is on the board.

Whats the chances TT drafts him? In all honesty, if hes sitting there, would he pull the trigger?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Whats the chances TT drafts him? In all honesty, if hes sitting there, would he pull the trigger?

It's a little early to speculate but one would think "the moon and the stars align" this year for getting an ILB like Denzal Perryman.

He drafted a safety in the first round last year. He used a first round pick on A.J Hawk who I think will be gone. He has shown he will trade up to get a guy he wants as he did with Matthews if he thinks it's worth it. With us most likely getting rid of both Hawk and Jones I would have to think he's gotta be aggressive getting another ILB.

I think he would of drafted C.J Mosley Or Ryan Shazier if they were there last year but we needed a safety just as bad, if not more so it worked out and he let Dix drop to us.

I will say this. I think TT will make a move to get an ILB early. If they feel Denzal Perryman is the guy then yes I could see TT pulling the trigger. It makes total sense.

It would fill a need and he would be the best player on the board. Why wouldn't he pull the trigger?

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think there is a way better chance of TT pulling the trigger on a ILB like Denzal Perryman then trying to get one via free agency.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

My biggest fear with Denzal Perryman is that people are starting to figure out this guy might be the next Ray Lewis and he jumps so far up the draft board he becomes out of reach. I've been hot on Denzal Perryman since last years draft.

Our only hope is he is listed at 6'1 but he is really just under 6'0 and has shorter arms. So if he measures out "not that great" at the combine we could get lucky and he remains in striking distance to get.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we passed on one elite MLB from the U in Ray Lewis. Lets not make that mistake again, LOL
No we didnt.

The Packers had Ray Lewis on the phone and told him they were taking him as soon as Baltimore was done picking. Then his other phone rang and the rest is history.

Ray Lewis joining the 96 team? I can promise you TD would not have ran over GB in the 98 SB.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If this guy landed to us it may not be the worse thing either. Talk about a "wide load" that can go and cause some problems. Could do some nice things up front with this Shelton and pick up and ILB later. Perryman and Shelton are the two on my radar. I would be happy with either one. Not gonna get both unless TT pulls out some "trading cards". What I hope they don't do is fall in love with some combine champion.

Last edited:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TBH I think the Packers need to draft not 1, but 2 ILBs this year. Hawk is done, Jones is out of the question. That leaves Sam Barrington and a Carl Bradford as your possible ILBs. Next year will be Peppers' last year almost for sure, unless he retires this year, so Matthews will probably end up moving back outside.

Perryman is not rated that high. Both Draftek and cbssports have him around the #60 player in the draft. I think the ideal situation would be if the Packers could trade back a little bit for a 2nd and 3rd rounder, and pick up Perryman and Eric Kendricks in the 2nd round. Kendricks is one player the scouts aren't consistent in evaluating. Some have him a late 1st rounder, others have him a 3rd rounder.

I think we need them both.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
TBH I think the Packers need to draft not 1, but 2 ILBs this year. Hawk is done, Jones is out of the question. That leaves Sam Barrington and a Carl Bradford as your possible ILBs. Next year will be Peppers' last year almost for sure, unless he retires this year, so Matthews will probably end up moving back outside.

Perryman is not rated that high. Both Draftek and cbssports have him around the #60 player in the draft. I think the ideal situation would be if the Packers could trade back a little bit for a 2nd and 3rd rounder, and pick up Perryman and Eric Kendricks in the 2nd round. Kendricks is one player the scouts aren't consistent in evaluating. Some have him a late 1st rounder, others have him a 3rd rounder.

I think we need them both.

I would be all over getting both those guys. Perryman and Kendricks are the two I like the most but I have seen Perryman listed anywhere from 21st best player to 65th so well see. I think with his measurables at combine and tape he ends up somewhere in earlier to mid 2nd round.

I also think after the combine Shaq Thompson and Benardrick Mckinney will be the first LB's off the board which is also fine with me.

TT likes to draft "production" and Perryman and Kendricks have both piled up lot's of production. I see the most viable long term replacement for Hawk in this years draft being Perryman. McKinney has freaky size and athleticism but scares me and after those two there looks to be a drop off.

Also, don't forget about Joe Thomas as he was having one heck of a camp and could develop into a good player in sub-packages.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw where McShay has Perryman rated as his #1 ILB....

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I saw where McShay has Perryman rated as his #1 ILB....

Here is the deal. He isn't a slam dunk like Mosley and Shazier were last year because of his height and measurables. They say he runs a 4.5 but that was when he was a freshman and he has added a lot of weight(good weight) and he will measure in at around 6'0 I would say with shorter arms then scouts like so we will see. I don't think he will clock 4.5 either. I am not saying this to diminish what I think he could do for our defense but I have seen how this movie plays out. It actually works out to our favor.

Shaq Thomspson is gonna go run a 4.3-4.4 forty on his pro day and scouts will drool at McKinney 6'5 250 and his athleticism. It happens every year. Perryman will at least be in striking distance to be gotten. I think he goes 2nd round but no way at the back of the 2nd round where we will be drafting.

So when McShay puts him as his no.1 ILB it doesn't necessarily mean it computes to him being at top 25 player on the board.

Last edited:

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he's not a first round guy but I'd like the packers to look at Ben Heeney from Kansas.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoever we draft to play inside 1.) We can't miss on and 2.) We HAVE TO make sure they're better than Brad Jones!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I know he's not a first round guy but I'd like the packers to look at Ben Heeney from Kansas.

I like Heeney but these 6 foot 225-230 pound guys are everywhere. He looks to be in the category of too small to play 3 down ILB and maybe too slow to play safety.

For example people thought Chris Borland was too small last year but he weighed in the solid 245-250 range.

I've seen Heeney play in a couple games this year and he is a darn good football player. However I think we already have a faster version of Heeney on the practice squad with Joe Thomas. I want to upgrade the position and while I would have no problem if they brought Heeney in or spent a late draft pick on him, I don't think that alone would be adequately filling the need.

With that said I never bet against guys like Heeney making it.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was the Packers I would draft D line. DE or DT which ever is causing the the problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts