I am sick of...

KYPackerGuy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, I'm new here so don't flame me too bad but I've been to the great city of GB twice (great, great town - great experience) and I have been a Packer fan since I was in 6th grade. I know there is a "Rip TT" thread, but this goes a little beyond the scope there.

I am SICK and TIRED of every FRIGGIN big free agent coming up and people on ESPN or elsewhere report the teams interested or may be interested and Green Bay is NEVER EVER EVER part of those discussions. Marvin Harrison was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. While I know we're decently deep at WR, it just blows my mind that GB won't even CONSIDER anyone in the news. Julius Peppers is another instance that comes to mind. Or heck, how about maybe chasing Anquan Boldin? Could you imagine Anquan and Jennings lining up? I know switching to the 3-4 is going to shift concern to souping up our D a little, but still.. I can't help but get agitated how we don't even attempt to jump in the conversation for the hell of it, never know what could happen.

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, for one I think that there was some rumors that GB would be a possible destination for Peppers. And Peppers is a fine player, but he will demand a king's ransom in both draft picks and his contract. If anyone trades for him, and I am not sure anyone will, it will probably blow up in their faces.

Boldin doesn't fill a need and it will cost someone a first round pick to get him. Do you really want to give up the #9 pick for a guy who couldn't find a way to be content on a Super Bowl team?

Marvin Harrison is washed up and has some potential shooting charges against him. Not to mention that the Packers are more set at that position than anyone so taking a risk on Harrison or breaking the bank on Boldin doesn't make a lick of sense.

Finally, while you may be talking about other years as well the new season hasn't even started yet so teams aren't allowed to be in contact with players right now. So when talking heads on ESPN are talking about potential destinations for these guys it is based entirely on speculation and has very little to do with what the potential teams' front offices are or are not doing.

NormalSizedMidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you should be a Cowboys fan ;)
Haha, but I think we might have been in the running for Peppers if he hadn't gotten tagged, now they'll want the world for him in trade. We don't really need a WR and Marvin's probably going to ask for more than what he's worth at his age. I like Bolden but how much of his talent is having that other guy lined up on the other side. Hell, even Breaston started to look like a stand out in the slot. Free agency is right around the corner, maybe they have something up their sleeves and we just don't know yet.

OP
OP
K

KYPackerGuy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what you guys are saying and I'm not just talking about this year necessarily. Need I mention that one receiver from a couple years ago, oh what's his name? Hmm... oh yeah it's Randy something. Moss maybe? :p

Yeah, we missed out HUGE there.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KYPackerGuy said:
I understand what you guys are saying and I'm not just talking about this year necessarily. Need I mention that one receiver from a couple years ago, oh what's his name? Hmm... oh yeah it's Randy something. Moss maybe? :p

Yeah, we missed out HUGE there.

Yeah TT coulda picked that up but were not really lackin any talent at WR...but Isn't Boldin under contract?? and Peppers got tagged and lol you want marvin harrison?? Dude hes 36 years old who had 80 catches in the last 2 years.. yeah you can say its cause he was injured but thats a part of bein old... And yeah NormalSizedMidget is right.. Maybe you should be a cowboys fan, like how they went out and got Roy Williams from the lions for a 1st 3rd and a 5th or somethin like that.. and how did that work out for them?

Wisco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what you are saying is you want Mike Sherman back right? Throw ridiculous contracts around and get us in cap hell like before right?

Well Im sure glad you are not the GM of the Packers, and I think TT is doing a pretty decent job of aquiring talent dont you?

Also not to mention that there might not be a cap next year so yeah that is kind of a big thing taking into account of throwing money and picks around like they grow on trees.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
KYPackerGuy said:
Guys, I'm new here so don't flame me too bad but I've been to the great city of GB twice (great, great town - great experience) and I have been a Packer fan since I was in 6th grade. I know there is a "Rip TT" thread, but this goes a little beyond the scope there.

I am SICK and TIRED of every FRIGGIN big free agent coming up and people on ESPN or elsewhere report the teams interested or may be interested and Green Bay is NEVER EVER EVER part of those discussions. Marvin Harrison was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. While I know we're decently deep at WR, it just blows my mind that GB won't even CONSIDER anyone in the news. Julius Peppers is another instance that comes to mind. Or heck, how about maybe chasing Anquan Boldin? Could you imagine Anquan and Jennings lining up? I know switching to the 3-4 is going to shift concern to souping up our D a little, but still.. I can't help but get agitated how we don't even attempt to jump in the conversation for the hell of it, never know what could happen.

Were you one of the people bashing Ted a few years back when he "wasnt even considering" Lavar Arrington? While Lavar was already in GB and being offered a contract

Point is, please dont just assume they arent "considering" a player when you have no factual basis to claim that

If by chance you do have factual basis to claim that, then I suggest you explain how you do know... It would help a great deal

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss was never a FA, guys. He was traded from Oakland to NE. No loss there, really. I like our WRs. I remember some howling LAST year when TT drafted Nelson. On some forums there were guys whining about TT drafting a player at a position we were deep in (looking back with injuries to Martin and Jones it was a good thing we had Nelson after all...). Harrison is well past his prime and some of these other FA headcases don't look all that appealing to me. ;)

Members online

Latest posts