How was your XLV Bar watching experience?

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the bar where we ended up. 75% were Steeler fans. Only 1% of them were an issue. And the good steeler fans handled the jerks. We had a great time at BW3 on Bethel rd in columbus. Most of the Steelers fans that were crazy for the game were all about congratulations as they left. "If we had to loose I guess I'd pick the Packers" was the popular refrain. We drove all the way to Columbus to a Packer bar. But it was full to overflowing at 3:30 lol So we ended up at a place we coulda went to at home. Was a lot nicer Bdubs though. Any horror stories?
_________

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm 64 and I watched the game at my son's home. 13 people and 12 under 30 years old. In Phoenix, AZ. It was a blast (well the high fives broke my hand, but what the hell ;-)

OP
OP
G0PackG0

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed the Packers female fans were much more attractive. Of course I may be biased.. I know my wife was hot in her tight little old navy packers shirt.

azmedic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched it at Old Chicago in Glendale,AZ with a few buddies of mine. The bar wasnt even half full and I was the only one wearing a Packers jersey. I think I saw one person with a Steelers jersey on, but most everyone in the bar was cheering for the Pack except the annoying Bears fans who felt like taunting me in the 4th quarter, but that ended up being the same group that bought me shots of Jager after the win...:biggrin:

sp0rtsnutone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea Green Bay sent em' packin'!!! Another thing was doing while watching the game was playing at Gameon247. They have great vegas styled games and sports picks in a tournament format and daily winners. Come join me and I'll send you packin'. Check it out during your commercial breaks :D

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Yea Green Bay sent em' packin'!!! Another thing was doing while watching the game was playing at Gameon247. They have great vegas styled games and sports picks in a tournament format and daily winners. Come join me and I'll send you packin'. Check it out during your commercial breaks :D

Thanks for the Public Service Announcement, glad to see you joined the forum for this...

SyX

Reaction score
Oh, and my experience? We were at a wedding (planned by a heartless woman and a man who apparently lacks more than intestinal fortitude). While the ceremony was going on, we were using our various mobile devices to keep track. When we hit the reception, most of us went to the bar to watch the game. About a 75% Packers wedding party, but everyone was into it and LOUD.

The bride threw a fit and told us all to leave, so a lot of us went back to my place, I fixed some brats and we had a great time. Haven't heard from the groom, but we all know angry sex can be a lot of fun, right?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and my experience? We were at a wedding (planned by a heartless woman and a man who apparently lacks more than intestinal fortitude). While the ceremony was going on, we were using our various mobile devices to keep track. When we hit the reception, most of us went to the bar to watch the game. About a 75% Packers wedding party, but everyone was into it and LOUD.

The bride threw a fit and told us all to leave, so a lot of us went back to my place, I fixed some brats and we had a great time. Haven't heard from the groom, but we all know angry sex can be a lot of fun, right?

Yeah, I'm sorry, but you don't plan a friggin wedding on the day of the Super Bowl. It's self-centered and rude, same with planning crap like that on three day weekends and holidays. I personally would have skipped the wedding.

SyX

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sorry, but you don't plan a friggin wedding on the day of the Super Bowl. It's self-centered and rude, same with planning crap like that on three day weekends and holidays. I personally would have skipped the wedding.

You pretty well summed her up with the self-centered and rude. We were just going to hang out at the bar and watch it, so she really did us a favor by kicking us out.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You pretty well summed her up with the self-centered and rude. We were just going to hang out at the bar and watch it, so she really did us a favor by kicking us out.

Yeah, what a *****. I'm sorry, but that's just a rotten thing to do. I absolutely hate when self-important people try and make themselves bigger than they really are.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

Sounds like she's trying to send the message that she's got the grooms balls in a vice.

ech1997

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is rarely a BAD overall viewing experience, but some years are better than others. The screw ups may be the things I remember most, outside of the game itself.

The Daily Hat Trick (at thedailyhattrick.info) ran a piece with a best & worst of (more worst than best) the Super Bowl stories that were not necessarily on the field, like the commercials, the anthem, etc. Fun read!

:chisux:

These smileys are great!

ech1997

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHY would ANY woman do that and WHY would any MAN allow it? Een if you don't like football, you HAVE to know that nobody outside your immediate family and closest of close friends will show. And they won't be very happy, either!

SyX

Reaction score
WHY would ANY woman do that and WHY would any MAN allow it? Een if you don't like football, you HAVE to know that nobody outside your immediate family and closest of close friends will show. And they won't be very happy, either!

You'd have to know her, and fortunately for you, it doesn't seem likely you do. His motivation? He chased after her for 5 or 6 years, so I'm thinking brain damage.

If he grew a pair, he would be able to hold it over her for the rest of her life, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Members online

Latest posts