I can't believe what I just heard...

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I was just watching Fox NFL Kickoff with none other that Dave Wannstedt, our old friend from Chicago.

The panel was discussing who has the most dangerous offense in the NFL. Now I don't expect every talking head to puke love for the Packers but Wanny said it was Chicago.

The Chicago Bears is the most dangerous offense in the NFL.

What a complete idiot.

I've never head such a stupid remark on a football show in my life. And that includes Dan Dierdorf. :laugh:

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he meant most dangerous to the team's chances of winning or most dangerous to fans who could be hit by erratic throws.

Sky King

Reaction score
I'll take those two wide receivers, TE, and RB on my team any day. Nevertheless, Cutler skews everything for that unit being truly fearful. The OL is absolutely nothing special either. Maybe Wannstedt owns a Chicago restaurant that needs more business to survive.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Wandstedt still counting that one drug dealing Gangster WR the bears had? He got sent to prison... He shouldnt count

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe what he meant was that they are dangerous because they help catapult other teams into first place.

The best picture I can sum up Chicago with is that you have all of these tools and the guy is standing there scratching his head because he has no idea now to use them. They have some good players, they just don't click.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside of QB they probably are in consideration for the most dangerous offense, but not when you consider Cutler at quarterback. Wannstedt wasn't looking at the forest, just the trees that he wanted to see and not that stubby, deer-topped pine behind the rest of them.

NHPatsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An interesting topic, I have 3 teams I have up for it.

GB -- anyone puts up 50 points twice in a yr has to be mentioned.

Denver -- when healthy very hard stop all 4 receivers, and they look like they found a run game against Miami.

NE -- out scoring the division leaders the last three game by an average if 22 points and layed 34 points on the #1 ranked D.

Those my top 3 ( I of course think NE is the best but I am biased)

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper he may have an argument for them being one of the top offensive units. In reality they have a below average OL and a middle of the road, turn over machine chucking the rock. The numbers don't lie and they have scored 28 points one time this season and that is their single game high. That's right, they have not broke 30 one time this season yet they are the most dangerous O in the league?!?! This strikes me a one of those "man I would like some people to talk about me" comments. Anyone with half a brain would take a number of offensive units over da bears. As they say you can't fix stupid...GPG!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
On paper he may have an argument for them being one of the top offensive units. In reality they have a below average OL and a middle of the road, turn over machine chucking the rock. The numbers don't lie and they have scored 28 points one time this season and that is their single game high. That's right, they have not broke 30 one time this season yet they are the most dangerous O in the league?!?! This strikes me a one of those "man I would like some people to talk about me" comments. Anyone with half a brain would take a number of offensive units over da bears. As they say you can't fix stupid...GPG!
That may no longer be true. from http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2014/11/10/virus-could-be-making-you-dumber/#74686
You may have heard the saying, “You can’t catch stupid” — meant to console you that idiocy is not contagious. But, as it turns out, in a small way it might be.

Scientists have discovered that a foreign virus in some peoples’ throats parallels with those individuals’ poorer cognitive performance. And when mice are given this virus, previously thought to only infect algae, they were slower to learn a maze.

OP
OP
Mklangelo

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did a little more research and all it did was make his statement look more foolish. The Bears are ranked 19th in points scored (21.5 ppg) and to me that's all that matters. Yards are cute but as I have argued before during a total defense discussion yards don't have diddly to do with the score. If one team has 500 yards and 17 points and the other team had 275 yards and 20 points, who won? Exactly. Let's put this into context so we may fully appreciate the level of stupidity Davey has achieved by spewing his verbal diarrhea. The vaunted bears offensive unit ranks behind the following juggernauts. Brian Hoyer and the Browns average 22 ppg and they have done so without their best offensive player all year sans Sunday's game. You read right, the Browns. The Cincinnati Bengals lead by Captain Clutch himself Andy "Red Rocket" Dalton average 22.4 ppg. This team has played without AJ Green a lot this year not to mention Gio. Also, for what it's worth I would straight throat punch anyone who called me red rocket. You do know what that means right Andy? Holy smokes. Moving on to a team that is known for it's defense that also happens to score more than the Bears. The freaking Arizona Cardinals average 21.8 ppg. Yep, the Cards score more per game than the Bears. Still want to stick to your statement Wanny? One more gem before I wrap up. The Chiefs with their "Thank GOD he was the #1 pick" QB Alex Smith score more than the Bears. This generations Trent Dilfer captains a unit that scores more per game than the "most dangerous" unit in the league. The same KCC team that has ZERO touchdowns thrown to a single wideout all year long. That is one of the goofiest damn stats I have ever heard. How on earth can you go 3/4 of the season and not run into one single WR TD pass? Seriously. My brain hurts so I am going to stop now. Mr. Wannstedt you may now go and put your head back in the sand and put that red rocket you have for your former employer away...too much?! GPG!

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dangerous??? Yes the Bears can score a lot of points and are most underestimated.

The Bears are one of those teams that can just all of a sudden beat people when you think they can't

OP
OP
Mklangelo

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Dangerous??? Yes the Bears can score a lot of points and are most underestimated.

The Bears are one of those teams that can just all of a sudden beat people when you think they can't

Not with that QB.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I've always thought that for each hour one watches "The View", one's IQ drops 10 points.

And in a direct relationship, for each moment staring at Kim Kardashian's grotesquely large posterior, one loses 15 IQ points.
Then don't watch this!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts