How much faith do you have in Tramon Williams and Bush?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you have much faith in TRamon Williams JAret and Bush? Harris was unquestionably a big loss. The secondary looked good against the lions but then again, they're the Lions. Do you believe that Williams and Bush will step up their game?

I'm not too concerned with the secondary for the rest of the regular season. The only team left to play that i think could really scorch us if Williams and Bush don't step up is Arizona, and they will be (hopefully) resting their players. My fear is that we will play the Cowboys or the Saints or the Vikings in the playoffs(if we make it, knock on wood) and I don't see how the secondary will be able to hold up.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I have some faith in Williams more so than Bush. Williams stepped up his game and earned my respect last season with Harris out with his spleen injury. Bush has let some big plays go, but is relatively quiet outside those.

Hopefully he can come out and prove he's our man.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Tramon. I don't think we give up a lot physically from Al Harris to Tramon. He actually played well last year when he filled in, and again on Thanksgiving against the Lions. He doesn't have Al's experience and knowlege, so there may be a slip up once in a while, but we'll be okay there.

Bush is different. Not many fans on this board seems to like him, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because he is so inexperienced. There should be enough experience in the d-backfield to get him through this year. But he'll have to step up his game to get a shot again next year or the team will move on.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Williams and Jarrett Bush were both picked up by the Packers in the same season so their paths are equally alike. The fact that both of them have about the same amount of experience goes to show that Jarrett hasn't really progressed as much as Tramon.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I also have some faith in Williams, I can't forget how poorly he covered Roy Williams in the Dallas game. He has to do better than that in the big games coming up.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Williams and Jarrett Bush were both picked up by the Packers in the same season so their paths are equally alike. The fact that both of them have about the same amount of experience goes to show that Jarrett hasn't really progressed as much as Tramon.

It's true that they both came in 2006, but Tramon has actually had more defensive plays than Bush-- a little more experience. Bush seems to be a good enough special teams player which is probably why the Packers have held on to him this far.

Packers.com » Team » Players » Jarrett Bush

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously Tramon is better thus far in the coverage game. Jarret Bush has really faltered in that area. He is just a glorified ST player basically IMO. Bush has made plays here and there in coverage, but it's a rarity for him nowadays.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have alot of faith in Tramon. Bush not so much. But I don't bash Bush as much as most people do here. The coaching staff must see something in him to have kept him around.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like it was said, I don't like bashing Bush, he has been a hard worker for years but I don't see him anymore than a special teams contributor and used for depth in the DB field. However, I have a ton of faith in Williams, I think he could have the potential to be a solid corner in the league. He has two great mentors and could really fortify his position in the future with Harris out I think. He has the talent, it is just all his for the taking IMHO.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon will develop into a good corner one day. I just hope the Pack will resign him soon so they get to see that day because currently he's in his contract year and with so many surprise cuts in the preseason it's hard to predict whether it will happen.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I feel I can illustrate it best with this:

Faith Scale: 0 (No faith) to 100 (Charles Woodson type faith)

Williams: 80

Bush: -46

I have felt for a couple years that Williams was better than Harris, so frankly this is the way I would have had it from the first game, but with Harris playing the nickle.

Bush is beyond useless. I can't wait until they cut him. It seems like every year should be his last with us because he's so terrible, but he keeps surviving like that dog that always tried to kill itself on Spin City but never succeeded.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have felt for a couple years that Williams was better than Harris, so frankly this is the way I would have had it from the first game, but with Harris playing the nickle.

Bush is beyond useless. I can't wait until they cut him. It seems like every year should be his last with us because he's so terrible, but he keeps surviving like that dog that always tried to kill itself on Spin City but never succeeded.

lol--I loved that dog!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

I'm lowering Williams to a 70. I feel like a couple of those PI calls won't happen with different refs, but he still wasn't that great tonight. It'd be a 65 if he didn't get that last pick.

Bush is still god freaking terrible.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have no faith at all in Jarrett Bush... He is simply terrible... In my opinion, shouldnt even be in the NFL...

Williams, has some upside. Great speed, needs to develop a little more, but not much of a drop off from Harris IMO. Harris makes his share of plays, but he also gets torched quite a bit as well..

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, Williams did not play very well at all last night. Sure, he got the pick but he committed penalties when he simply didn't have to. I think he was already in position to make a play on the ball a few of the times he was called for PI. I'm not that worried yet but he an't do that again.

I thought Bush played rather well, besides a couple of plays.

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope what Woods said about Tramon was true, about him having a short memory (keep smoking that weed), and he showed that lastnight. On that game saving interception he showed a great compete level after giving up his third PI penalty, ugh.

Bush, I do not have much faith in him but I've seen a nice tackle or two out of him, and I think that although he has some skills, it is his confidence that is holding him back.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright, well now after the Bears game I can say Williams played well and Bush.....well he didn't suck too much. So I guess thats good.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon played alright but Bush is still the same. A lot of Aromashadou's catches came over bush. We seriously need a new Nickel.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon is fine. he'll get better too I think. Jarret bush though... I dont know about him. form what I've seen from him, I havent been impressed. But time will tell.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about Bush is that he isn't showing any progress whatsoever. Usually you say okay he didn't make that play this game but he'll make it in the next one. Guess what? He never does.

Latest posts